For those of you who haven't seen the thread, over at xda, here it is, Unrevoked team: Incredible Root process - xda-developers. No easy way to do it, yet, but probably within the next day or so.
    06-10-10 07:00 AM
    What exactly is rooted? I'm new to Android. Thanks.
    06-10-10 09:35 AM
    What exactly is rooted? I'm new to Android. Thanks.
    http://www.androidcentral.com/rooting-it-me-some-qa
    06-10-10 10:41 AM
    Unbelievable stuff!
    06-10-10 11:34 AM
    Shows how skilled the team behind the EVO root was. Others tried and failed.

I am afraid this is too little, too late for me, I was really considering the Incredible when it was first released, but seeing the lineup for the new Android phones on VZW for the remainder of the year is going to hold me back. 2Ghz Moto phone coming, the Droid Xtreme, etc.
    06-10-10 03:37 PM
    Thank you.
    06-10-10 10:35 PM

I am afraid this is too little, too late for me, I was really considering the Incredible when it was first released, but seeing the lineup for the new Android phones on VZW for the remainder of the year is going to hold me back. 2Ghz Moto phone coming, the Droid Xtreme, etc.
    Why not get this now and that than lol. But in all seriousness it only took them like 6 weeks to root the Incredible, thats not bad.
    06-11-10 11:03 AM

My NE2 is in august and i'm jonesin hard or the inredible....what do you know that i dont?
    06-11-10 08:36 PM
    My NE2 is in august and i'm jonesin hard or the inredible....what do you know that i dont?
    Verizon/Motorola will be releasing a few smartphones this summer. The Shadow/Xtreme is first in July, and the Droid2 in August.

We have seen Quadrant benchmark scores for the Shadow/Xtreme that are 2x better than the ones posted by the Incredible.

Then there is the news that Verizon/Motorola will be releasing a smartphone with a 2 Ghz processor by the end of the year... the Incredible won't be so Incredible for very long.
    06-11-10 08:44 PM
    Verizon/Motorola will be releasing a few smartphones this summer. The Shadow/Xtreme is first in July, and the Droid2 in August.

We have seen Quadrant benchmark scores for the Shadow/Xtreme that are 2x better than the ones posted by the Incredible.

Then there is the news that Verizon/Motorola will be releasing a smartphone with a 2 Ghz processor by the end of the year... the Incredible won't be so Incredible for very long.
    did a little research on these....you might like this...

http://www.androidcentral.com/new-pics-droid-x-emerge

both the X and 2 apparently are running 750mhz...
    06-11-10 09:12 PM
    also looks like the droid x is going to be a monster...thinner, but overall bigger than the original droid, which in my opinion is too big and bulky...5.01x2.5x.39
    06-12-10 06:43 AM
    That's a never ending phenomena; no matter which phone you purchase, the up and coming devices in the near future will always have their own 'up and coming' that will beat them. It happens with BlackBerry, Apple, Motorola, HTC, LG, Palm etc... It's pointless to try and keep up. Go ahead and purchase one of the newer devices to be released this year... within 2 months you'll be pained to see better devices being sold.

Until smartphone manufacturers start ensuring they don't release new devices a minimum of more than 2 year apart, it'll never change.

I'll be riding out my 2 year contract before trading in my Incredible for whatever device is the flavor of the month, and I'll be quite satisfied with the use I got out of it.
    Last edited by rmjones101; 06-12-10 at 07:11 AM.
    06-12-10 07:07 AM
    And then LTE is coming so do you wait for a 4G android (HTC Scorpion?) or the second generation LTE devices which I am sure will follow. Oh the dilemma! glad I renew in October

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-15-10 04:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD