i just setup my desktop manager and now i am getting flooded with the same email:

[email protected]
    with the message: "this message is used to carry data between the blackberry handheld and an associated server. please do not delete, move or respond to this message - it will be processed by the server.

how do i get rid of this message or at least not have 100+ of the same email coming to me?
    09-11-07 04:56 PM
    Its driving me crazy. HELP.......PLEASE. I can not initiate a new email from my BB. I can only respond to a received email. Big pain in the ****. Cant get any answers.
    09-26-07 02:36 PM
    Try deleting the email address you have registered and re-register or install the desktop manager again maybe?
    09-26-07 03:07 PM
    I had the same issue. The problem was that I have BES service at work and when I installed the Desktop Manager at home I selected the BES option. Delete your Desktop Manager and then reinstall selecting the BIS option.

All those server emails you are getting are because of the email redirector running on your computer.
    09-27-07 11:20 AM
    Is there any other solution than deleting the desktop manager? It took about 24 hours for that program to watch the folders I have pictures and songs in.
    10-08-07 08:57 AM
    KJ I'm sorry I had this exact same problem I in the end had to sit with a level 3 VW Tech guy on this and it confused the **** out of them also due to the fact that it was showing up on Outlook and all those other places also. This is what you can do.

I have your device when you have your desktop manager I want you to run a backup of your device. This can save any files that I think you are referring to but I belive it will nto save anything that is on your Media card. Do as said above uninstall your Manager software and then reinstall with the diffrent settings. If you are trying to sync with outlook or something else you don't need to use the BES if you go to the Sync button double click to get it open then there is a tab at the top were you can set what programs it should sync up to.

This WILL get rid of your spam from BB, but to get your emails you will still need to use VW email program that just takes stuff from the mailbox itself wich is no problem as long as you have some of the settings right. Just make sure that outlook or whatever program, site ect that you are using in tandem with your BB doesn't "Pull" the emails from the mailbox turn on the option for that program to leave the files in the mailbox. That way you can get your emails on my BB and still get them on your desktop inbox

Hope this helps
    Phil~
    Any questions at all let me know
    10-08-07 02:28 PM
    thanks Phil, i'm headed home right now to sort this out.
    10-08-07 05:00 PM
    fixed the problem right up, thanks again Phil
    10-09-07 09:47 AM
    NP ^_^ If anything else happens let me know
    10-09-07 12:00 PM
    I am new to this site.. and it has alot of info that is intrestering to me..

I have just recentley (3 days ago) got my BB 8830 form Verizon. I am have the same problem as denw417. The issues is that i dont want to use my outlook inbox as the e-mail system. I have a vzw.blackberry account and wnat to use that.. I only want to use my outlook for the calander to sync to it. Is there a way to stop this or should i use a differnt calendar program.. (any ideas?)

My boyfriend and I have the exact same phone. We want to be able to sync it to the same computer.. is that possable?!?!?!
    10-09-07 05:47 PM
    Sorry that took so long but yes if you set up your account with BIS (BlackBerry Internet Service) for default it shouldn't even sync with your outlook email.

Open your Desktop manager and double click on Synchronize. What you are going to want to do is click on the upper tab that says configuration.

After you click on it this it will look something like below

It is grayed out because I did not have my device connected to the manager. Once you do have it connected though you can choose what programs and what things are synchronized with your BlackBerry. There are several to choose from and you can uncheck the boxes of the ones that you don't want to use, as you can see in the below picture.

I hope this helps and if you have any questions send me a PIN(shown if you look hard enough in the below pic) or a PM.

I hope this helps.
    ~Phil
    10-12-07 02:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD