I haven't found a forum on this for the Tour yet...

I have noticed this multiple times now that random contacts are missing from my address book. Today I got a call from my mother and her contact info was gone as well! I haven't installed any new apps and I haven't gone through and wiped out any of my other old contacts.

I am running .591 and I know that's an oops. Good thing for Verizon's backup assistant! I was able to get the numbers back online.

Just thought I would share!
    06-09-10 12:10 PM
    I'm having the same problem. Funny, it deleted both my mother and father. Not entirely sure who else it deleted =/ And I just got my tour yesterday..
    06-09-10 10:19 PM
    My parents might have been gone for a while because I just look at their numbers when they call but the only reason I noticed it was because I am planning a camping trip and half the people I was inviting were gone! I had to get online to get their numbers from verizon! I looked and 60 other contacts are gone and I won't know who they are until I try and get ahold of them! I know 60 are gone because I looked at the database memory and I knew how many were on there when I set up backup assistant.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-09-10 10:24 PM
    Ah, and I do see that I have MANY duplicate contacts. But I know this is a known issue...
    06-10-10 09:01 AM
    do you guys do a google sync for contacts. I dont use it, but had in the past and between dups, deletes etc...I couldnt take it. I just use it on the phone, and back up with the regular back up on DM....no problemo since then. Might not be google, but It was constant until i stopped using it.
    06-10-10 09:08 AM
    I have same problems....some contacts gone fully, some contacts just the phone numbers are missing it is driving me nuts. I tried to reload the backed up contacts from my DM and I got error message, something about quickpull..

anyone have any idea wth is going on?
    06-10-10 11:54 AM
    If you use Google Sync and BIS sync w\ your Gmail it can create problems. I am sure to uncheck it under BIS options.
    06-10-10 12:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD