Here's the deal. I currently have an iPhone. I'm switching to an unlocked Blackberry Storm 9530. I put my SIM card into the Storm and voice and SMS worked fine. I then went to the AT&T Storm unlock get all your stuff working thread and did everything in those instructions. However, my data is not working. I called AT&T to have them switch me from the iPhone data plan to a Blackberry data plan. They asked for the IEMI of the Blackberry which I gave them. They said it wouldn't pull up the device info. I told them that it's because it's not an AT&T Blackberry. They said it won't let them add Blackberry data to it unless it shows up as a Blackberry in their system. Am I screwed at this point or is there a workaround? I can't resend the service books from AT&T because when I put in my PIN/IMEI it says it's not supported by the service provider (probably because I don't have BIS). Any suggestions?
    06-07-10 06:11 PM
    Ask somebody else for the IMEI of their AT&T BlackBerry, and use that. The system really will not allow the addition of the plans unless the device is recognized.
    06-08-10 01:31 AM
    Ill send you my Curve IEMI if i can have you iphone?!
    06-09-10 06:39 PM
    did you try resetting the APN to wap.cingular
    and username for APN: WAP(at)CINGULARGPRS.COM
    pw: cingular1
    once i did that it got my data working
    06-09-10 07:34 PM
    That's helpful, but you still need a BlackBerry data feature to make use of RIM's services.
    06-10-10 01:53 AM
    A Storm? Really. You better get rid of it quickly!
    06-10-10 08:48 AM
    That's helpful, but you still need a BlackBerry data feature to make use of RIM's services.
    Yes you are right if you want rims features such as their push emails or BBM then you do need the BB service.
    But as I have, there are apps out there that give me push email, the only thing I do not have is the BBM. I have everything else and im not paying for the service just to have BBM. I can text.
    06-10-10 09:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD