Ok guys, just hoping for some input and to see if anyone else is in the same situation. I have the Tour which I have loved since I got it (a few trackball problems but not a big deal). I then got the Droid because my wife kept talking about how much she loved hers. Well I personally hated the feel of that big clunky touchscreen beast. I traded it in on the Incredible as soon as it launched and I have to admit, there are so many things I love about the Incredible. It is super fast, has a great camera, super sexy look, you know, you've seen and heard all of that. What keeps me thinking about my Tour though, is the physical keyboard. Granted, on a good day, I can type just as fast on the Incredible's virtual keyboard as I can the Tour. However, when doing so, I get no enjoyment out of typing an email, or texting, etc. It seems more like a job typing on the virtual compared to the physical keyboard of the Tour. I like the feel of the physical keyboard and actually feel like I am accomplishing something. Yes I have tried the haptic feedback on the Incredible and that does seem to help, but it drains its already weak battery even more.
    Also, when I want to check my messages quick or reply to someone quick, the Tour is so much easier. You can just hit any button, and it be up and running and in the message in a second. The Incredible you have to press the power button, then slide the screen unlock then click on message, etc. As much as the Incredible can do and is so awesome at, I still wonder if I am just a Blackberry guy. Yes I get online and check social sites, and I take pictures and play games. BUT - I text and email much more than I do all of those things. I have found myself switching my service back and forth from my Incredible to my Tour 3-4 different times now. I am starting to feel insane.
    I wish it was easy and these devices did 2 different things I needed like if the Incredible was an Ipod or something. That way it would be obvious I needed the Tour as a phone but still needed the Incredible. However, this isn't the case. It has to be one or the other, and I cannot decide! Anyone else run into this?????
    06-08-10 07:12 AM
    Hahaha, yessss. I have the same dilemma with my 9700 and my Nexus One!
    06-08-10 07:30 AM
    Ok guys, just hoping for some input and to see if anyone else is in the same situation. I have the Tour which I have loved since I got it (a few trackball problems but not a big deal). I then got the Droid because my wife kept talking about how much she loved hers. Well I personally hated the feel of that big clunky touchscreen beast. I traded it in on the Incredible as soon as it launched and I have to admit, there are so many things I love about the Incredible. It is super fast, has a great camera, super sexy look, you know, you've seen and heard all of that. What keeps me thinking about my Tour though, is the physical keyboard. Granted, on a good day, I can type just as fast on the Incredible's virtual keyboard as I can the Tour. However, when doing so, I get no enjoyment out of typing an email, or texting, etc. It seems more like a job typing on the virtual compared to the physical keyboard of the Tour. I like the feel of the physical keyboard and actually feel like I am accomplishing something. Yes I have tried the haptic feedback on the Incredible and that does seem to help, but it drains its already weak battery even more.
    Also, when I want to check my messages quick or reply to someone quick, the Tour is so much easier. You can just hit any button, and it be up and running and in the message in a second. The Incredible you have to press the power button, then slide the screen unlock then click on message, etc. As much as the Incredible can do and is so awesome at, I still wonder if I am just a Blackberry guy. Yes I get online and check social sites, and I take pictures and play games. BUT - I text and email much more than I do all of those things. I have found myself switching my service back and forth from my Incredible to my Tour 3-4 different times now. I am starting to feel insane.
    I wish it was easy and these devices did 2 different things I needed like if the Incredible was an Ipod or something. That way it would be obvious I needed the Tour as a phone but still needed the Incredible. However, this isn't the case. It has to be one or the other, and I cannot decide! Anyone else run into this?????
    Thus is the nature of the BB addiction... just let it take over, it will only hurt for a second...

I haven't switched to a different device because I know what I want and I'm happy with my BB, but I can understand the draw of a different device... I wish you the best of luck. Enjoy your Tour!
    06-08-10 08:11 AM
    06-08-10 01:32 PM
    I would go with the DINC. The BB is just to slow to keep up with today demands. Last time I was traveling with my tour just last week. I tried to look up different flights on the web and it just kept timing out and just to slow to even use and yes I had good EVDO service I was in Houston. This was not the first time this has happen. I will be getting rig of my BB soon. Time to move on to something that is faster and meets my needs.
    06-08-10 02:07 PM
    Fundamentally blackberry (tour etc) are really sound but they need to step it up tech wise. Iphone 4 comes with video editing. Not that making movies on your phone sounds remotely practical, its still rad you have admit. I love my tour ( first bb). But I feel like rim is getting left in the dust.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-08-10 02:19 PM
    I would go with the DINC. The BB is just to slow to keep up with today demands. Last time I was traveling with my tour just last week. I tried to look up different flights on the web and it just kept timing out and just to slow to even use and yes I had good EVDO service I was in Houston. This was not the first time this has happen. I will be getting rig of my BB soon. Time to move on to something that is faster and meets my needs.
    Have you tried using a different browser? The latest opera browser is quick as ****, I have not tried bolt lately cause last time I used it it pissed me of. But Opera is faster than my g/f's native droid incredible browser on my tour
    06-08-10 09:56 PM
    Rim will release their new 6.0 OS and the webkit soon I still love BB and I have played and toyed with changing to the incredible. I have played with it a lot and still............can't give my BB up I had the Tour and the trackball was just too much of an issue I have the Curve now like it a lot but in march can get the new 9650 and by then......who knows !
    06-08-10 10:33 PM
    Fundamentally blackberry (tour etc) are really sound but they need to step it up tech wise. Iphone 4 comes with video editing. Not that making movies on your phone sounds remotely practical, its still rad you have admit. I love my tour ( first bb). But I feel like rim is getting left in the dust.

im sorry.. did you actually use the term "rad"? -1 for that one

to the op.. it sounds like you want a touch screen device, but not necessarily as your phone.. your BB can play music just as good as any ipod.. but.. why not get your money back on the DINC, and just go get you an Ipod Touch?

you can then jailbreak it or whatever you want.. play with it, surf the web in wifi locations, and play music/videos on it... and use your BB for everything else..

cheers
    06-09-10 03:03 AM
    pm me. i will gladly take that pesky incredible. i will even give you my tour so that you have a backup...
    06-09-10 08:03 AM
    I agree. My Tour is way too slow in the browser department. I'm upgrading to an incredible as soon as they are back in stock. The apps for BB just plain suck.
    06-09-10 11:12 AM
    I agree. My Tour is way too slow in the browser department. I'm upgrading to an incredible as soon as they are back in stock. The apps for BB just plain suck.
    i have to agree. i am jumping asap. just have to wait till july. im sure that there will be better phones that i want by then too, or maybe a bogo and i can get two and sell the other to a friend...
    06-09-10 11:43 AM
    Have you tried using a different browser? The latest opera browser is quick as ****, I have not tried bolt lately cause last time I used it it pissed me of. But Opera is faster than my g/f's native droid incredible browser on my tour
    Yea rigggghhhhht! I know your not saying that you can browse the web faster on your blackberry than the droid! That statement is almost laughable!
    06-09-10 12:19 PM
    Yea rigggghhhhht! I know your not saying that you can browse the web faster on your blackberry than the droid! That statement is almost laughable!
    I have to agree with this. My GF has the Moto Droid and all tough I am not a fan of he design or keyboard the browser is leaps and bounds better than anything on a BB.

I have been using Opera since it was first available on the 8330 Curve and at one time it was great. I recently deleted it from my Tour. Not sure why but it was very slow and sometimes would just get stuck loading pages that I go on daily. reloaded it but had the same issues so I deleted it again. Just going to wait it out for the webkit browser at this point.

Anyway, if you are loading a mobile site on the BB and a full website on a Droid the BB may come out on top but try loading the exact same site on both and the Droid will blow the BB away.

Persoanlly I can't see myself using a Droid. Did plenty of testing on my Tour, My GF's Droid and her sister's Iphone and hands down the BB is the best and fastest at all types of messaging from SMS/MMs to IM to E-Mail. It was always instant where there was a 30 second to 5 minute delay on the Droid and Iphone depending on what type of messaging.

The most off putting thing about the Droid for me was that using Gmail and Google Talk, I still recieved everything immediately on my BB where there was an average of about a 30 or 40 second delay in the Droid getting the messages. Emails would even take a few minutes sometimes.
    I have gotten so used to the literlly Instant Messaging that comes with a BB that even with the better browser, multi media support etc.. that the Droid phones offer, I just don't think I would be happy with one.
    06-09-10 01:16 PM
    This is all very true - The Incredible's browser is almost like using your laptop. It is lightning fast. Its navigation is amazing. The apps and games are great. For example, there are a few free speedometer's for the incredible, but the cheapest one for the BB is 2.99. Now, having said all of that, the blackberry is still so much faster and "finger friendly" to me anyway as far as messaging. My email account for school and work go straight to my BB. Sometimes the incredible will get the email, but many times it doesn't show up - EVER. The gmail is isn't on the Incredible but it has the same gmail.com look to it (which I dislike). I don't know, it is so tough deciding. Its like when I have the Tour in my hand I am happy, but when I see the Incredible sitting over to the side I feel stupid because it is definitely the newer device and technology. Plus the camera rocks. Oh and...BB seems to pick up bluetooth easier every time too. And battery is better on BB.
    06-09-10 04:13 PM
    I will keep it brief. Keep the Blackberry. I had the Droid and it was a pain to have EVERYTHING in google. While it may not make "sense" to have older technology if it WORKS then go with it. Droid programs update daily and its too much. If you take it back or sell it to the next unsuspecting person, you will not miss it...
    06-09-10 09:32 PM
    I had the Tour and have since fully moved to the Droid. Straight up and honestly, the BB is a very solid messaging phone, but that's about it - and that is what it was designed to do from the very beginning, nothing else. The Android based phones on the other hand allow for full customization, they are much more flexible, email is VERY easy if you use Touchdown (it gives you fully exchange sync incl notes & tasks), and with the right apps you can make it pretty quick to get to things like replies and txt mesages. Sure, you have to come up with some work arounds, but once you have them, its a pleasure to use. I wasn't a fan of the touch screen, that's why I got the droid, but now I hardly ever use keyboard and I mostly use the onscreen one with no problems - Android makes it very easy to use. Games and apps are very cheap compared to the BB as well, many are free unlike the BB.

Overall, the speed is much faster, the Opera browser fixes all browser issues on the BB, but its still not as user friendly as the one that comes with the Droid. I love being able to do nearly anything I want on my phone and being able to do quick web searches ... and everything else - the Droid just blows the BB out of the water.
    06-09-10 10:28 PM
    I have to laugh at all the people complaining about how slow the browser speed is on the Tour, chances are you're also still using Official .591 build 284 aren't ya?

Welcome to the world or hybrids folks, most of the people I know that run native browser have wicked fast browser speeds, mostly because we've found the fastest parts of the blackberry browser across the entire blackberry platform, and have combined them into one, so it's stupid fast and you don't need to use a third party browser. An example for you folks, I can pull up the Blackberry site or even the mobile site of crackberry in about 3 seconds on my Tour. Don't believe me, that's probably because you're not running the same browser files I am. Again, don't knock it until you try it.

Ya'll should do a bit more research instead of sitting around complaining and accepting what you've been given. There's ALWAYS ways to improve what you have, even if it means doin a little work.
    06-10-10 09:44 AM
    I have to laugh at all the people complaining about how slow the browser speed is on the Tour, chances are you're also still using Official .591 build 284 aren't ya?

Welcome to the world or hybrids folks, most of the people I know that run native browser have wicked fast browser speeds, mostly because we've found the fastest parts of the blackberry browser across the entire blackberry platform, and have combined them into one, so it's stupid fast and you don't need to use a third party browser. An example for you folks, I can pull up the Blackberry site or even the mobile site of crackberry in about 3 seconds on my Tour. Don't believe me, that's probably because you're not running the same browser files I am. Again, don't knock it until you try it.

Ya'll should do a bit more research instead of sitting around complaining and accepting what you've been given. There's ALWAYS ways to improve what you have, even if it means doin a little work.
    I totally agree with this. I've even run some of hj's hybrids and I gotta say, I can't believe I didn't switch to hybrids earlier. Once you get into installing them often.. It's straight up addicting just switching out files, finding which ones work best with your BB, and then enjoying the whole thing. I'm running Driphter's .662/.732 at the moment and the browser is the fastest I've ever used. Granted, it's a java swap, but on other hybrids such as hj's Tooth and Nail or Jasper vII.2 the browser was blazing fast, loading up the CB mobile site in under 3 seconds. I think another thing we have to remember, is that it's a mobile phone; I don't really think it's meant to load up huge, full website that would load on a computer. I mean, I'm probably no judge because the only time I really use the browser are for Facebook Mobile, CrackBerry, and other odds and ends, but as time goes on, the native browser is definitely jumping in performance. If ANYONE is on the fence about running a hybrid, I DEFINITELY recommend it. You'll renew your love for BB.
    06-10-10 09:30 PM
    Where do we find these hybrids? I searched a few weeks ago and got nothing. I consider myself far from being technically challenged but apparently I am not looking in the right places.
    06-10-10 10:25 PM
    Where do we find these hybrids? I searched a few weeks ago and got nothing. I consider myself far from being technically challenged but apparently I am not looking in the right places.
    Here is one and here is another . Probably two of the best hybrid sites around that I can think of... do some research and jump in. It's not that hard and the rewards are awesome, plus you still have great battery life!!!
    06-10-10 11:22 PM
    Great, thanks for the info guys! I just went to both sites, did some downloads, and now not sure exactly what I have on the phone. It says I have 5.0.0.732 when looking on the phone. However, I downloaded other hybrids and when I open bberry desktop mgr, it only lists .662 and .591 and it says .662 is a (downgrade) and .591 is recommended. How do I actually get the other hybrid downloads onto the phone after I download them onto the computer?? Thanks!
    06-11-10 10:08 AM
    I'll bite - in a corporate environment you don't want to go upgrading all your phones with hybrids. Builds released by the carrier always seem to be more stable, and that stability is more important than having the president of the company pulling his battery ever other day because of a memory leak.

I put a hybrid on my storm about a year ago, and I've been doing it since. Hybrids and betas are not something the basic user should do. I would consider myself more of a blackberry geek, so I'm ok with some of the drawbacks that come with using hybrids and beta builds.

RIM/carriers should put out these faster builds, but they don't. This makes the regular blackberry user, which is probably %95 of the BB users outs there, want to abandon their phone when they see someone using a <insert phone here> that does almost everything they do now, and does it faster. I'm still a die hard crackberry addict, but these new phones just get more and more tempting!
    06-13-10 09:39 PM
    What I will never be able to do on a virtual key board is to type and not have to look at the keyboard. On a BB I am very close to being able to type messages perfectly while not even looking at the device.

06-14-10 11:07 AM
    What I will never be able to do on a virtual key board is to type and not have to look at the keyboard. On a BB I am very close to being able to type messages perfectly while not even looking at the device.

+1 to that!
    As far as the browser being faster after 591, i doubt that. The browser is slow on the hybrid I am using. I am fed up with the mediocre experience and the fact that no BB6 for the tour. Good bye BlackBerry hello Android, at least that is how it is looking now...

I was serious about the op sending/selling me his incredible.
    Last edited by Syco54645; 06-14-10 at 11:49 AM.
    06-14-10 11:46 AM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD