I just downloaded .681 and went into delete the vendor.xml file but it was not listed in apploader. Am I looking in the wrong place. Any suggestions? Tks.
    06-07-10 01:07 AM
    If you're ruuning windows then just type vendor.xml into the search box in my computer

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-07-10 01:28 AM
    See whether it is hidden. I have read somewhere that the latest versions of DM hides the vendor.xml or put is some other folder. I'm not 100% on this though.... What version of DM are you using?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-07-10 02:10 AM
    In Windows Explorer go to Tools then Folder Options. Click on the View tab and uncheck "Hide extensions for known file types" and click on "Show hidden files and folders".
    06-07-10 07:32 AM
    Thanks for the replies. I am running DM 5.0.1. I tried checking and unchecking as you suggested and got a device.xml file but no vendor.xml. I haven't looked on DM to see if the vendor.xml file is there. All the posts seems to say not to use DM.

Thanks for the help.
    06-07-10 12:34 PM
    Uninstall the OS from your PC and delete the AppLoader folder. Then, reinstall the OS again. Many have had the same issue and found it after reinstalling.
    06-07-10 12:39 PM
    Thanks for the replies. I am running DM 5.0.1. I tried checking and unchecking as you suggested and got a device.xml file but no vendor.xml. I haven't looked on DM to see if the vendor.xml file is there. All the posts seems to say not to use DM.

Thanks for the help.
    Are you looking here:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader\
    06-07-10 01:14 PM
    Thanks everyone for your help. Downloaded the OS again and found the vendor.xml file. Upgraded the phone with no problems.
    06-07-10 10:47 PM
    Thanks everyone for your help. Downloaded the OS again and found the vendor.xml file. Upgraded the phone with no problems.
    Excellent ! . . Good for you
    06-08-10 07:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD