Okay, I've been searching these forums all weekend long, and I've sucessfully fixed part of my problem, but not my original problem. I have the 9530 storm and I'm using it on Tmobile. I have been using this phone since Dec with very few issues. All of a sudden this weekend my connection switches to edge, and will NOT go back to EDGE. I've used crackutil and redid my service books, I've changed my TCP/IP settings, and I've pulled my battery around about a thousand times. I've got a blackberry data plan, as recently confirmed with Tmobile, and short of changing my OS, I don't know what to do! I'm obviously addicted to this phone and I'm extremely frustrated here. Sorry if the answer to my question has already been answered, but I've looked, and I just can't figure it out. Some specs from my phone to make it easier with help :

Platform : 4.2.0.128
    Crytpgraphic Kernel v3.8.5.85

As you can tell I'm not super tech savy, just very anxious to get my phone working again. Thanks in advance
    06-08-10 09:24 PM
    I'm not on T-Mo but it seems like it is something on thier end not yours. There is a thread that stated that the problems started around Friday or so...the thread is on the front page on the forum for storm 9530...however there are no posted solutions just a whole bunch of people saying that their data and email is no longer working and they all have edge instead of EDGE. therefore, it is nothing you can do anyways, you have to wait for the techs a T-mo to figure out how to fix the problem....but hopefully they pro rate you for time down...
    06-08-10 10:36 PM
    Yeah, I just read through that thread. Ugh, frustrating as this is, at least I know it's not just me, and it's nothing I did. Still sad about not having my phone though.
    06-08-10 11:35 PM
    Yet another reason why RIM's Blackberry sucks. The handset depends upon Service Books to function, something that's unique to each carrier due to the models they resell.
    06-09-10 08:28 AM
    go to android you will be alot happier

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-10-10 07:21 AM
    Try setting your APN to blackberry.net. Worked for me until my phone stopped goofing off.
    06-10-10 01:47 PM
    Agree go Android. I use my 9530 to keep the couch level. Never needs a battery pull doing that.
    06-10-10 02:57 PM
    trolls suck
    06-10-10 08:51 PM
    Okay, I've been searching these forums all weekend long, and I've sucessfully fixed part of my problem, but not my original problem. I have the 9530 storm and I'm using it on Tmobile. I have been using this phone since Dec with very few issues. All of a sudden this weekend my connection switches to edge, and will NOT go back to EDGE. I've used crackutil and redid my service books, I've changed my TCP/IP settings, and I've pulled my battery around about a thousand times. I've got a blackberry data plan, as recently confirmed with Tmobile, and short of changing my OS, I don't know what to do! I'm obviously addicted to this phone and I'm extremely frustrated here. Sorry if the answer to my question has already been answered, but I've looked, and I just can't figure it out. Some specs from my phone to make it easier with help :

Platform : 4.2.0.128
    Crytpgraphic Kernel v3.8.5.85

As you can tell I'm not super tech savy, just very anxious to get my phone working again. Thanks in advance
    I had the same issue on the 5.0.0.328 build... I read in a different blackberry forum that it had something to do with the radio and thats why it had trouble keeping a steady EDGE. Anyways, I ended up downloading the 5.0.0.591 build and putting my APN as wap.voicestream.com. So far I've had a steady EDGE to do my e-mail, BBM, and e-mail... it doesn't get knocked out so often if at all. I don't know if this will help you but I hope that it does!
    06-11-10 09:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD