Just got V CAST Videos pushed to my Tour this morning. Is it worth having on my phone or should I just hide it like everything else that gets pushed? Does it cost anything also?
    06-13-10 10:26 AM
    It came preloaded on my Bold 9650, and it made its way into the "Hidden" folder. I dont personally see a need for it
    06-13-10 10:31 AM
    I'm pretty sure you have to pay to view the videos too.
    06-13-10 10:32 AM
    Vcast is 10 per month
    06-13-10 11:58 AM
    Some people may have a use for it, it allows you to see videos of shows and such. It is a premium feature for 10 a month as it describes when you download it. If you don't want it, hide it. If you do great.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-13-10 12:00 PM
    .... aww I did not get it pushed to my blackberry lol
    06-13-10 12:21 PM
    Mine showed up when I did a batt pull. Just hide it.
    06-13-10 09:45 PM
    It's just an icon, nothing more. Whenever the service books are resent, pushed content will appear.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-14-10 12:10 AM
    does anyone pay for V-Cast? is the quality any good?
    06-15-10 06:53 AM
    does anyone pay for V-Cast? is the quality any good?
    When it got pushed to my phone, I downloaded it and it offered a free 30-day trial. I'm not sure if that exists anymore, but give it a shot. You can download, install, and launch the app without being charged; you will get to a page where you have to approve the charges.

The quality was OK, what I'd expect from mobile TV. It wasn't as choppy or intermittent as I thought it would be, but it wasn't the highest quality either. It wasn't worth it to me for $10/month.
    06-15-10 07:24 AM
    What Eric said! That was pretty much my experience with it.

Some highlights, they DID have full episodes of some TV shows but they were broken down in to 5 to 10 minutes blocks (which was good in a way, because you could watch in segments). There were some quirky but good mini webisode TV shows, mini shows. Good Edge section with features such as DC comics with actual shows and comics!!! Good news and sports highlights. Content updated frequently. AND as Eric said quality better than I expected.

The lowlights: Quality DID vary, sometimes it was pretty bad, and sometimes episodes were mis-marked (too often). Highlights, especially sports often out of date, at least 1 day, but often more. Promised content sometimes not available.

Bottom-line: Is it worth 10 per month? Maybe! Not to me, I would pay 5 per month in a heart beat, and be a lifelong subscriber, but 10 was just too much, and the quality while better than expected was just not good enough for me. TV junkies should enjoy it, but in the end, it was just not ready for prime time for me.
    06-15-10 09:10 AM
    I would just hide it, or put it in a folder...
    06-15-10 09:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD