I installed this cause I loved the look of the 9700 in white. But the keyboard has a cheap feel, trackball doesnt center up with the keyboard correctly and the top ear-piece section cracked very easily.

Last edited by edlivian; 06-14-10 at 02:32 PM.
    06-14-10 02:29 PM
    Where did you get the case from if you don't mind me asking? I've been debating on doing the same thing... as soon as I get the rocks to tear mine down lol
    06-14-10 08:06 PM
    Wow. Good job.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-14-10 11:56 PM
    mine doesn't really center off either
    06-30-10 01:40 PM
    Is this housing one of the ebay housing? Truesupplier? Where did you get it?
    Everything looks very nice. I like how you have kept some of the black (trackball and middle piece). How did the tear-down go?
    06-30-10 02:52 PM
    That looks very nice. Where did you get the case from? Did you take pictures as you were opening it up?
    06-30-10 07:51 PM
    This looks like the one I got on ebay except for the black border. Did you not change it or it didn't come with one because moving the camera, flash, and speaker was pretty hard to move into the new white case. If it is the ebay case I noticed the paint ripples or chips off when I drop it and hits the ground

07-01-10 09:41 AM
    I've had mine white for awhile now... I'm actually on my second white housing, purchased from a different seller than the first, and both housings have had problems similar to yours. The way the trackball area doesn't quite fit will start to work itself out after awhile, and then eventually the plastic piece that is the menu & back keys will crack vertically underneath the trackball. Happened to BOTH of mine after a few weeks. Doesn't affect functionality, just makes a clicky noise sometimes and looks crappy.
    07-01-10 01:05 PM
    I did the same thing, for the same reason. Except I changed the middle piece as well (that was the hardest part). Mine looked good, but the quality was crap. It was $15.99 off eBay, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised. My trackball was also off-centre, and the top piece had gaps. I ended up screwing with the antenna when I had the phone apart, and as a result I now drop calls frequently. I also broke the speakerphone which means no ringtones! I finally just counted my losses, and bought a white 9700. I would never change housing again. Even if I didn't break anything, it's still crappy quality. Looks good though!

07-01-10 03:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD