Ok so I upgraded to .607 a couple months ago and I really like it. I especially like how it locks and unlocks now with just 1 touch of the lock button. I haven't really noticed any other enhancements other than that but that's good enough for me lol

Anyways I now have 3 apps that won't work. Opera mini is the major one. I hardly do any browsing now cause Opera mini isn't working right. It loads and all but when I type a new URL or if I even use the keyboard it won't go back to full screen even when the keyboard disappears. Weatherbug and don't work either.

I've checked for updates to the apps uninstalled and reinstalled them but nothing will fix it. Is there anything else to get these to work other than downgrading to the previous OS?

Also is there anyway of knowing when the next update will come? Will there even be anymore before OS 6?
    06-11-10 04:58 PM
    no way of knowing about an impending upgrade from verizon until the very moment it shows up for download. You should have seen all the false rumors about release dates last year, directly from verizon employees. It gave a new meaning to the term "BS". When I had a Storm 1, I was having so much trouble with it I wanted to find out if there was going to be a new OS within the 30 day period I had to exchange my phone. After doing some reading on line and asking Verizon, I quickly realized that there was no way to know about a release until it happened. Every day there would be a new promise of a release date. all those dates fell by the wayside until many months later.
    06-11-10 05:08 PM
    Don't get the 607 fanboy riled up, but you're right S2 is long overdue for an update. No way I am aware to know until it hits the net.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-11-10 05:09 PM
    Weather bug works FINE on our phones with 607. You've got something else going on besides an OS issue with weatherbug.
    06-11-10 05:10 PM
    I wish you 2 would just kiss and make up!

06-11-10 05:13 PM
    I wish you 2 would just kiss and make up!

ewww!!!!

06-11-10 05:16 PM
    Can't get my keyboard to show up in Group BBM Chat. Any ideas on a fix???
    06-11-10 05:22 PM
    Sorry to disappoint you, Rich...

06-11-10 05:23 PM
    Can't get my keyboard to show up in Group BBM Chat. Any ideas on a fix???
    That is a known issue with 607. I don't think 517 is affected.

06-11-10 05:25 PM
    Ok so I upgraded to .607 a couple months ago and I really like it. I especially like how it locks and unlocks now with just 1 touch of the lock button. I haven't really noticed any other enhancements other than that but that's good enough for me lol

Anyways I now have 3 apps that won't work. Opera mini is the major one. I hardly do any browsing now cause Opera mini isn't working right. It loads and all but when I type a new URL or if I even use the keyboard it won't go back to full screen even when the keyboard disappears. Weatherbug and don't work either.

I've checked for updates to the apps uninstalled and reinstalled them but nothing will fix it. Is there anything else to get these to work other than downgrading to the previous OS?

Also is there anyway of knowing when the next update will come? Will there even be anymore before OS 6?
    That's what Opera Mini 5 does on .607 including hybrids, there's no fix other than Opera and/or RIM putting out an update. To use it "normally" when you're done typing and the keyboard disappears leaving that blank area, just rotate your phone 90 degrees (not upside down).
    06-11-10 05:41 PM
    If the only enhancement you like about .607 is the way the lock button works, but you're having other problems, then I would downgrade to .517. Its a much more stable OS and the lock button functions exactly the same. And its also an official release, except its from a Canadian carrier, Sasktel.

06-11-10 07:47 PM
    I know this won't help, but I'm running .607, and I have no problems with BBM or OM5. Just so you know it is possible to have .607 and no problems.
    06-11-10 08:56 PM
    it is a long time since we had at least a leak , forget a official release for our storms . i think is great news actually because these means they are working for the OS 6 for us . probably they are not trying to release any more updates for the OS 5 for us and we will get the OS 6 soon .
    06-11-10 09:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD