Hello, I know this has been the subject of several blog posts so I apologise.
    Well basically I know th 9650 is a CDMA device which which means it's not supported in the UK (and possibly Europe) cause we're old and still on GSM.. I have done some research on the 965 and found that it's not being sold in the UK as it won't have 3G due to it being CDMA, however I watched a phonedog video on Youtube :

And he clearly says it should work in Europe... now this is where the confusion comes because I'm not sure if it will work or not. I also checked the blackberry website and compared the 9650 to the 9700 (as it a 3G device that is sold in the UK and in the Europe box it says that the 9650 WILL work.... I don't wanna buy it and find it doesn't work.

Again, sorry if this has been resolved or not.. I'm just really conscious of it :P

Thanks
    Vincent x
    06-12-10 06:28 AM
    the 9650 will work as it its a dual technology phone...CDMA and GSM..

but just get the 9700.. technically the differences are marginal at best...and at least you will have carrier support for the phone..
    06-12-10 07:39 AM
    Awww cool that's awesome.. yeh I can't afford a pricy contract one as I'm still a student and I'll be able to get the 9650 for cheaper than the 9700 as a SIM only.. I took a risk with my Curve 8900 as it's on sim only so I'm willing to do it again. fingers crossed it doesn't **** up (and at least I'll have my curve to fall back on :P)

Thanks for your help x
    06-12-10 07:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD