Hey. I have just noticed a problem with my trackpad...

The cursor keeps jumping across the screen to completely random positions...this is beginning to annoy me as it is now near impossible to type on the keyboard when the cursor is moving...

It seems to only be happening when I'm outside...although I haven't thoroughly checked indoors...there are no scratches on the trackpad itself and it literally just started this morning...

I have another problem aswell...when I'm typing...foreign letters appear randomly...for example I was typing an S before and it changed to the German squiggly B w�thout me doing anything...

It is also inputting spaces randomly and deleting letters...

What is going on?!

Any help at all would be appreciated!

Thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-14-10 09:38 AM
    Any recent changes to the device (e.g. new apps installed, new OS, etc)?
    06-14-10 10:04 AM
    Just 5 new appworld updates...appworld itself...south africa...pixelated...quickpull and imagining theme

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-14-10 10:19 AM
    outside eh? well are you under sunlight? the trackpad uses a infrared type light and sensor... so being in the sun sometimes can do this... i bet if you go under shade and try again you will be able to use it...
    06-14-10 10:22 AM
    As for the letters, I fond mine does that too and I noticed it is relative to signal strength. Almost like an interference. It only happens in certain areas? Wherever it happened last, go back there and try is, see if it does the same thing each time...
    06-14-10 11:12 AM
    It has to do with either the direct sunlight or the wind screwing with the trackpad. It's happened to me as well. Slightly annoying but nothing to be overly concerned about.
    06-14-10 11:34 AM
    I say we dump the last 3rd party software and see if it still happens.
    06-14-10 12:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD