In the last 2 weeks..i've had the following.

5 random restarts, whether i'm playing a tower defense game, browsing crackberry.com, typing a sms...it just resets on its own.

5 times it said i had a new message, but it wouldn't show up on the screen, i'd get a blank screen, causing me to pull the batt to get it to show up. in BBM i could see the first few words but opening the chat it would be blank.

lags up at work all the time. poor signal + weak wifi signal are my guesses for it. It clings to -110dBM or loses it entirely.

it's on par with my old HTC Diamond reliability wise. the Diamond only took a minute or two to boot up though, not five.

Was hoping to fall in love with this phone, but i'm finding it extremely difficult.
    06-10-10 03:51 PM
    Sounds like a hardware problem. Perhaps exchange for another?
    06-10-10 04:04 PM
    Get out while you still can.
    06-10-10 04:07 PM
    You're right about the boot up, it does take forever. But those other issues aren't common, I think you should swap it out.
    06-10-10 04:37 PM
    yea like almost 4 min to boot up, its crazy. but it boots faster than my curve did lol
    06-10-10 10:47 PM
    All smartphones have a long bootup. WinMo, BB, and WebOS at least. I can't imagine that Android or Symbian are any different. Or the Iphone for that matter.
    06-11-10 07:24 PM
    Android boot times are ridiculously fast in comparison, but that doesnt help the OP.

Personally sounds like a hardware defect to me. I have not had ANY of those issues since I got the device, and I use it rather heavily. I would have Sprint exchange that for you.
    06-11-10 07:27 PM

5 random restarts, whether i'm playing a tower defense game, browsing crackberry.com, typing a sms...it just resets on its own.

5 times it said i had a new message, but it wouldn't show up on the screen, i'd get a blank screen, causing me to pull the batt to get it to show up. in BBM i could see the first few words but opening the chat it would be blank.

lags up at work all the time. poor signal + weak wifi signal are my guesses for it. It clings to -110dBM or loses it entirely.

it's on par with my old HTC Diamond reliability wise. the Diamond only took a minute or two to boot up though, not five.

Was hoping to fall in love with this phone, but i'm finding it extremely difficult.
    Man, don't put up with this any longer. Return it for a diff phone. The BOLD is awesome. You maybe have a lemon.
    06-11-10 08:29 PM
    My WinMo phone was a 2-3 minute boot up tops. But yeah It shouldn't reboot on its own.

I will most likely exchange the phone for a new one, or for the Evo 4g...but none in stock. So if i do go for the Evo 4g I have to return the Bold and use my phone til they get smoe in.
    06-11-10 08:30 PM

i would return it for a new one. my first phone sucked. using a handsfree connection over bluetooth was impossible and i couldn't get a signal in a lot of places my curve worked fine. my second phone is great, much faster than the curve, bluetooth works great, and call quality is awesome. i'm glad i took the first one back. return it and get a new one, you'll be glad you did.
    06-11-10 08:51 PM
    saga is coming to a close.

since i originally posted. i've had to do 4 batt pulls because i couldn't open up messages. i've had it reset another time.

i am now on the waiting list at best buy for an EVO. they are letting me keep the Bold until they get one for me regardless of how long it is, no 30 day limit with this phone. <3 Best Buy for this.
    06-13-10 07:12 PM
    Good luck with the battery on the Evo.
    06-13-10 07:20 PM
    Good luck with the battery on the Evo.
    thanks

good luck with your battery door(see...i can play this game to)
    06-13-10 07:30 PM
    Lol um the battery doors are fine on the 9650. Atleast mine is and I haven't noticed to many complaints.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-13-10 07:38 PM
    mine wiggles, so i had to put a piece of tape under it. doesn't bother me so i didn't mention it.

The phone feels great. Love the track pad. Love the keyboard. I think it's just Blackberry OS that i don't like. And I am far from impressed with OS6. I like simple/clean UI's. Thats why I use CleanCuts on my Bold. Very minimalistic.

I have nothing against this phone, it's just not wowing me. And if i'm paying $450 i want it to wow me.
    06-13-10 08:05 PM
    No worries, use what is best for you...

But every device has a down fall of some sort.
    06-13-10 08:12 PM
    thanks

good luck with your battery door(see...i can play this game to)
    I don't think he meant that in a bad way, I have spent hours today reading reviews on the Evo, I really can't find a good word about it (battery) and a lot of this is on Sprint's own web site. Some even say a few hours of heavy use will drain it. I was really wanting to trade my Palm Pre that I just got for the Evo but the battery is a deal killer for me.
    06-13-10 08:23 PM
    i to have read a ton of reviews on many different sites and forums.

there are a lot of tweaks to help the battery issue.

my bold lasts a good day in a half. depends how much i use it and whether i work or not, since i fight signal issues the whole 7-8 hours at work it can drain a battery quick.

i take most things on the internet as sarcasm...since there is still no sarcasm font. =P
    06-13-10 08:36 PM
    I've had no issues with the battery door and my boot up time is around 2 minutes, but good luck with whatever you chose, when it comes down to it you need to be happy with your phone so i wont fault anyone for changing if they arent happy
    06-13-10 09:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD