OK, for starters, I could not get an email to go out and BBM was no working from my 9700. That's when I noticed I didn't have the BB Logo by my "3G "symbol near the signal.

I did a battery pull, when it came back up, all I got was the "3g" symbol.

I switched to 2G in the mobile options, and came back online with "EDGE" - no BB logo, but email and BBM started working.

I'm north of Atlanta, GA. My Girlfriend has a 9700 on AT&T near Daytona, FL is and having the same problems.

Normally, I would post this in the service outage, but it's NOT a BB service outage, it's AT&T.

I called 611 and you get the recorded "Please note, customers in your area are experiencing data problems...." (Well, something like that.)
    06-11-10 12:03 PM
    UPDATE - just confirmed with 2 co-workers that use iPhones... they are having the same problem.

They switched to 2G (EDGE) and data functions returned for them.

So, it's not a BB outage, but an AT&T issue.
    06-11-10 12:15 PM
    I live in the Gainesville, GA area as well and switched to the 2G like you suggested above and it seems to be working now.
    06-11-10 01:20 PM
    I finally just kept hitting "0" on when I called 611 to get through to an AT&T rep.

All she can tell me is that 3G Data for the majority of the SouthEast US is down or having intermittent problems. It's a high priority fix for them, but there is no ETA on the repairs.

She did say that they are telling users to fall back over to EDGE (2G) as the data on that band is functioning.

WOW! AT&T usually only has problems like this AFTER the iPhones junkies get their new "Toys"! LOL!!
    06-11-10 01:40 PM
    Engadget has an article about the problems. Must be widespread as they labeld the southeast and puerto rico.
    06-11-10 02:34 PM
    Do you have a link? I can't find it on their site.

+++++++++Never mind, I found it! It's sad when you can find an article faster on Google than using a site's own search tool!
    Last edited by WolfmanRobby; 06-11-10 at 03:05 PM.
    06-11-10 03:02 PM
    Its an issue in FL, GA, AL and LA. A ticket is in...no ETA for resolution.

Good news is a simple flip over to 2G brings back your service, albeit on EDGE.
    06-11-10 03:12 PM
    Actually, it goes as far as Miss and TX... even Puerto Rico.

And EDGE beats nothing. As I mentioned before, that trick works for the iPhones, and I assume any other 3G phone having problems. (Backflip??)
    06-11-10 03:28 PM
    Well, for anyone interested, AT&T says the problem is fixed, but some areas may not be back to full 3G until sometime tomorrow.

I have 3G functions back in my area, so does my GF in Florida.... your coverage might vary.
    06-11-10 08:17 PM
    Thank god I found this post I'm in nc and mines still on 3g. So I switched it back to 2G.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-11-10 08:38 PM
    Thank god I found this post I'm in nc and mines still on 3g. So I switched it back to 2G.

Lol this thing is s wrong I'm posting from an itouch not my blackberry lol

06-11-10 08:39 PM
    Yeah it happened in louisiana too. But thank goodness they fixed it. Well it fixed where I live

06-12-10 02:46 PM
    i wondered why my 3G was wonky when i got back into town last night. I had to go to EDGE to make sure it worked and kept trying 3G until it finally kicked in around midnight.
    06-12-10 02:52 PM
    Mine kicked in around 1800 Fri night in Atlanta
    06-13-10 08:59 AM
    I've never had 3G so I don't know what that's like lol I'm told ATT is supposed to be upgrading the towers in places in WV(bet I'll never know which ones....lol) I guess I've had no problems since I"m always on EDGE lol
    06-13-10 11:48 PM
    Southeast US 3G is being worked on. Remain in 2G mode for the time being. Not affecting everybody.
    06-14-10 01:27 AM
    This still seems to be a rolling issue. Some days I can stay on 3G all day, other's I have to swtich over to EDGE for at least part of the day.

And, again, it's not just BB users. It's any 3G smart phone (iPhone, Droid, ...)
    06-23-10 11:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD