I am trying to delete a twitter account from SocialScope but I keep getting an error msg, telling me to try again later. Anybody have a clue why im getting this msg or any other methods to use to get rid of an account? Thanks for the help.
    06-10-10 01:59 PM
    Won't work for me either.
    06-10-10 04:35 PM
    Havin' the same problem
    06-17-10 12:29 PM
    I got an email from them saying they were aware of the problem...They asked why I was trying to delete, which I thought was beside the point

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-17-10 12:34 PM
    I have the same problem as well. Sent an email to them but didn't get any reply at all.

06-17-10 01:04 PM
    Same here. No response from SC
    06-17-10 01:40 PM
    Is there a problem with Twitter on SC? I am still waiting for an invite for SC. If there is a problem I won't worry about. The newest beta for twitter works fine.
    06-17-10 04:18 PM
    I got an email from them saying they were aware of the problem...They asked why I was trying to delete, which I thought was beside the point

Got the same email from them.
    06-17-10 05:36 PM
    Is there a problem with Twitter on SC? I am still waiting for an invite for SC. If there is a problem I won't worry about. The newest beta for twitter works fine.
    No there isn't a problem with it working on SocialScope but it just doesn't let you delete a Twitter account if you have more than 1 linked on SC.
    06-17-10 05:45 PM
    Might not even be SC's fault, given how screwy Twitter has been the past week.

Didn't hear of this problem before the fail whale invasion
    06-17-10 10:49 PM
    Might not even be SC's fault, given how screwy Twitter has been the past week.

Didn't hear of this problem before the fail whale invasion
    considering they replied with "Its a known bug" Id say its got more to do with the app then twitters recent fail.
    06-18-10 07:02 AM
    Had to uninstall SS because of this. I just don't like that orphaned account staring me in the face. How much different is it to deleting FB/flickr/FS accounts. Sounds like they don't want us to delete our twitter account. Can't imagine why though...they haven't even updated theirs in a while.

Anyway they'll probably tax their system less if they don't bother to send those 'thank you for your interest' emails to everyone that tries to signup and just send out to people who got in.

I was going to email them if they can remove the twitter account manually but reading this thread...why bother.
    06-20-10 11:19 AM
    I am having the same issues. They opted to manually remove the other account but I have still yet to see it removed.
    I am using UT untill they remove it.

06-20-10 11:10 PM
    Had to try again I do like SS and someone from SS needs to see this *bump*. Looks like refreshing two twitter accounts is almost impossible right now. Most of the time one of the two twitter accounts doesn't even refresh. So they should release a build with only one twitter account limit.

@socialscope maybe some kind of a reset button on your website ? With user/pass like for downloading the SS app?
    06-21-10 03:48 PM
    Had to uninstall SS because of this. I just don't like that orphaned account staring me in the face. How much different is it to deleting FB/flickr/FS accounts. Sounds like they don't want us to delete our twitter account. Can't imagine why though...they haven't even updated theirs in a while.

Anyway they'll probably tax their system less if they don't bother to send those 'thank you for your interest' emails to everyone that tries to signup and just send out to people who got in.

I was going to email them if they can remove the twitter account manually but reading this thread...why bother.

I am beginning to think the same thing, SS don't want us to delete any twitter accounts b/c I was able to delete my fb from it. I thought it was strange for them to ask me "why I was trying to delete my twitter". I wish there was a way to reset it but apparently that is all a dream. Hopefully they will fix it soon.
    06-22-10 12:19 PM
    I have been trying to include my new account for the last two days. I guess there are a few other people not being able to update their twitter information and/or delete a particular account. I emailed them, but they replied with a "computer generated message" saying that they get way too many emails and don't respond to each one but that they do read them. (Whatever that means). I twittered about it too, and as of the time of me posting this thread, there hasn't been a response yet.

It's practically impossible to select the username portion and just backspace in order to include the new account. You can only do that with the password, and when you click on "remove from socialscope" I get the following image (I have done this at least 10 times). Notice, again is misspelled :-)

I don't really understand why they wouldn't allow users to update/delete/change their twitter accounts. I deleted my secondary account altogether, and I was trying to add the new one that I created, but it's nearly impossible I think.
    06-25-10 07:53 PM
    i tried to delete as well not working, i cant update my profile pic from the app. i tried adding my sisters twitter acct to c if there was something wrong with my acct, i cant delete that one either... ive been msging them for weeks not and i still cant get a proper response uggghhh...
    06-26-10 09:05 PM
    I have been trying to include my new account for the last two days. I guess there are a few other people not being able to update their twitter information and/or delete a particular account. I emailed them, but they replied with a "computer generated message" saying that they get way too many emails and don't respond to each one but that they do read them. (Whatever that means). I twittered about it too, and as of the time of me posting this thread, there hasn't been a response yet.

It's practically impossible to select the username portion and just backspace in order to include the new account. You can only do that with the password, and when you click on "remove from socialscope" I get the following image (I have done this at least 10 times). Notice, again is misspelled :-)

I don't really understand why they wouldn't allow users to update/delete/change their twitter accounts. I deleted my secondary account altogether, and I was trying to add the new one that I created, but it's nearly impossible I think.
    Yeap, that is the exactly the same msg I get when i try. *smh*
    06-27-10 12:39 AM
    i tried to delete as well not working, i cant update my profile pic from the app. i tried adding my sisters twitter acct to c if there was something wrong with my acct, i cant delete that one either... ive been msging them for weeks not and i still cant get a proper response uggghhh...

yea that is the worst thing you can do....it will let you add as many twitter accounts you want but then you can't delete any of them. it sucks!
    06-27-10 12:40 AM
    I think we all need to Twitter or email them in the same day. Hopefully it will spark some movement. I'm getting tired of my other acct just starring at me. Lol

07-02-10 11:40 PM
    So almost a week on my side, and no response from twitter/email for me yet. Has anyone heard anything about deleting/updating accounts yet? When you tweet about it, remember to include the hash-tag #socialscope
    07-03-10 01:16 AM
    still having this issue and they have not replied to my emails. getting frustrated
    07-07-10 02:22 PM
    still having this issue and they have not replied to my emails. getting frustrated
    Same here.. I go in every few days with my fingers crossed in hopes that it will work and nothing.

07-07-10 02:30 PM
    I'm just going to start tweeting about it like someone else said with the hash tag #socialscope. I also emailed them and the invite was from someone else so I can't use it because their twitter info won't delete. I wonder if socialscope will just ever come out of beta?
    07-07-10 02:36 PM
    I'm just going to start tweeting about it like someone else said with the hash tag #socialscope. I also emailed them and the invite was from someone else so I can't use it because their twitter info won't delete. I wonder if socialscope will just ever come out of beta?
    I am beginning to wonder if this something they are doing on purpose to discourage people from giving away their invite code. I would think this problem could be fixed without too much problem on their end. Guess not

07-07-10 02:43 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD