Been on Android for about a month now and miss the delivery and read notification of BBM. Started using Gtalk when I switched, but couldn't deal with not knowing whether the message I sent was read or not.

Do any of the IM clients have that functionality? What are you guys using? Maybe I should just stick with texting...at least with texting I can get a delivery report (but not sure if that is only good for texts sent to others on my same carrier, Verizon).
    06-08-10 07:36 PM
    Gtalk is what I'll be using.
    06-08-10 08:26 PM
    Nothing else does as of now. Any IM client is fine with me.
    06-08-10 08:55 PM
    Search for cnectd.. Its multiplatform.. ( Iphone, BB and android) and you still have your D and R notifications..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-08-10 10:58 PM
    Im happy with google talk, my wife and I used to communicate heavily through out the day on BBM, when I got my EVO we started using google
    06-09-10 05:53 PM
    Granted, im and text don't "feel" the same coming from bbm although they do invariably serve the same purpose.

06-09-10 07:13 PM
    Granted, im and text don't "feel" the same coming from bbm although they do invariably serve the same purpose.

Very true. Also, it was cool to know the message was read, but its also a bit stalkerish that people monitor it. Sometimes I read and respond hours later if I am busy. Could just be me.
    06-09-10 07:15 PM
    Very true. Also, it was cool to know the message was read, but its also a bit stalkerish that people monitor it. Sometimes I read and respond hours later if I am busy. Could just be me.
    Ahahaha! And you're right about the D/R. I feel the same way. I treat bbm like my text messages. Sometimes I'm either busy or half asleep, which means I'll read it and reply HOURS later. Darn PING messages get hella annoying afterr they see I've read the message smh.

06-09-10 07:24 PM
    I am the worst at waking up, reading my messages then falling back asleep. Sometimes I dont realize til like WAY later that I did it and go back and see the messages that are all read and im like ohwellz
    06-09-10 07:30 PM
    I love the D/R. I also live the ability to send a really long messages without being handcuffed at 160 characters. BBM is also great with its integration of picture/video/voice message sending. No matter what anyone says, BBM is in thing that RIM still has over other platforms, for now. I'll have to look at "cnected" as someone here suggested as a BBM substitute if I switch.

06-09-10 10:33 PM
    I have tried the Cnecd client and it seemed pretty buggy. Has anyone been able to test out LuciD messenger? The only problem I see there is that their BlackBerry version is still "awaiting approval" in AppWorld....
    06-10-10 12:58 AM
    BBM is a great platform but as people switch out of blackberry i had come to see i was using it less and less everytime. I went from constant coversations with 19 contacts down to 3, two of those being my parents

Text message still is the best way i think, most people have unlimited plans. I dont think there is a great cross-device platform yet that competes with BBM but with time there will be.
    06-10-10 10:54 AM
    I don't ever use read receipts ... but I do love BBM.
    06-10-10 11:33 AM
    the only 2 things I miss about my BB is BBM and the physical keyboard. I use gtalk now and text. I didn't realize how much I text now since I can't use BBM any longer.
    06-10-10 12:33 PM
    pMessenger is out for blackberry androids and iphones now, so if u can get them to download it, thats ur best bet, but the blackberry version is UGLY (for now im guessing) its just a white screen and a list of names. kinda like bbm before 5.0. no icons, no background customization like u can on droids and iphones/touch. but its free so cant go wrong with that. oh and also the bb version uses their bbm pin# thought that was kinda cool when i seen it.
    06-11-10 04:48 AM
    Cnectd is very good but on BB the UI is a bit 1990's but on there @Cnectd twitter page they said the BB version will be updated by today... im still waiting for this update!! Ones the UI and the bugs are ironed out in the BB version it will be great
    06-11-10 05:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD