Rim has to go back to the drawing board if they still want to keep with the I phone. Os6 doesn't even compare to the new os even with hardware. Rim is going to have to do a major os and hardware overhaul to make the storm series even try to stay up to date. If nothing happens in two years with storm 4 which hopefully will be out by then I'm jumping ship to something else imo.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by coldconfession13; 06-07-10 at 07:41 PM.
    06-07-10 06:39 PM
    I'm getting my iPhone in August. The tech nerd in me can't resist.
    06-07-10 06:52 PM
    I think this has been discussed a lot. Today's announcements did little to change the situation. I was impressed with the iPhone 4, but it was expected to be what it is. With this, plus Android, BB has their work cut out for them. They can still keep a lot of potential converts if they get it right, but they have to get it right.

I for one will stay with BB if OS6 rocks the features we are all expecting, but not for long if the Storm3 does not bring some iPhone 4 parity. All in All, I prefer the BB OS navigation and base features compared to iPhone or Android, but they are too far behind in web browsing, etc. I sure hope OS6 is what I hope it to be, and I hope the Storm3 hardware is a leap. RIM's hardware has sucked the last 3 years. My company probably replaces 30% of the phones we get at least once. The Tour was complete crap. They have some serious catching up to do!

My decision to stay changes pretty quick if Verizon ever gets the iPhone. I was really disappointed it was not announced today.
    06-07-10 07:07 PM
    If nothing doesn't happen in two years with storm 4 which hopefully will be out by then I'm jumping ship to something else imo.

fine. you do that.

(and "nothing doesn't" is a double negative)
    06-07-10 07:08 PM
    The iPhone 4 is very pretty, but I still prefer my BlackBerry because of certain needs, which don't include video chat or game playing. It's not that I don't like the iPhone, it's just that the BlackBerry still better fits my requirements.

I also don't plan to buy another phone until LTE. When that happens it will probably be between BlackBerry and an Android phone for me. Just have to wait and see who has what, what carrier they are on, and what best fits my needs...
    06-07-10 07:18 PM
    As long rim has been putting out lately they have been little changes to hardware while the price doesn't show I mean other hardware with better specs cost the same just look what rim has done with pearl 3g from previous pearl and bold from tour. I see this a waste of renewing my contract for just some slight changes if not worthy. Os wise the os just has little improvements but nothing evolutionary. See how palm made web os and microsoft with wmo 7. They are at least doing a drastic change to os. Os6 seems just a number change cause whatever updates it has could be done on os5. I mean a theme can give u some features of os6. That's not fun and other is just cosmetic changes what under the hood improvements. Will they open up the platform for some better apps. I love my storm 2 but seeing how other phones are just killing my love for it cause the apps. Seems top apps are maintenance apps.

06-07-10 07:21 PM
    I like my storm but I just hope that they become a Palm I have a Droid also and I'm using it more and more.
    06-07-10 07:31 PM
    I like my storm but I just hope that they become a Palm I have a Droid also and I'm using it more and more.
    Put them all in a blender and get the best of everything.
    06-07-10 07:36 PM
    fine. You do that.

lmfao !!!!!!!
    06-07-10 07:36 PM
    fine. you do that.

Thanks for catching got side tracked on something so forgot where I was ha ha corrected

06-07-10 07:44 PM
    Thanks for catching got side tracked on something so forgot where I was ha ha corrected

awesome. I tend to find many errors that I make in the composition window, seconds after my posts show up in the thread. There's hardly a post I write that I don't have to edit moments after I hit "submit reply".
    06-07-10 07:46 PM
    Why are reports online stating that the new iphone will be coming to Verizon this month? Don't remember Stevey boy saying that today.

06-07-10 08:10 PM
    lulz anyone thinking VZW was getting the iphone this month or even this year can buy bridges from me real cheap
    06-07-10 08:24 PM
    Sad to say...If the new iPhone gets to Verizon and the price is reasonable due to my contract, I will probably jump ship. Seriously, RIM needs to be an innovator and not the one playing catch up. When the iPhone makes its way to other carriers and it will...just a matter of time, all other manufacturers will need to watchout because this may kill the market as we know it. Don't go flaming on me because I really like RIM, but I really don't think they understand what us, consumers, really want. The sad thing with all of this is that if the iPhone does really dominate the market to the point that it kills off most of it's competitors, the real losers are us, consumers, because we will have a lack of choice. However, on an optimistic side, if it just increases competition instead, we benefit by getting better products and more competitive prices.

My theory is that Apple is milking this new iPhone to the hilt! They release the first run to AT&T to keep everyone there and make others switch. When sales cools down, they open up to the other carriers to get the sales from customers loyal to their carriers. The other thing is that if Verizon is slated to go 4G by year's end, there is a good chance of a 4G iPhone to hit the market under Verizon since it would be a win win situation for both Apple & Verizon and Apple's profits should go through the roof. If anything, you should buy stocks in Apple. This is their year!
    06-07-10 08:34 PM
    fine. you do that.

Nice catch. If "nothing doesn't" then I guess "something does" That's the problem with iPhone users. They don't need to speak "good" (i.e. "well")
    06-07-10 08:45 PM
    Meh, still happy with BB services. If I wanted iPhone I would have jump ship a long time ago.

I'm sure RIM have a lot of surprises around the corner. Just Mike L said, stuff they are releasing today was developed 5 years ago. They are already doing great right now and should continue to stick to their plans.
    06-07-10 09:21 PM
    The reviews for the new iphone have been pretty good so far. Sounds like the Retina screen is sick and the hardware seems like a jewel. Not quite the the slanted top screen we get with our Storms... Sorry don't mean to sound a like a fanboy. Overall, I like my Storm, but the browser is pathetic and I am ready to try something that has the latest features...two video cameras, dual mics, gyroscope. It all sounds really good expect for AT&T...blah. I will wait until I read some more hands on tests to see if I will be happy making the move. I also don't like AT&T's new data plans. Need to see how that is working out too.
    06-08-10 09:03 AM
    The reviews for the new iphone have been pretty good so far. Sounds like the Retina screen is sick and the hardware seems like a jewel. Not quite the the slanted top screen we get with our Storms... Sorry don't mean to sound a like a fanboy. Overall, I like my Storm, but the browser is pathetic and I am ready to try something that has the latest features...two video cameras, dual mics, gyroscope. It all sounds really good expect for AT&T...blah. I will wait until I read some more hands on tests to see if I will be happy making the move. I also don't like AT&T's new data plans. Need to see how that is working out too.
    People in France have had video calling for "ever" and from all accounts, no one even uses the feature. It (i4) will be great for sexting teens however.

Since I don't play games on my touch or storm, I know that the gyro won't add anything I need/want in a cell phone.

AAMOF, I rarely use the video on the Storm, and just occasionally take pictures with it--none of which are "keepers" worthy of printing or copying to my computers for "posterity".

I like gadgets as much as the next dude, but I tend to use them for very specific purposes rather then for all their possible uses.
    06-08-10 09:14 AM
    People in France have had video calling for "ever" and from all accounts, no one even uses the feature. It (i4) will be great for sexting teens however.

Since I don't play games on my touch or storm, I know that the gyro won't add anything I need/want in a cell phone.

AAMOF, I rarely use the video on the Storm, and just occasionally take pictures with it--none of which are "keepers" worthy of printing or copying to my computers for "posterity".

I like gadgets as much as the next dude, but I tend to use them for very specific purposes rather then for all their possible uses.
    Who cares about the French? I don't use the video on my Storm because it is awful and doesn't allow editing on the device. It's pretty much a worthless feature on the Storm as is the slanted screen feature. Still don't know what that is used for? I take a lot of pics with the Storm and they're pretty good in my opinion. Not the best, but pretty good. I mostly use the phone as a phone, for email, texting, pictures and listening to Pandora or iheart (Rush and Beck). I wonder if I would use more of the features if they were designed better and easier to work with?
    06-08-10 10:19 AM
    If I jump the Verizon ship it will be for the BB 9800, NOT the iphone!
    06-08-10 11:32 AM
    Who cares about the French?
    Who cares about you
    06-08-10 11:35 AM
    If RIM doesn't start acting like Apple, or Droid, or blah blah blah. Want one of those? Go get it. Don't let the door hit you in the rear.

I'll say just the opposite, if my blackberry ever starts acting like an iPhone it's getting tossed out of the nearest window.
    06-08-10 12:04 PM
    As long rim has been putting out lately they have been little changes to hardware while the price doesn't show I mean other hardware with better specs cost the same just look what rim has done with pearl 3g from previous pearl and bold from tour. I see this a waste of renewing my contract for just some slight changes if not worthy. Os wise the os just has little improvements but nothing evolutionary. See how palm made web os and microsoft with wmo 7. They are at least doing a drastic change to os. Os6 seems just a number change cause whatever updates it has could be done on os5. I mean a theme can give u some features of os6. That's not fun and other is just cosmetic changes what under the hood improvements. Will they open up the platform for some better apps. I love my storm 2 but seeing how other phones are just killing my love for it cause the apps. Seems top apps are maintenance apps.

It's like you just threw handfuls of alphabet soup on my monitor.

WebOS and Windows 7 are not "evolutionary" when compared to those companies' previous offerings... Let's just say you meant "revolutionary".

Palm and MS had to take HUGE jumps in their respective OSes because they were hurting in market share, RIM does not. OS6 is very much an evolution of prior versions, they don't need to reinvent the wheel, just make it roll better.

P.S. Have fun on AT&T, and dealing with Apple's BS. I'd rather eat my dogs' digested dinner.
    Last edited by Joel S.; 06-08-10 at 12:21 PM.
    06-08-10 12:17 PM
    all i want is a freakin browser that loads quickly and scrolls smoothly.
    Last edited by blahblahyoutoo; 06-08-10 at 12:46 PM.
    06-08-10 12:41 PM
    people complain that rim gets the cool things late. I'm willing to bet its because the things you think are cool are protected by patents held by apple/android. When the patents expire is probably when rim can copy what u want. And before you say "they should innovate!" that's what they did with surepress. Innovation is also expensive. I bet rim doesn't have as much $ as apple or google.

06-08-10 12:52 PM
139 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD