I have the BOLD 9650 ... I went into profiles and set the "NORMAL" one with a sms ringtone. my ques is it isnt ringing the song i chose when ppl text me. i thought it was kind of a blanket tone that would ring for ALL incoming SMS messages.. however when i went to a specific person in the contact list and set it as their msg alert it is playing the song...so whats the point in setting it in the "NORMAL" profile if it doesnt ring for everyone??

thanks!
    Last edited by KidBerry; 06-08-10 at 07:54 PM.
    06-08-10 07:52 PM
    i'm having the same problem with texts. doesn't play the sound it's set for but plays some other sound instead. i asked this a few days ago and got 1 reply where someone just told me that's just what all blackberrys do. they said they had like 4 blackberrys that all did it. i had my 8330 for 2 years and it always worked perfectly.
    06-08-10 10:27 PM
    yeah my 8330 worked fine with the setting too! argh!!
    06-09-10 04:56 PM
    My storm and other devices worked fine but this one doesn't for the contact texts. Any help would be appreciated

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-07-10 09:30 PM
    If you don't have your contacts' numbers entered as 10 contiguous digits, the SMS ringtones act funky. Make sure you remove all dashes, spaces and parentheses.
    07-07-10 11:29 PM
    Thank you RegE - I did that and it seems to be working now
    07-08-10 10:12 AM
    Thank you RegE - I did that and it seems to be working now
    You're very welcome! Glad to be able to help! BTW, welcome to CB!
    07-08-10 10:24 AM
    I'm having this same issue for BBMs and SMS messages. Sometimes it doesn't make any sound at all, other times it makes different sounds other than what its programmed for. My contacts all have their numbers entered contiguously.

I don't think it's just a BB thing as my 9000 didn't have this issue.
    07-12-10 08:58 AM
    The only time that I have a different ringer sound for emails, sms, or bbm's, is when my Bold is connected to my computer via USB and is connected to Desktop Manager. Otherwise, all of my ringtones that I've set up for email, sms, and bbm's work perfectly.
    07-12-10 09:36 AM
    Well I just did a battery pull so we'll see how that goes. Of course my phone is on silent at work so I'll have to wait until I'm home.
    07-12-10 10:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD