Guys,My wife has a s2 on vodafone and i am trying to upgrade it which i have done in the past with vodafone os releases.
    I am trying to load the latest from another carrier but the dm or app loader does not give the option to upgrade.App loader just lists her 3rd party apps and no core applications list to load and dm doesnt find it,and says no upgrade necessary,

yes i am not connected to the internet,
    yes it is the only os on the pc,have checked in programs and deleted any others and emptyied the recycling bin also.
    yes i have installed the os and deleted the vendor file in app loader,
    yes it is her pin the dm and app loader is finding,

Anything else,i have done loads of upgrades on curves, bolds,s1,flips etc but never come across 1 that was never found,

Cheers Highlander
    06-08-10 09:02 AM
    Guys,My wife has a s2 on vodafone and i am trying to upgrade it which i have done in the past with vodafone os releases.
    I am trying to load the latest from another carrier but the dm or app loader does not give the option to upgrade.App loader just lists her 3rd party apps and no core applications list to load and dm doesnt find it,and says no upgrade necessary,

yes i am not connected to the internet,
    yes it is the only os on the pc,have checked in programs and deleted any others and emptyied the recycling bin also.
    yes i have installed the os and deleted the vendor file in app loader,
    yes it is her pin the dm and app loader is finding,

Anything else,i have done loads of upgrades on curves, bolds,s1,flips etc but never come across 1 that was never found,

Cheers Highlander
    If it's from another carrier, make sure you delete all vendor.xml's, do a search sometimes there is more than one, don't ask me why. Also, do the delete it/them before you start DM or the apploader.
    Last edited by dkingsf; 06-08-10 at 01:11 PM.
    06-08-10 01:08 PM
    If it's from another carrier, make sure you delete all vendor.xml's, do a search sometimes there is more than one, don't ask me why. Also, do the delete it/them before you start DM or the apploader.

Yes, do an advanced search. You may have a "ghost" vendor.xml file.

Also, are you running Vista? If so, right click and choose run as admin.
    06-08-10 04:33 PM
    Did advanced search no other vendor files.

Its got me stumped
    06-09-10 07:54 AM
    you could wipe the device it always helped me when i had trouble
    06-09-10 08:04 AM
    Hi it sounds like OS you are trying to load is a non DRM version and it will not load on a Vodafone storm. I had the same problem myself. Certain OS's we can not use because of this issue.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-09-10 08:10 AM
    Daisey chained if i use the DRM version will it work??.

Anybody know this one??
    06-09-10 08:20 AM
    Hello Highlander, all Vodafone S2s are DRM versions so you can only install DRM OS and the latest one is available from Blackberry's official website. Here are the details:
    Package Version: 5.0.0.1020
    Consisting of:

* Applications: 5.0.0.607
    * Software Platform: 4.2.0.275
    * File name: 9520M_PBr5.0.0_rel1020_PL4.2.0.275_A5.0.0.607_Voda fone_Italy.exe
    * File size: 134.68MB

Download file here: https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...855005BB8B67BF
    06-09-10 08:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD