I realize this is hardly an original thread, but I am finally getting rid of my Storm! I was one of the suckers that purchased it on Nov. 21, 2008. I faithfully installed all the beta OS's/hybrids. I tried everything. I *wanted* to like this phone. I'd been a BB user for many years prior. This phone didn't even act like a good BB, let alone a decent touchscreen. Terribly call quality, spotty reception (in Orange County, for crying out loud!), random resets...it even randomly deleted messages from my inbox! Sometimes, I would open up my inbox, and several emails would have randomly disappeared. The web browser is worthless. The OS is worthless. The 1-button click screen was a horrible idea. I hate this phone, but I've been tied into a contract with Verizon. Well, I finally stopped caring. I've been researching Android phones, and that is where I will be heading. No more BB's for me. Way to go, RIM.
    06-09-10 03:51 PM
    That's alright. Get it all out. Soon, you will have another device to confound and disappoint you.

Is it sad that I can't even tell when I am trolling anymore? Too much time here, no doubt.
    06-09-10 03:58 PM
    Wait, how can you leave the Storm? It's click-tastic! Surepress was the most brilliant idea for smartphones in the 21st century. Let me stop, I'm lying.
    06-09-10 04:01 PM
    If you really did have all those problems, then I do feel bad for your experience and hope that you find what you're looking for elsewhere.

But for the record, I had two Storm 1's and neither of them had any of the problems you mention except for the slow browser of course. They certainly weren't perfect, but never had serious problems that would cause me to hate or even somewhat dislike them. In fact, the only reason I switched to the Storm 2 was for the WiFi.

Also (and nobody will believe this probably), I actually think I liked the single button click better than the new version. It was more consistent and always worked.
    06-09-10 04:19 PM
    Wait, how can you leave the Storm? It's click-tastic! Surepress was the most brilliant idea for smartphones in the 21st century. Let me stop, I'm lying.
    Oh bejezuz are you still here trolling? If the storm is that bad and you have moved on (months ago) why are you still here ?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-10-10 05:24 AM
    Oh bejezuz are you still here trolling? If the storm is that bad and you have moved on (months ago) why are you still here ?

LOL you must be new here.

And honestly I tried the browsers on the Droid and the Incredible and while fast (and smooth to scroll in the case of the incredible) they were really not much more useful than opera mini on the storm. I have spent hours at a time browsing with it and page loads are a few seconds at most; the only real hangup is the occasional high res image showing up as a blur. Anyone who can't figure out how to click a few times, install this *free* app and have a perfectly fine web browsing experience, should probably just give up and buy an iPhone.
    06-10-10 08:22 AM

And honestly I tried the browsers on the Droid and the Incredible and while fast (and smooth to scroll in the case of the incredible) they were really not much more useful than opera mini on the storm. I have spent hours at a time browsing with it and page loads are a few seconds at most; the only real hangup is the occasional high res image showing up as a blur. Anyone who can't figure out how to click a few times, install this *free* app and have a perfectly fine web browsing experience, should probably just give up and buy an iPhone.

I love that you and the kzbht guy are literally the ONLY storm 9530 supporters left on CrackBerry, a blackberry site with 10,000 logged on at a time.. ahah

Keep fighting the good fight you two!

$Matt
    Last edited by moneymatt; 06-10-10 at 07:12 PM.
    06-10-10 10:27 AM
    I love you you and the kzbht guy are literally the ONLY storm 9530 supporters left on CrackBerry, a blackberry site with 10,000 logged on at a time.. ahah

$Matt
    Keep on wasting your money! I would say keep on wasting your time on a forum for a device you don't use anymore but you would just waste that on something else anyway. It's a free country, after all.

lol@sarcasm.
    06-10-10 11:26 AM
    Keep on wasting your money! I would say keep on wasting your time on a forum for a device you don't use anymore but you would just waste that on something else anyway. It's a free country, after all.

lol@sarcasm.
    Dude, i'm just waaay too entertained watching the last two storm 9530 holdouts in the world put up a fight!

It's like watching someone fight to the death over how they think the Earth is FLAT!

ahahah awesome! Keep it up!!!

$Matt
    06-10-10 07:14 PM
    Dude, i'm just waaay too entertained watching the last two storm 9530 holdouts in the world put up a fight!

It's like watching someone fight to the death over how they think the Earth is FLAT!

$Matt
    You're on a forum for a phone you don't even have, trying to flame people who do have one... And you're not totally lame and pathetic how? The only thing that keeps me coming back is laughing at how pissed you get when there might be a chance someone disagrees with you. Its trollish of me but hey whatever works.

06-10-10 10:42 PM
    You're on a forum for a phone you don't even have, trying to flame people who do have one... And you're not totally lame and pathetic how? The only thing that keeps me coming back is laughing at how pissed you get when there might be a chance someone disagrees with you. Its trollish of me but hey whatever works.

Wait a second.. I've just received word that Kzhbt has officially moved on from the Storm to a rotary phone landline.. apparently after a failed 911 call attempt he's picked up something more reliable! (damn those themes!)

that makes you offically THE LAST STORM 9530 SUPPORTER ON EARTH!!!

WHOOO!! Congratulations! You've just won a lifetime supply of STORM 9530s!! you'll be sure-pressing your way into battery-pulls at the most awkward of moments for DECADES to come!!

It couldn't have happened to a more deserving breed of troll! Enjoy! ;-)

$Matt
    Last edited by moneymatt; 06-11-10 at 12:27 PM.
    06-11-10 10:28 AM

Opera mini on the storm can't be compared to the experience of browsing on the incredible.

the incredible automatically rerenders the text as you zoom to fit the page margins without scrolling over

the incredible select/copy from the browser is 10x more intuitive and quicker than opera mini

800x440 compared to 480x360. it renders so much cleaner.

I used opera mini for eight months on the storm, it doesn't come close to the incredible for browsing.

opera mini was also very buggy with certain websites up until recent versions. I had to keep bolt, opera mini, and default browser on the storm just to be sure I could use every website I visited.
    Last edited by l.a.rossmann; 06-11-10 at 11:32 AM.
    06-11-10 11:30 AM

When I'm bored, I like to stop by every now and then to see who else is pissed of with the Storm and those still "fighting the good fight". Thanks for wondering though .
    06-11-10 04:33 PM

$Matt
    They are great. Everyone else has moved on to the Droids of the world and they are still holding out. It is very entertaining. Gotta give them some credit, they are faithful.
    06-11-10 04:36 PM
    I love that you and the kzbht guy are literally the ONLY storm 9530 supporters left on CrackBerry, a blackberry site with 10,000 logged on at a time.. ahah

$Matt
    I'm still here. I just don't post the same things over and over again like some autistic savant.
    06-12-10 03:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD