They get stable blackberries LAST.
    They get the newest technologies LAST.

It's not even funny.
    And when a new one comes out they act like it's the end of the world when you want an early upgrade.

anyway... Bold 9650 or Incredible?!?!
    06-08-10 07:51 AM
    They get stable blackberries LAST.
    They get the newest technologies LAST.

It's not even funny.
    And when a new one comes out they act like it's the end of the world when you want an early upgrade.

anyway... Bold 9650 or Incredible?!?!
    What are you wanting your phone to do? Do you want a large screen for web browsing and videos? Do you do alot more messaging than web browsing?
    06-08-10 07:56 AM
    Because it's Verizon.
    06-08-10 08:10 AM
    What are you wanting your phone to do? Do you want a large screen for web browsing and videos? Do you do alot more messaging than web browsing?
    -Texts
    -browsing
    -not a lot of videos
    -facebook (I liked how I got my facebook emails to my phone on my old blackberry)

btw, I have a palm centro and I hate it with a passion.
    06-08-10 08:11 AM
    Because it's Verizon.
    Verizon effing sucks.
    06-08-10 08:17 AM
    -Texts
    -browsing
    -not a lot of videos
    -facebook (I liked how I got my facebook emails to my phone on my old blackberry)

btw, I have a palm centro and I hate it with a passion.
    I'd suggest going with the Bold 9650 then. The web browser isn't the best, but it will get better with the release of BlackBerry 6 and the webkit browser.
    If you liked how you got the facebook e-mails on your BB, you'll probably really enjoy using the Facebook app. It takes those e-mails and automatically applies them into the app where you can view, comment, post all from the application. It's pretty slick.
    06-08-10 08:20 AM
    1) Why do you hate Verizon and still have them?
    2) I would suggest the 9650 just because it will be upgradable to webkit come later in the year.
    06-08-10 11:35 AM
    To me, having a strong data connection where ever I go is much more important than the phone. Without the data access, what good is the phone? That alone, is a good enough reason to love verizon. If you get good coverage in your area from another carrier, switch, and stop hating who you have. As to the phones, there will always be phones that have cool features that other phones don't. You just have to decide what's important to you and stop whining about the things that your device doesn't have. Go play with the 2 that you mentioned and get the one you like the best. They are all good.
    06-08-10 12:05 PM
    Shall we move this bad boy to the Verizon Forum?
    06-08-10 01:10 PM
    Verizon still being with their cdma network has to wait for new phones that support their network and I believe what delays it also is the fact that they probably do test the phones out on the network before release.

Their hands are tied to the manufactures.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-08-10 01:16 PM
    I do not even have VZW, and I do not think there is anything wrong with their phone selection.

What is wrong with the 9650 or Incredible? Those are not outdated at all.
    06-08-10 01:22 PM
    People are impatient consumerists. All carriers make extensive tests of devices before allowing them to be used... on their... network.... hahaha, sorry. Look, don't buy an LG phone or an iPhone.

Anyway, be patient, or go with AT&T or T-Mobile, so you don't have to deal with ESN nonsense when you buy an unbranded BB just to stay ahead of the curve. So to speak.
    06-08-10 02:30 PM
    I completely agree, the VZW anticipation game is frustrating!!

Personally, i wish theyd just announce their intentions so we can all plan ahead! For example, right now the Shadow is being rumored. If they would just say "Here are the specs, we are hoping it will be available Aug 4" I would be fine with waiting!

But i cannot justify waiting on a rumor of "july or august" which was never confirmed in any way, and will most probably turn into October lol.

Anyhow, both the Bold and the Incredible are amazing phones! Id say the Bold is better for texting, emailing, etc. It can also play music, watch some basic vids ... but dont have your hopes incredibly high with the media player.

The Incredible is much more of a Toy (i say that in a good way) in the sense that theres a bazilion things you can do with it. Configurations, scenes, screens, widgets, apps, etc. The Browsing is better on the bigger screen, as is reading.

If i had my choice, which ironically i do have the same choice right now, im going with the Incredible. The specs are just fantastic, and the user-experience is flawless.
    06-08-10 05:42 PM
    Last to get new technology?

They were, and still are the only network with touch screen Blackberries.

The Tour was the best Blackberry when it was released. The Bold 9650 released on Sprint just a few weeks ago, and hasn't even been released on the major GSM networks (I'm not including the 9700 as it is an inferior phone).

And that's just Blackberries.

They have the best two Windows Mobile phones in the Omnia II and LG Fathom (which happens to have a Snapdragon processor and will upgrade to Windows Phone 7 when it is released).

They are the second network to release the new Palm webOS devices, and they were beefed up considerably from their Sprint versions.

No one has the Kin's. I'm not a fan of them, but they're for a specific demographic.

Android... When the Motorola Droid was released, it was by far the best Android phone out, and same goes for the Droid Incredible (yes I am aware the Evo is the new king for now), and let's not forget the Eris, Devour and LG's first Android released in the US, the Ally. And of course most are aware of a couple new ones in the pipeline.

Last year, Verizon had the "where are all the cool phones?" reputation.... I'm surprised that all the phones Verizon has released still hasn't convinced some that they're getting great devices, and quickly.
    Last edited by R.O.C.; 06-08-10 at 06:11 PM.
    06-08-10 06:06 PM
    I am screwed.

Hate my tour with a passion simply because the 4.7 and 5.0 releases have had what I consider stupid issues!

My wife and I both went into local vzw store and browsed the smartphones and I left worried. I did not care for any of the android devices. The touch screens left me aggravated and I felt they were lacking in the "phone" dept.

In my opinion I like blackberrys because they feel like a phone that can handle other stuff well instead of being a web browser that has a phone function built in somewhere.

I simply love the fact that no matter where I am at in my BB, I can hit the green send button and bring up my ability to make a call!!!!!!! It is after all the main reason I pay for cell service. Take that with the ability to rock out on emails and I am pleased.

I hope the new vzw bold is a much better version of my tour.

The one thing I miss the most is the today theme on my 8330. I have bought a few from the store here and did not really care to much for them, device seemed to run funny with them installed and running.

Good luck, android is the new thing but we quickly decided it was not for us. The incredible had me the most pissed. It was then a toss up between moto droid and htc eris. Like the fact that the eris had dedicated send/end buttons to quickly bring the phone up.
    06-08-10 07:08 PM
    Well, the coverage is good.
    06-08-10 07:22 PM
    I simply love the fact that no matter where I am at in my BB, I can hit the green send button and bring up my ability to make a call!
    Agreed, that was a great perk. With my Droid i just need to hit the Home button, then Phone ... but i do appreciate the green button right there at all times

I hope the new vzw bold is a much better version of my tour.
    Of course it is lol, the Bold, IMHO, is the best BB on the market right now. Its a very good cross between a media phone, and a Blackberry.
    06-08-10 08:02 PM
    You pay for cell service, which includes an extra $29.99 for web and email.

I do like Blackberries, in fact, I have a Bold for my work phone. But they're pretty much inferior in every way to the Android devices, especially the Incredible.

We all have our opinions, but to cripple yourself over just a hardware call button is confusing.
    06-09-10 12:34 AM
    I think I'll go with the incredible, I just want the front facing cam.
    06-09-10 07:12 PM
    You pay for cell service, which includes an extra $29.99 for web and email.

I do like Blackberries, in fact, I have a Bold for my work phone. But they're pretty much inferior in every way to the Android devices, especially the Incredible.

We all have our opinions, but to cripple yourself over just a hardware call button is confusing.

Agreed. For me it is that and the fact that I have to use my phone mostly one handed through out the day. I have a hard time typing on touch screen in normal mode and landscape mode requires 2 hands for me. I keep going into vzw stores and playing with the moto droid,eris, and incredible. I can not seem to get use to them for some reason. I realy am trying to like them after all the OS crap vzw has been releasing on BB.

The last htc I owned was a ppc 6800 and it refused to receive calls for no reason. Also if I was working online it would not receive calls then when it was transmitting data.
    06-10-10 07:10 PM
    I definitely agree that for one handed use, the Blackberry's are much easier to use. I do like the Bold, and appreciate the things that it does well, but I constantly find myself picking up my Incredible for most things...

What I'm hoping, is that OS 6 will push the Blackberry OS into modern times.

I've learned my lesson and won't ever dedicate myself to a specific platform. Coming from the Tour, it took me several weeks to adjust to the Moto Droid. I had to get used to worse keyboard and pretty much abandoned one handed typing entirely. But you're always going to run into similar issues when switching phones, especially across multiple platforms. I usually weigh the pro's and con's, and if I believe there are more benefits with switching, I sacrifice a few things for a better overall experience.
    06-11-10 03:29 AM
    Isn't it obvious? They need time to install all that bloatware on your phone. Asides from that, I would think it's because of CDMA but that doesn't explain why sprint gets their devices so fast. Now they're pushing their upgrade cycle to 24 months, yep sounds just like verizon to screw customers over.
    04-26-13 06:44 PM
    Why are you complaining about not having newest technology phones first, when you are considering a 9650?
    pili4 likes this.
    04-27-13 04:07 PM
    This post is from 2011.

Posted via CB10
    04-28-13 08:19 PM
    Sorry actually it's from 2010

Posted via CB10
    04-28-13 08:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD