Just the other day, I had to use my phone while it was charging (wall charger). The phone kept kicking into speaker mode everytime it went from portrait to landscape mode and back to normal when in portrait mode. . . . Is this a bug or by design (and why the eff would this be by design???)
    06-14-10 08:30 AM
    Its by design. If you have it plugged in and put in landscape mode, the phone thinks its plugged into a charging dock so it switches to speakerphone. This has been discussed before but the threads are pretty buried by now. Try a search and you can probably find some more info and maybe a workaround.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-14-10 08:33 AM
    Just the other day, I had to use my phone while it was charging (wall charger). The phone kept kicking into speaker mode everytime it went from portrait to landscape mode and back to normal when in portrait mode. . . . Is this a bug or by design (and why the eff would this be by design???)
    And I thought I was losing my mind.
    06-14-10 08:46 AM
    And I thought I was losing my mind.
    well, without a full psychological exam, it's hard to know. (I couldn't resist! )
    06-14-10 09:48 AM
    Its by design. If you have it plugged in and put in landscape mode, the phone thinks its plugged into a charging dock so it switches to speakerphone. This has been discussed before but the threads are pretty buried by now. Try a search and you can probably find some more info and maybe a workaround.

Ahhh, I see. Thanks
    06-14-10 12:58 PM
    same issue here. now i know what to do
    06-14-10 01:04 PM
    thanks for this info because I was wondering the same thing. I was like is my phone Jacked up or something. It also does it in the car!!!
    06-14-10 01:30 PM
    My opinion: This feature shouldn't exist . . . It was driving me nuts trying to use my phone while it was plugged in. There were others in my hotel room and it kept switching to speaker mode . . not too good when you're trying to have a private conversation and wife can hear your drunk friends hootin' and hollerin' in the background . .

I don't see a need for this feature . . . does anyone else??
    06-14-10 04:33 PM
    This isn't a feature. Its ********. It should be selectable, not automatic. If you want speakerphone there's a big giant icon for it. That should be enough.

I've noticed this too on both my s1 and s2 and now I know what it is.

06-14-10 05:14 PM
    This isn't a feature. Its ********. It should be selectable, not automatic. If you want speakerphone there's a big giant icon for it. That should be enough.
    Well said and completely agree
    06-14-10 05:21 PM
    Thank You for this thread i had just assumed that it was simply ANOTHER one of the problems that i would just have to put up with. i know no phone is perfect but i really dont think the guys at RIM aren't listening and are falling further and further behind Mr Jobs & Co.
    06-14-10 05:53 PM
    I'm not sure as I haven't tried it, but with a program like quicklaunch (or a few others) you can stop the phone from tilting. I'm pretty sure this would work.
    06-14-10 06:10 PM
    The same thing has been happening to me forever and I finally was able to figure out why.

I see that others have the same problem/issues.

What's the deal with this? How can I turn this off?!?!?!
    08-11-10 10:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD