View Poll Results: Would you like to see a NON hidden today version?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

6 75.00%
  • No

2 25.00%

check out the review of v2.0 by berryfication editor rezn!
    bbt’s Metro White|Black v2.0 by bbt Designs | Berryfication

thanks again rezn!

Thanks also to Tellsells for being incredibly responsive and helpful in testing and refining this theme, to HoopzKid for also being incredibly helpful in porting this to the storm, to Aftashok for brainstorming and testing on a 9700 and StaticFX for his awesome findings into the wonders of what is possible with the right coding!

some unique features:
    • OS6 versions have Calendar, Messages and Text previews!
    • nearly everything on the homescreen is hideable, making Metro highly customizable and wallpaper friendly!
    • dock icon text is hideable via shortcut keys (see navigation preview below)
    • today area is hideable via shortcut keys (see previews below) - swipe right from calendar to show SMS, left from SMS for calendar
    • the dock FADES in/out when you show/hide respectively
    • the weather icon FADES in/out when you show/hide respectively
    • the weather icon has status text (app icon name)
    • custom flash animation on focus of homescreen icons (the box around the icon flashes and then stays visible)

so here it is, Metro!

Also, there are 8 shortcuts on the homescreen (use the caps key for letters):
    • N = bbm
    • M = Messages
    • $ = SMS/MMS
    • L = Profiles
    • @ = Connections
    • Spacebar = QuickLaunch
    • K = Calendar
    • O = Options

And homescreen feature shortcuts
    • J locks dock, U unlocks it
    • X hides weather, Z shows weather
    • * shows icon text, # hides icon text
    • W hides dock underlay, # or * shows it
    • T shows today area, ESCAPE hides it (swipe right from calendar for SMS, left from SMS for Calendar)

And with the Metro bundle, your device can adapt to your lifestyle!
    Metro White's stark contrast of black text on white background for message lists, menus and popups make it ideal for use in bright settings.
    Metro Black is ideal for nighttime or dark settings (cinemas or lowlit parties).
    With its smooth grey fonts on black background, its easy on the eyes.

I worked very hard to make this theme work perfectly, I hope you all enjoy it!

Links are up!

if you are on a mobile device, go to themes>bundles to access the bundle (should be within the first 3 pages)

let me know what you think!
    And feel free to post screenshots!

Enjoy!
    Bbt

**please do a battery pull after installing a new theme!**
    Last edited by blackberrytourer; 02-23-11 at 08:00 PM.
    06-12-10 08:41 AM
    well where is it, on mobihand? Can we search for it?
    06-12-10 10:07 AM
    well where is it, on mobihand? Can we search for it?
    sorry about that!

links are up now!

let me know what you think of the post on mobihand, and most importantly what you think of the theme!

Enjoy!
    bbt
    Last edited by blackberrytourer; 06-12-10 at 10:29 AM.
    06-12-10 10:17 AM
    I just bought the theme, after seeing tellsells' screenshot from his 9000. I don't have a weather slot. How can I get one?
    Last edited by lak611; 06-12-10 at 07:22 PM.
    06-12-10 11:09 AM
    I just bought the theme, after seeing tellsells' screenshot from his 9000. I don't have a weather slot. How can I get one?
    you do.. they all do

the instructions here (above post) and on the mobihand post tell you how to show/hide weather slot:

simply press the * key (alt+A) and the weather slot will fade into view

Escape (back button next to the trackpad) will hide it

glad you like the theme! and that is one beautiful wallpaper tellsells had!

out of curiosity which version did you get?

let me know if you have more questions
    bbt

PS can you edit your post so it doesnt repost my first post? its just really long!
    thanks man
    Last edited by blackberrytourer; 06-12-10 at 11:36 AM.
    06-12-10 11:31 AM
    Yikes, no need to quote that intensely long first post just to ask a question, just click on Reply.

Anyway, I just bought the bundle in Colorful with transitions, it seems to flow really well. I did find though that when you hide the dock and then scroll up to show the dock, it is automatically focused on the second icon. If that icon is the calendar, the focus seems to be up in the events which prevents you from immediately scrolling to any other icon on the dock, you first must scroll down onto the calendar icon then you can scroll to another icon. I fixed this by not placing the calendar in the 2nd position on the bottom dock.

Other than that, everything works great and the homescreen looks great to showcase most walls. I was not able to use a light screen since I could not read my calendar icons. Perhaps a faint underlay for the hidden today features for an update?

Great job!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-12-10 11:46 AM
    looks great dollface!

seeing some beautiful wallpapers getting posted up

as for the scrolling up to the second icon, would it be better to have it scroll up to the first icon?

and about the calendar, i find the same thing, i could move the focus button to the first icon on show the dock, but then if you have a today item in the first icon it would do the same thing.. haha

not sure what to do about that, but usually i can rectify the issue if i dont overscroll (scroll lightly up)

unfortunately with hidden today you cant define a background, i wish i could because I know exactly what you are talking about.. the only option is to use a default font that has a shadow under it, however it is about 5 sizes smaller than the font size being used now for hidden today

ill have to see

glad youre liking the theme!
    06-12-10 12:22 PM
    Well, it seems fine as long as I keep an icon that is not a hidden today icon in that second position. I am digging this theme

Last edited by dollface54; 06-12-10 at 01:46 PM.
    06-12-10 01:18 PM
    to everyone, I've posted up a poll, to see how many people would like a non hidden today version

if a lot of people want one, I will make one!

thanks
    bbt
    06-13-10 05:57 PM
    taking out the hidden today feature is just merely a few clicks in theme studio. would be well worth your time I am sure.
    06-14-10 04:35 PM
    taking out the hidden today feature is just merely a few clicks in theme studio. would be well worth your time I am sure.
    yeah, i will be releasing a non today version, just have to put out an update to current versions and i am uploading a new version with app icon text for homescreen as well

hopefully i will be able to get all this out by next week!

thanks
    bbt
    Last edited by blackberrytourer; 06-14-10 at 06:44 PM.
    06-14-10 05:24 PM
    guys IMPORTANT FOR NEXT VERSION READ BELOW!!

alright, lots of additions and tweaks coming in next version next week, including adding status text -app icon names on homescreen (not on every icon, in one location if you remember my Zuneberry HD preview thread itll look like that) - with the ability to hide or show, improving font size for black versions, adding underlay to icons/clock on homescreen to support lighter wallpapers and more!

also i will be adding hide/show dock via shortcuts (not sure which ones yet) and changing it so that when you scroll down from icon1 it doesnt hide the dock, but scrolling down from 2-5and clock will hide dock (to improve navigation so when coming down from profiles/weather slot you dont accidentally hide the dock)

and i will be combining non hidden and hidden today versions, for simplicity (i dont want 100s of versions on mobihand!)

SO, here is the question:

would you rather

A. have calendar items appear/hide via shortcuts S/Z (uppercase) and messages appear/hide via shortcuts A/Q (uppercase) and also have the hidden today functionality (people who dont like hidden today would not have calendar or messages icon on homescreen to avoid that function - and can activate calendar via O (uppercase) and messages via M (uppercase)

B. Not change anything

A. would allow hidden today lovers to still use hidden today, and non hidden today lovers to avoid that function by using hotkeys... this would also allow you to access cal/mes previews while the dock is hidden

B. would leave just hidden today, not add any shortcuts for showing/hiding cal/mes

PLEASE
    think about this! i want to provide you guys with the best option to please the majority or users, and this is the best solution i think there is to avoid having 100s of versions on mobihand (it will also provide the user with more choices within one theme version)

let me know before the weekend, as i am going to start working on them friday so the updates will be ready next week!
    bbt
    Last edited by blackberrytourer; 06-15-10 at 06:27 PM.
    06-15-10 01:29 PM

would you rather

A. have calendar items appear/hide via shortcuts S/Z (uppercase) and messages appear/hide via shortcuts A/Q (uppercase) and also have the hidden today functionality (people who dont like hidden today would not have calendar or messages icon on homescreen to avoid that function - and can activate calendar via O (uppercase) and messages via M (uppercase)

B. Not change anything

A. would allow hidden today lovers to still use hidden today, and non hidden today lovers to avoid that function by using hotkeys... this would also allow you to access cal/mes previews while the dock is hidden

B. would leave just hidden today, not add any shortcuts for showing/hiding cal/mes

I vote for A, I'm starting to dislike the hidden today stuff. I like the option of seeing calendar items though. Great job on the theme!
    06-18-10 10:30 AM
    I vote for option A
    06-18-10 08:12 PM
    I vote for A, I'm starting to dislike the hidden today stuff. I like the option of seeing calendar items though. Great job on the theme!
    I vote for option A
    unfortunately i didnt change the hidden today, as more people seem to prefer it

you can always not have the calendar or SMS/MMS on the homescreen dock!

This is why I added the keyboard shortcuts (K=calendar $=SMS/MMS)

after a lot of work, v1.2 is released! check first post for changelog/updated screens

hope you all enjoy it
    bbt
    06-23-10 06:40 AM
    Great job on the new version! Quick question though will the problems that you had previously with Metro Black version 1 regarding font colors, etc. due to the theme builder limitations, are they going to be the same with version 1.2 or are they resolved with the new one?
    06-23-10 10:54 AM
    Great job on the new version! Quick question though will the problems that you had previously with Metro Black version 1 regarding font colors, etc. due to the theme builder limitations, are they going to be the same with version 1.2 or are they resolved with the new one?
    nope, unfortunately still not possible to fix this until RIM releases a new version of Theme Builder that better supports changing to black backgrounds

glad you like the new version!
    bbt
    06-23-10 10:57 AM
    I bought this theme earlier today and I absolutely love it. The amount of work that went into making it absolutely did not go unnoticed and is seriously appreciated. It looks beautiful with my wallpaper and the whole theme is just stunning. I bought the black and blue with transitions because it's so different, I mean how many other themes have that combination with beautifully detailed, translucent (means semi-transparent) menus? Not many. It's just gorgeous. After using it, I would pay up to $10 for this theme. Great work.

Here's a picture of it using my personal wallpaper...

06-25-10 07:30 PM
    looking good jake! thanks for the great review

v1.3 RELEASED!
    Some of the improvements and additions in v1.3:
    --------------------------------------------------------
    **changed show weather to Z from A to better support no dial from homescreen option
    **fixed some navigation issues for some versions
    **increased notifications to 4 from 3 on homescreen
    **increased notifications on appscreen
    **some other slight fixes
    **4.6/4.7 versions fixed a menu rendering issue on white version, fixed name that appears on device to accurately reflect the theme versions
    06-28-10 02:12 AM
    Been running this theme for a little while and love it, the only issue I still come across now and then is when I scroll from SMS to another icon the sms preview stays
    06-28-10 11:26 AM
    Been running this theme for a little while and love it, the only issue I still come across now and then is when I scroll from SMS to another icon the sms preview stays
    glad you're enjoying the theme!

not sure why that is happening for you, i havent heard that before and it doesnt seem to happen on my device (9630)

perhaps try a battery pull, maybe that will fix whatever is going on

hope that helps!

thanks
    bbt
    07-03-10 11:53 PM
    I was just wondering what the No transitions/transitions meant. idk which one to buy :O
    07-06-10 03:30 PM
    Great Theme! It appears as though "delivery notification" with verizon doesn't work. There's no little "D" next to sent SMS messages. Can someone verify this?
    07-07-10 06:18 AM
    I was just wondering what the No transitions/transitions meant. idk which one to buy :O
    Transitions are the slight animations between screens and menus. This theme has a slight fade in/fade out animation that works great on OS 5.0. Some people claim that transitions use more memory (or leak memory) but I have not experienced it with this theme
    I recommend purchasing the transitions version of this theme.

07-07-10 07:17 AM
    Just purchased this and I absolutly LOVE this theme! Phenomenal piece of work! Especially with the bundle!

07-07-10 03:33 PM
75 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD