Hey all,

I've been thinking about trying some of the new hybrids on my 9550. I've looked around and found a lot of people saying how great hybrids are and people who don't think they make a big difference. I decided to do as close to a scientific test as I can to see how much of a difference there is to installing a hybrid. I'm going to wipe my BB, install MeterBerry, and spend a week with the stock .607 OS on my 9550, and then do the same the following week with the latest hybrid I can get from BBHybrids.net.

If you'd like more information, want to follow my progress, or want to participate you can check it all out on my blog.

Introducing Project Hybrid � StormOTA Blog

Right now, I'm going to track memory usage, battery drain, and browser speed. Is there anything else you think I should track in my experiment?
    06-09-10 11:20 PM
    Phone signal strength, usually measured in dB
    06-10-10 12:34 AM
    Reboot time. Ease of copy paste. Application launch time. Length of time of hour glass spin while doing a certain set of multitasking (ie. Listening to music, web browsing full html sites, and loading a game like Need for Speed,

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-10-10 08:07 AM
    Thanks guys for the input. I'll factor in signal strength and pull the battery a few times to see how fast it comes up.

Next question: does anybody have a specific preference to which hybrid I should load? I'm looking through a bunch of findings/fixes thread, but I was hoping to get some input from people who have been using them for more than a few days.
    06-11-10 03:45 PM
    Lyricidal's Hybrids, please!
    06-11-10 03:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD