Hi,

I just got my first BB and need to know a few things about Rogers, since that is who my plan is through.

1. Why does the Rogers My Account want access to monitor my WiFi connections?
    2. Using WiFi, with Mobile Network turned off, does it use my Data Plan?
    3. Is 1GB enough for email (300 - 400/week - work), facebook, limited surfring, d/ling apps, ringtones, background images and the odd pic upload to facebook
    4. Can I block emails that contain attachments from my BB?
    5. How do I access Hotmail on my BB?

Thanks for the help,

MAtt
    06-07-10 03:58 PM
    1) skipped. I don't use the my account feature
    2) No
    3) Yes. I only have 500mb on my plan and I never come anywhere near my limit and thats with browsing, youtube, emails, sending/recieveing pics via bbm, etc.
    4) Dunno
    5) Go into your browswer and go to hotmail.com and you can access it that way. Blackberry's have a push email feature so as long as you setup your hotmail account on your phone emails will be sent straight to your phone when they go to your hotmail account. If you want to send an email go to the email section and create a new email. IF you've setup your email correctly it will automatically send using your hotmail email address as the sender.
    06-07-10 06:14 PM
    3) Yes. I only have 500mb on my plan and I never come anywhere near my limit and thats with browsing, youtube, emails, sending/recieveing pics via bbm, etc.
    Oh gosh 500mb is definitely all you need. I do all of the above - but switch youtube out for occasional streaming of radio stations. Nowhere near my limit either.

The only reason you would ever need more than that is if you plan on tethering your BB to get an Internet connection. Even then, if you're only going to do it once or twice a year, 500mb is plenty. So you're safe with 1gb.
    06-08-10 08:35 AM
    Thanks for reassuring me that 1GB should be plenty
    06-08-10 12:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD