If any of you don't really like the stock keyboard, I have to say that Smart
    Keyboard Pro is pretty good. Customization is great. Being able to edit your
    dictionary as you please is good too. And it actually has AutoText as well.
    It pretty much emulates the iPhone keyboard which was good for me since I
    was so used to it. I'm much more happier with it.

So if anyone is looking for a keyboard replacement, this is one I recommend.
    I'd get the free version of it from the Android Market first. The Pro version
    which is about $2.39 adds most of the better features. Free version is best
    so you can try out the keyboard at least.
    06-08-10 01:15 PM
    Someone made a comment on it being "laggy" in the app comments section. How is lag (if any) for you Mike?
    06-08-10 02:04 PM
    Only have had it for a few hours. It's worked pretty good so far. I'll keep you guys
    posted on it as the days pass. Haven't really had much lag.
    06-08-10 02:57 PM
    Recommend swype, very easy to use and fast, little time to get use to
    06-08-10 10:17 PM
    Is swype similar to the one OP posted? Is it free / have free version?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-09-10 05:11 AM
    its in beta, picked up from xda forums
    06-09-10 09:14 AM
    Android need to improve the keyboard.

I hope the 3rd party keyboard have multi language word list.
    so non english user can type faster too.
    06-09-10 12:12 PM
    I got Swype also. Just having a real hard time adjusting to it.
    06-09-10 12:24 PM
    Wow
    Swype | Text Input for Screens

Get Swype for Android right now
    http://www.androidcentral.com/tags/swype

the T9 developer
    and got $1 Milliion funding from docomo

I hope they also work great for other language/ Non English
    06-09-10 12:38 PM
    I'm really diggin' "Better Keyboard" on my Evo. No lag whatsoever, has a crapload of settings and there's a ton of skins to choose from.
    06-09-10 12:48 PM
    Swype all the way here. Can't use any other keyboard now after getting used to it.
    06-09-10 12:54 PM
    I'm really diggin' "Better Keyboard" on my Evo. No lag whatsoever, has a crapload of settings and there's a ton of skins to choose from.
    i had better keyboard on my moto droid and thought it was a very good keyboard replacement with lots of options.
    06-09-10 12:59 PM
    I just got it right now. Seems to work pretty good so far. I'm liking it.
    06-09-10 01:12 PM
    I bought Smart Keyboard Pro...I like it, but it is laggy...I tested it by typing the word BROWN continuously on that SKP, and then type it continuosly with the HTC touch keyboard, and the SKP missed the word so many times as I was typing faster and faster on it...whereas, I would miss it only a few times on HTC KB...
    06-09-10 01:22 PM
    The jonasl mod of HTC IME from XDA is the best keyboard IMO. It's free, allows you to backup all settings and custom dictionary entries to your SD card (so handy) and offers TONS of settings and options. No lag at all on my N1.
    06-09-10 01:24 PM
    I bought Smart Keyboard Pro...I like it, but it is laggy...I tested it by typing the word BROWN continuously on that SKP, and then type it continuosly with the HTC touch keyboard, and the SKP missed the word so many times as I was typing faster and faster on it...whereas, I would miss it only a few times on HTC KB...
    Now that I'm using better keyboard I'm realizing the lag smart keyboard has.
    06-09-10 01:28 PM
    OK yeah, I don't like the Smart Keyboard Pro anymore...I switched back to the HTC Touch keyboard, and noticed a huge difference in my typing between that HTC and SKP
    06-09-10 01:29 PM
    what's the difference between the paid version and free version of better keyboard?
    06-09-10 01:32 PM
    OMG, it's lagging so bad and missing my inputs...HOLY CRAP, I HATE THE SKP...that's it...
    06-09-10 01:33 PM
    I have the free version and find no lag at all, it's such an improvement over the stock keyboard. So is it the free one or paid one that you guys are getting lag on. I'm very happy with it.
    06-09-10 02:29 PM
    I have no lag at all with Better Keyboard. I'm using full version BTW.
    06-09-10 03:15 PM
    Ok...I just purchased Better Keyboard and I'm sorry to say, so far the lagging is worse on BK than SKP. U cannot type fast on BK. I'm gonna see if there are tweeks or custom settings.

Edit: BK lags so bad that whrn I typed fast, it can't compute fast enuf that it thinks that I'm trying to perform sliding gestures so it keeps changing to the compact keyboard on me.

OMG it took my 5 minutes to type this out on BK cuz u can only type at most 2 letters per second. DO NOT BUY BETTER KEYBOARD. If u want to, then get the Smart Keyboard Pro.
    Last edited by MeetJoeAsian; 06-09-10 at 08:09 PM.
    06-09-10 07:55 PM
    Using any keyboard to type something from a forum such as this one all lag.
    06-09-10 08:46 PM
    i recommend THICK BUTTONS its free in the app-market. very accurate. i was having a hard time with the stock kbd on the slide because of my nails but this kbd did the trick. if it had a price id buy it
    06-11-10 05:21 AM
    Haven't tried Thick Buttons, having said that i like better keyboard over smart keyboard.
    06-11-10 09:08 AM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD