Currently, I have the 5GB Unlimited Data Plan for my BlackBerry Bold 9700. This is not expensive to me at all. I have it and I utilize quite a bit of it at times.

Say a BlackBerry Bold 10000 (lol, any new model of blackberry) comes out. If I switched, would I be able to keep my 5GB plan? Or will they throw me into the 2gb tier?

:X
    06-08-10 10:54 AM
    You should be able to keep it on as a grandfathered plan. Typically, the only way they can get you off of that plan is if you change it, then you're stuck because you'd never be able to get it back.
    06-08-10 11:11 AM
    Upgrading from one BB to another does not require a data plan change, since the same data features work across ALL BlackBerry phones.

On my AT&T account, I'm still allowed to choose between various unlimited data features (with or without tethering, enterprise or personal), but I also have to option to change to the limited features. I'm tempted, since I barely use cellular data.... but... Who knows. If I decide to get a 3G or LTE BB in a couple years, I may have need of practically unlimited data.
    06-08-10 02:27 PM
    Thanks for all the prompt responses. One more clarification.

Say I wanted to switch to the: Dell Streak

Popped my sim card in,

I'd assume they would want me to put a different data plan on than blackberry of course. I would then be stuck with a 2gb one.

If thats the case, i'll stick with blackberry till I die

I've at times consumed almost all of the 5gb limit on the "unlimited" haha

Thanks,

Jim
    06-10-10 11:04 AM
    No. If you go from smartphone to smartphone you are able to keep an unlimited plan whether it's blackberry, iPhone or Android.
    06-10-10 04:48 PM
    No. If you go from smartphone to smartphone you are able to keep an unlimited plan whether it's blackberry, iPhone or Android.
    No. Blackberry plans, at least on AT&T, are Blackberry specific. You cannot get a 'generic' data plan for a Blackberry or and iPhone. So yes, technically, changing from a Blackberry to another device axes your unlimited plan.
    06-11-10 08:29 PM
    No. Blackberry plans, at least on AT&T, are Blackberry specific. You cannot get a 'generic' data plan for a Blackberry or and iPhone. So yes, technically, changing from a Blackberry to another device axes your unlimited plan.
    Unless you keep the BlackBerry plan and use it for BlackBerry, iPhone and Android devices.
    06-11-10 09:43 PM
    My understanding is that you can switch from unlimited to unlimited with no problem, the only thing is if you move out of unlimited, you can't go back...
    06-12-10 02:22 AM
    so they cant ever take it away as long as im on my blackberry?
    06-12-10 05:20 AM
    How does an unlimited plan have a 5gb limit? Too bad Tmo and Verizon is bad, otherwise, adios ATT.
    06-12-10 12:59 PM
    How does an unlimited plan have a 5gb limit? Too bad Tmo and Verizon is bad, otherwise, adios ATT.
    Ive said the same thing lol
    06-12-10 01:02 PM
    This is being hashed out here:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f99/non...crewed-481781/

Looks like you CAN keep your unlimited data plan even if switching between platforms.
    06-12-10 03:48 PM
    Thank god for small favors.
    06-13-10 08:53 AM
    Yeah be careful. Once you change, the unlimited is gone.
    06-20-10 05:21 PM
    AT&T's answer to the cheaper data plans is: Stopping by your favorate Wi-Fi spot and sucking the life out of it. Wait until the internet service provider figures this out. Another fee or better yet no Wi-Fi. Seems to me that AT&T failed to foresee the data requirments for it's data phones and now has a cheesy answer to the problem. Want data get it from someone else. I use Wi-Fi at home. I'm not a data hound. If my home provider goes to a bandwidth meter for usage you can bet I'll cut that off right at the knee caps. Work is not that bad, but what about what I send and receive are they able to see what I'm doing also? 200MB or 2 GB in the scheme of things is not that much. If your using just emails and prey they hhave no attachments you might have something. I'll keep my "unlimited" 30.00 plan and plan to use it accordlingly!
    06-21-10 03:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD