Just a theory, and someone shoot me down if need be, but I know Sprint doesn't support MMS, is this just a matter of service books being on the handheld, or something distinctly not being on their end, or even actively blocking service books on the device?

In theory, couldnt you just copy over some service books from another provider, edit the MMS settings and have it that way?

MMS settings are easy to find for Sprint:

settings used on server config:
    Server Name: sprintpcs
    gateway: left blank
    port number: 80
    server address: http://mms.sprintpcs.com/servlets/mms
    Connect via: The Internet
    Sending size limitation: 350k

I don't want the ability to view them on my handheld, just the ability to send them like you could with the PPC6700/PPC6800.

This should provide some background:
    How To: Real Picture/Video Mail for the Treo 700wx. - SprintUsers.com

When some of the first Windows Mobile devices came out, there was a way you could change the registry settings on a device so that you could at least send pictures. I just want to be able to do that using MMS. I think if I could get some extracted service books for MMS, that is a start!

Just a question....
    Last edited by NotYaAverageBro; 07-02-08 at 07:46 PM.
    07-02-08 07:37 PM
    No, not that easy. Both Spring and Verizon decided that non-camera devices can't do MMS and they yank it out of your hands.

The network will reject them destined to you and from you. The device itself won't even see the incoming ones.
    07-02-08 07:40 PM
    Are you sure about that? I am not trying to view MMS messages on my device. MMS messages come as a SMS message with a URL to link to on Sprint "Smart" devices such as Palm OS, Windows Mobile and BlackBerry.

How could I go about extracting some service books and starting there?
    07-02-08 07:44 PM
    After 6 months of calling them, i went on a search,,,, and i found a back door,,, 811 is an online web page that will take your pics and send them like MMS to another phone,,,

811.com Free Picture Messaging - Send Free Picture Messages to any Cell Phone

now I'm back to loving my phone
    07-05-08 07:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD