Hi All

Can anyone tell me if there are any issues regarding the Blackberry 9700 and the AppleMac system (Snow Leopard 10-6)?.

I know the iphone is the most suitable for my system but i do feel i would like to go with the 9700.

Thanks in advance
    06-09-10 02:19 PM
    None that I know of, care to explain what issues you are seeing? The only issues you'll really have is that Desktop manager on Mac is not really as robust as it is on PC.
    06-09-10 02:46 PM
    Hi
    Just thinking of the syncing and getting contacts out of the mac.

HTC Sync is not compatible with the Mac and a programme called "missing sync" is about �30.00.

This is to get ringtones onto the 9700 etc.
    06-09-10 03:44 PM
    No issues with mac. The only thing I can think of is thay you can't sync with bluetooth. I synch my 9700 with entourage not missing sync though
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

06-09-10 04:27 PM
    Started using missing sync with my storm and iMac. Then when Rim brought out the desktop manager for mac switched to using that. Now have a 9700 works fine with my iMac. I sync my contacts using the gmail contacts so any changes i make to contacts on my 9700 are transferred to my online gmail contacts and then my address book on my iMac. So in a couple of words 9700 and mac=ok
    06-10-10 02:20 AM
    I use dm to sync my bb and mac, and have only run into a couple of issues with two different issues, that were a simple fix. So all in all I have had no issues syncing bb with mac (calendar and contacts, etc). You should check out the mac users forum too.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f62/
    Last edited by swimmingash; 06-10-10 at 03:51 PM.
    06-10-10 03:44 PM
    Wait, can you upgrade OS's with a Mac? (Don't mean to steal the thread, btw)

06-10-10 06:58 PM
    Wait, can you upgrade OS's with a Mac? (Don't mean to steal the thread, btw)

Yes, the current (and I think the previous) versions of DM will allow you to check for and install OS upgrades.
    06-10-10 11:39 PM
    I have 2 issues, one minor, one not so much.

1. Adding calendar events to the 9700 does not make them show in iCal until there is a change in one of the pre-existing iCal events, or a new one is added. For example, if I add "dinner with Fran" to my phone, it will be on the 9700 but will not show up in iCal until I add some other event to iCal or change the time of an existing event, then re-sync. I think this is an OSX issue, actually, from my time trying to solve it. But I don't hear others having this problem so you probably won't either.

2. Adding contacts to the 9700 usually causes sync errors. Nothing is lost but I have to add the contact to my Mac address book to sync it back to the phone, and if you don't remember to delete the original you end up with duplicates. It basically makes adding contacts to the phone useless unless it is a temporary holding space until you get to a desktop/laptop.

Those are my only issues.
    06-19-10 01:57 PM
    I have 2 issues, one minor, one not so much.

1. Adding calendar events to the 9700 does not make them show in iCal until there is a change in one of the pre-existing iCal events, or a new one is added. For example, if I add "dinner with Fran" to my phone, it will be on the 9700 but will not show up in iCal until I add some other event to iCal or change the time of an existing event, then re-sync. I think this is an OSX issue, actually, from my time trying to solve it. But I don't hear others having this problem so you probably won't either.

2. Adding contacts to the 9700 usually causes sync errors. Nothing is lost but I have to add the contact to my Mac address book to sync it back to the phone, and if you don't remember to delete the original you end up with duplicates. It basically makes adding contacts to the phone useless unless it is a temporary holding space until you get to a desktop/laptop.

Those are my only issues.
    1. Have you created a separated calendar for your syncing. I have a calendar labeled "sync" and all appointments, etc are added to that calendar. (I have holiday, and religious calendars also). The items that you add on either device will only show up when you do a sync. And make sure that you have two-way sync selected.

2. Once again with your contacts, make sure you have two way sync enabled. Or you can try what's was suggested earlier, by syncing with google contacts.

06-20-10 09:07 PM
    Anyone here using bluetooth to sync?
    07-28-10 09:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD