4.2 is released for BB. Free turn by turn voice guided directions and voice searching? Anyone download and try this out yet?
    06-09-10 10:52 AM
    I have been using it for a week or so. Mostly it was aesthetic changes. They did add the ability to text or email points on the map.

Voice search is available but no turn by turn and no way to edit titles on place marks or stars

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by oneshortsleeve; 06-09-10 at 11:04 AM.
    06-09-10 11:01 AM
    4.2 is released for BB. Free turn by turn voice guided directions and voice searching? Anyone download and try this out yet?

If there are free turn by turn voice directions in 4.2, I must have missed them. I've had it on my phone for a couple of weeks.
    06-09-10 11:02 AM
    OK maybe not available for BB yet.

Did you see the video of it running on the 'Droid'? Sick stuff! Exceptionally high level of functionality.

And sad, that even on BB OS6, the BB Maps program is stuck at 5.0 - which is essentially the same as it was in 4.7, 4.6, 4.2 .....
    06-09-10 11:16 AM
    Isn't this the same release of Google Maps that has a huge memory leak?
    06-09-10 11:26 AM
    Isn't this the same release of Google Maps that has a huge memory leak?
    no memory leak with my google maps
    06-09-10 11:47 AM
    What does this have to do with blackberry news and rumors??

This has been released for a week or two now... And there is a forum for 3rd party apps, which also has a thread on google 4.2.
    06-09-10 12:10 PM
    What does this have to do with blackberry news and rumors??

This has been released for a week or two now... And there is a forum for 3rd party apps, which also has a thread on google 4.2.
    I think the OP got his news mixed up with the announcement that Android got updated with navigation for Europe & Canada
    06-09-10 12:17 PM
    I think the OP got his news mixed up with the announcement that Android got updated with navigation for Europe & Canada

Yeah - sorry bout that. Post I saw was worded poorly and seemed to indicate th BBs would get Maps Navigation. That is not the case. And although it would also fit nicely with 3rd party apps - it would also fit with news and rumors (sort of).

In either case, for those who want to view this as news, look at it this way - (Read as Ron Burgundy, "In further Blackberry news today, the BB Maps application continues to fall well behind its industry competitors."
    06-09-10 02:25 PM
    Yeah - sorry bout that. Post I saw was worded poorly and seemed to indicate th BBs would get Maps Navigation. That is not the case. And although it would also fit nicely with 3rd party apps - it would also fit with news and rumors (sort of).

In either case, for those who want to view this as news, look at it this way - (Read as Ron Burgundy, "In further Blackberry news today, the BB Maps application continues to fall well behind its industry competitors."
    Falls behind? It does exactly what I need to do. You will not find free turn by turn on the Verizon Storm for a while if every. You pay for the navigation app on the Driod as part of the price of the phone, nothing is free.
    06-10-10 09:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD