According to the VZW website - 'skype to skype' calls are 'free' and billing details will be available on skype acct (link below) - I assumed this meant that 'skype to skype' was routed through the VZW data plans.

Answers to FAQs

However, I was told by another customer on the verizon network (when I was inquiring about the benefits / costs / etc. of using Skype on VZW), that she did, in fact, see her 'Skype to Skype' calls on her verizon bill (she didn't incur charges as she was within her allowed minutes).

So - I'm curious ... does anyone know what the real deal is? I'm often near my minute limit, and don't want to exceed that and then get charged for 'skype to skype' calls - as, now - after her claim - I fear could happen... Will it show the 'skype to skype' calls on VZW, but not bill for them (even though minutes may be in excess of plan allowances)? I'm confused - as the link above says that 'skype to skype' is only detailed on the users' skype accounts anyway ....

Thanks!!
    06-09-10 01:23 AM
    *Skype to Skype-is Unlimited but will show on the bill.
    *Skype to LL or Mobile-will use your peak minutes, so if you go over you will be billed your overage amount.
    06-09-10 01:34 AM
    Excellent - thanks for your response! The comment in the VZW link is what threw me and made me wonder - since it seemed to imply (or actually said directly) that call details for only skype to LL or Mobile are shown on VZW bill (and, skype to skype are on the skype accounts) ... so, the fact that she saw skype to skype under the call details had me worried!

Thanks!!
    06-09-10 01:37 AM
    Between a friend and myself I have had pretty much the same feels about the Skype thing has you have had over the past week or so.... Pretty much, what's free and what isn't.

I can tell you that over the past couple of days I have used Skype to talk to both my sister in Japan [her calling me from computer to my phone] and to my friends out of state [again over computer to my phone]. On my bill online the number/details show up blank, but the talk time is there. So far it hasn't counted against my monthly minutes. At the time I was 320 out of 450 and between the 3 of them talked for over 200 minutes. I am still around 320ish minutes.

So, in hopes of answering your question, as of now my Skype-to-Skype calls are not counting against my minutes and as far as I know I am not getting charged for them.

When I was trying to answer my own questions I found a nice little chart that made the details of what you will and won't be charged for much clearer. If I can find it again I'll post it for you.
    06-09-10 01:45 AM
    Between a friend and myself I have had pretty much the same feels about the Skype thing has you have had over the past week or so.... Pretty much, what's free and what isn't.

I can tell you that over the past couple of days I have used Skype to talk to both my sister in Japan [her calling me from computer to my phone] and to my friends out of state [again over computer to my phone]. On my bill online the number/details show up blank, but the talk time is there. So far it hasn't counted against my monthly minutes. At the time I was 320 out of 450 and between the 3 of them talked for over 200 minutes. I am still around 320ish minutes.

So, in hopes of answering your question, as of now my Skype-to-Skype calls are not counting against my minutes and as far as I know I am not getting charged for them.

When I was trying to answer my own questions I found a nice little chart that made the details of what you will and won't be charged for much clearer. If I can find it again I'll post it for you.

Thanks! Perhaps it is the grid that is at the link I attached in my original post? The grid made it seem cut and dry - but (and perhaps I just 'assumed' too much - you know how that goes) - seemed to conflict with what I was told ...

Thanks, again!!
    06-09-10 02:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD