who on verizon official release OS .591 does NOT have browser click issues?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-07-10 03:29 PM
    LOL! Have yet to hear from one. Vzw dumped trash on us. Just the final straw for the abortion known to us as the Tour 9630!
    06-07-10 03:44 PM
    Then wtf is taking them so long to fix it. I've never loaded a leak OS so I'm a bit sketchy on trying to. I usually break things.

06-07-10 04:05 PM
    Look at it this way; it's already EFF'd up right? DL .643 and you WILL be happy you did.
    06-07-10 04:08 PM
    No browser click issues for me since I upgraded from 484 to 591. Battery life seems better to (after it settled in) and it reduced my battery pull frequency down from once per day to once every 3 days on average.
    06-07-10 04:13 PM
    .591 HAS the browser click issue!
    06-07-10 05:35 PM
    I'll volunteer to start a rumor

it is probably because Rim made some hardware change in the Tour to get around some defect and the .591 upgrade does not work on some Tours. And no one in Verizon/RIM is willing to admit such a hardware change in mid-stream occurred, thereby leaving some Tours with Browser click issues.
    06-07-10 07:12 PM
    Humor my ignorance. What is "browser click issue", and I'll tell you if I've had it.
    06-07-10 07:50 PM
    Having to click on a link within your browser multiple times before it actually works.

06-07-10 09:19 PM
    My Tour came pre-loaded with .591 and the browser click issue. I just used the enter button on the keypad, beneath the "del" button, to eliminate the issue. I updated to the .643 OS and after the battery settled in, all is well. I still use the enter button often, hoping to prolong the life of the trackball. As soon as the trackball gives me a problem I'll replace the Tour with a current device. If the trackball failed today I would order the Bold 9650.

06-08-10 06:21 AM
    can someone tell me where to go to get the .643 now? I searched it the other day and every link to it was down. Thanks!
    06-08-10 06:55 AM
    +1 can someone post a workin link for the .643? This must be new cuz I haven't heard bout it

06-08-10 11:25 AM
    ^In the same boat...post a link
    06-08-10 11:51 AM
    No browser click issues for me since I upgraded from 484 to 591. Battery life seems better to (after it settled in) and it reduced my battery pull frequency down from once per day to once every 3 days on average.
    i have the browser click issue a little bit but i agree with you... my battery has been better and my battery pull has been reduced as well to every 3-4 days instead of daily

IF Verizon decided to put out a new OS then that's cool... if not I'm good on this .591 until I get my 9650 in September
    06-08-10 12:02 PM
    Check around on some of the hybrid sites,,, they may have a link posted to the leaked OS's for the public to download. Leaked .662 is also a good stand alone OS to run...tried pretty much all of the leaks and anything beats the heII out of .591...lol.
    06-08-10 12:30 PM
    Well a friend of mine has gotten the new Bold 9650 and she said her OS is .699 and she loves it... I wonder why we can't get .699??

06-08-10 12:36 PM
    Well a friend of mine has gotten the new Bold 9650 and she said her OS is .699 and she loves it... I wonder why we can't get .699??

Actually you can.. but you have to install a hybrid that has those files in it to use it. OS's for the Bold 9650 will not work on our Tour's if you try to install the complete OS by itself,, the radio files for the Tour and Bold are the biggest problem...aka you would brick your tour trying to use it. In fact I am running a hybrid right now that has .732 files in it... you need to get on the hybrid wagon...lol.
    06-08-10 12:44 PM
    Actually you can.. but you have to install a hybrid that has those files in it to use it. OS's for the Bold 9650 will not work on our Tour's if you try to install the complete OS by itself,, the radio files for the Tour and Bold are the biggest problem...aka you would brick your tour trying to use it. In fact I am running a hybrid right now that has .732 files in it... you need to get on the hybrid wagon...lol.
    well i know that tour os is different from bold os and she doesn't have a hybrid.. she's not that advanced with her bb like people on here...

i wanna get the bold so bad.. what should i do?
    06-08-10 08:59 PM
    I run vzw .591 on my Tour with no browser click issues ever. None on prior OS 5 versions either and have not any other problems, but do have some minor memory leaking that requires a battery pull (soft pull reset) every 3-4 days and all is good again. Could be one of my downloaded themes or apps, but only about 5-6 mb leak per day and I have nearly 80 mb free after a reset. I always get 2-3 days between battery charges with moderate use.

06-08-10 09:57 PM
    I have a first release phone running only official OS. I have browser click issues.

the enter key works for you guys the first time? I have to hit that a ton of times myself.

What I've found work for me is if the link I clicked on didn't work, i move the mouse over to the left or right a little and i get it to work usually by the third or 4th time.
    06-08-10 10:11 PM
    I haven't really had a reason to post much on the forums, I enjoy reading some of the topics more than getting involved.... But I had the vz tour, and sent it in for a warranty replacement, received the new phone, ended up having to send it back because half the keyboard didn't work, but besides that, I'm on my fourth tour now.... I used the desktop manager to transfer all my apps and what not to my new phone..... Realized I didn't have my browser icon on my bb, so I registered the phone with the bb network again, and I've been using it for a few hours now and haven't had the browser click issue... (All my other phones had this problem) I'm running .591..... I don't know if it was just luck of the draw, but I haven't had the browser click issue since I've been using this device now. I don't know if this could be some help, but I thought I'd share my two cents.

06-10-10 05:27 PM
    Has anyone gotten a replacement unit because of the browser issue?

06-10-10 05:44 PM
    I have a replacement unit that didn't have the issue until I upgraded to the latest official OS (I have only put official OS's on it). Using this OS is the only time I've had this browser click issue...although there have been other issues on other devices and OS's...
    06-10-10 08:44 PM
    I have a replacement unit that didn't have the issue until I upgraded to the latest official OS (I have only put official OS's on it). Using this OS is the only time I've had this browser click issue...although there have been other issues on other devices and OS's...
    You will need to install 643 or 662 to cure the browser click issue. Using an official (591 for vzw or 624 for sprint) will not fix it.

06-10-10 08:51 PM
    Well I had an issue with my headphone jack not working so I exchanged my Tour before the year warranty ran out. Well I now wish I had my old phone back. Never had a browser click issue until this phone, memory is down in the low 80's (my old one never went under 100), and the trackball is sunk into the phone more to where I have to use the tip of my finger. The sad part is I don't even use my headphones that often anymore!!!! Hopefully when 6.0 comes out this fall these issues will be resolved.
    06-11-10 03:43 AM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD