My Storm II about a week ago started doing this Updating Time Zone. When it does it, it does it about every three minutes, switching to another time zone and then coming back to the one it belongs in. This is getting frustrating as it messes up my calendar and I keep getting these meeting notices. I have removed the battery and that has not helped. At first I thought it was when I was in areas with bad coverage but today it was doing it while in Minneapolis Minnesota. Anyone else having this trouble and what did you do? I have updated the Roaming and it still does it.

murph
    06-13-10 12:53 PM
    Do you live on the edge of a time zone? If so go into your date time settings and uncheck the option to auto update time zone and set the zone you are in.
    06-13-10 06:10 PM
    I am right in the Center in Minnesota Central Time.
    06-13-10 08:09 PM
    i had this problem too a couple months ago and the guys at telus just said it was from daylight savings
    06-13-10 08:20 PM
    I was traveling through Minnesota in November last year, and I kept jumping from one time zone to another. It was very weird, and there must be something in that area. I would uncheck the option to auto update time zones.
    06-13-10 10:24 PM
    My Storm II about a week ago started doing this Updating Time Zone. When it does it, it does it about every three minutes, switching to another time zone and then coming back to the one it belongs in. This is getting frustrating as it messes up my calendar and I keep getting these meeting notices. I have removed the battery and that has not helped. At first I thought it was when I was in areas with bad coverage but today it was doing it while in Minneapolis Minnesota. Anyone else having this trouble and what did you do? I have updated the Roaming and it still does it.

murph
    Do you live on the edge of a time zone? If so go into your date time settings and uncheck the option to auto update time zone and set the zone you are in.

+1 For some reason, my has also started this strange behavior. you have 2 options: 1: set auto update time to prompt, 2: set it to off.
    06-13-10 10:57 PM
    I was traveling through Minnesota in November last year, and I kept jumping from one time zone to another. It was very weird, and there must be something in that area. I would uncheck the option to auto update time zones.
    It's radio interference from UFO's in the area.
    06-14-10 09:15 AM
    The forces of nature in Minnesota are protesting Brett Favre wearing purple and gold. Its just not natural and it has upset the whole balance and natural order of things.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-14-10 10:35 AM
    The forces of nature in Minnesota are protesting Brett Favre wearing purple and gold. Its just not natural and it has upset the whole balance and natural order of things.

Now that has to be about the best come back I have ever seen on any forum. You made me chuckle
    06-15-10 05:25 AM
    Well now this is interesting, my date/time auto update time zone is already Off?
    06-15-10 05:27 AM
    Well now this is interesting, my date/time auto update time zone is already Off?
    Perform an exorcism.
    06-15-10 11:39 AM
    Mine is doing the same thing. Not always but sometimes. It updates from st. louis time (central) to albuquerque time (mountain). I go to school in new mexico and my immediate family is in stl. I flew home for a couple weeks a while back and its been doing that time zone update thing. So it doesn't have anything to do with old qb's. Maybe boring cities?

Edit: now that I think about it, I think its a gps issue. I was running a couple days ago with a gps mileage tracker app and the gps map showed me running from albuquerque to northern wisconsin and back. (1177 miles, 2 second mile splits, 1800 mph). I bet it went to central time for a few seconds during that time too.
    Last edited by jgreen1tc; 06-15-10 at 04:26 PM.
    06-15-10 04:21 PM
    could be syncing the timezone with your pc... if your pc's time zone is set wrong it will sync your bb to the wrong time zone.... double click the clock on the bottom right of your pc... is it on the right time zone ?
    06-15-10 04:25 PM
    Hi, all. My Curve switches me periodically from the Mountain time zone (I live in Denver) to Eniwetok time. For those not geographically inclined, Eniwetok is an atoll in the Marshall Islands; it also happens to be the last option in the time zone drop-down menu on the Curve. I've never traveled to that part of the Pacific Ocean, so I'm guessing there's some sort of bug that randomly and automatically makes the phone switch to the last option in the menu. Haven't had it checked out yet but plan to bring it in to the next Verizon store I pass. This issue ring a bell with anyone else?
    09-23-10 03:25 PM
    There is a spot in ks that mine changes to mexico city time zone. Does it everytime I pass that spot without fail.

09-29-10 11:56 PM
    I'm currently traveling east on US Hwy 90 from Del Rio, TX to San Antonio, TX (both in Central Time), and my Tour is going crazy switching between Central and Mountain Time.

12-25-10 07:07 PM
    I experienced the same problem last year in Omaha, NE. I visited for work three times last year and always had problems with the timezone changing between central and eastern. Never had the problem anywhere else and i travel all over the country for work.
    12-27-10 11:28 AM
    Hi, all. My Curve switches me periodically from the Mountain time zone (I live in Denver) to Eniwetok time. For those not geographically inclined, Eniwetok is an atoll in the Marshall Islands; it also happens to be the last option in the time zone drop-down menu on the Curve. I've never traveled to that part of the Pacific Ocean, so I'm guessing there's some sort of bug that randomly and automatically makes the phone switch to the last option in the menu. Haven't had it checked out yet but plan to bring it in to the next Verizon store I pass. This issue ring a bell with anyone else?
    I live in Montrose, CO and my storm 2 is going to the same time zone.
    01-14-11 07:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD