I was searching through the forums and couldn't really find a straight foward answer. I was wondering if with the Bold 9650 new processor being that of the 9700, is it now OpenGL compliant or still no. Im not an app guy but if they were able to make some killer apps i might have to use up some of the 512mb for apps. Thank you for input
    06-09-10 01:12 AM
    the 9650 and 9700 do not have the same processor.

the 9650's is openGL compatible. the 9700's is not.
    06-09-10 01:18 AM
    It has the same one from the tour i thought they changed it?

thanks for that info..I'm shocked on that
    06-09-10 01:19 AM
    Yes, the Bold 9650 has open GL. Bold 9700 bold Does Not have open GL

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-09-10 05:18 AM
    It has the same one from the tour i thought they changed it?

thanks for that info..I'm shocked on that
    lol dont be ....thats what makes the claims that the tour 2 is the best BB ever so funny
    slap a new paint job on a pinto...add a new steering wheel and a bigger gas tank and call it "refreshed" bestest car ever
    06-09-10 09:24 AM
    lol dont be ....thats what makes the claims that the tour 2 is the best BB ever so funny
    slap a new paint job on a pinto...add a new steering wheel and a bigger gas tank and call it "refreshed" bestest car ever
    In all honesty, they are not calling the 9650 "Bold" a refreshed 9630 "Tour", thus the name change.

They have more or less threw the body of the "Pinto" (however I happen to like this devices styling), if you would, on this device, beefed it up beyond all other released devices and moved it into a new product family by name.

At this time there is not more powerful BlackBerry device on the market.

I'm just sayin'...
    06-09-10 11:27 PM
    I thought the 9650 shared processors with the OpenGL capable Storm2, just like the 9630 and S1 share processors.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-10-10 12:19 AM
    In all honesty, they are not calling the 9650 "Bold" a refreshed 9630 "Tour", thus the name change.

They have more or less threw the body of the "Pinto" (however I happen to like this devices styling), if you would, on this device, beefed it up beyond all other released devices and moved it into a new product family by name.

At this time there is not more powerful BlackBerry device on the market.

I'm just sayin'...
    is that so? powerful meaning what? it has the most memory what makes that the most powerful?
    the 9700 has the most power...your best bet is just saying the 9650 has the most memory in a Blackberry device
    06-13-10 11:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD