So can someone please explain to me rogers cellphone upgrading because i had an lgvu tu915 (smartphone) and i wanna upgrade to a pearl 9100 but don how it works.

Explain please!
    06-06-10 11:24 PM
    How long has it been since your last upgrade? If its over a year Call 1-800 (or it might be 1-866)-rogers1 and tell them you wanna upgrade. Price is based on a new 3 year contract being signed then they mail it to you using UPS

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-07-10 12:07 AM
    How long has it been since your last upgrade? If its over a year Call 1-800 (or it might be 1-866)-rogers1 and tell them you wanna upgrade. Price is based on a new 3 year contract being signed then they mail it to you using UPS

I really don't want to extend my contract but i want a new phone do you think they will meet my demands?
    06-07-10 06:27 PM
    Nope... If you won't extand then they won't give you upgrade pricing

06-07-10 09:28 PM
    What he said ^

They don't care if you leave, well they do,but they cover their rear ends by making you sign a new contract. They will almost always bend if you extend your contract... Give and take

06-07-10 11:58 PM
    Rogers has free upgrades every 2 years I believe. They used to be every year, but if it hasn't been 2 years for you, you can just sign a new contract and get the 9100
    06-08-10 04:06 AM
    I am using my old and antiquated 8310 as my 9000 died over the winter. I never have had difficulty in getting rogers to either give or help with an upgrade as I do have a sweetheart contract with them and do not mind re signing. My issue with rogers is that all their BBs are old models ,and waiting for newer ones to come on stream,as they are always the last to get the new models ,but the first if you want i phone or Android. Does anybody know when they will be out with the 9800 as this is the model that I am waiting for. Thx M
    06-08-10 09:43 AM
    Lets move this to the Rogers Forum
    06-08-10 11:25 AM
    Buy at full price and never have to worry abt Rogers contracts. Rogers really doesn't care if you leave, their retention dept might work out some deal with you but, it'll never be off contract.
    06-08-10 11:50 AM
    Rogers has free upgrades every 2 years I believe. They used to be every year, but if it hasn't been 2 years for you, you can just sign a new contract and get the 9100
    By that what do you mean every 2 years on your contract you can upgrade? or wait 2 years then they have a free upgrade program for registered cutomers
    06-08-10 03:56 PM
    When you sign up for a contract you get a phone at a discount price. You don't qualify for that discounted price on an newer phone until 2yrs passes.

There is always buying a used phone as an option. People love their blackberries and have to have the newest and greatest so generally you'll find a slightly used bb on the marketplace for a good price once a new model lands. I picked up my 9700 that way without having to worry about renewing my contract yet and it has been problem free for me.
    06-08-10 06:46 PM
    after one year some phones come up for upgrade eligibility. This usually consists of the se w350, samsung propel, nokia surge, and a few other models. Full upgrade eligibility is every 2 years but sometimes comes early depending on how much revenue you have generated. Upgrade prices are generally what new customers pay. For example a $49.99 phone for a new customer will be 99.99 for an upgrade then you get a $50 mail in rebate but are also charged a $35 administration fee. After your contract is done, rogers will sometimes tag certain phones as promotional offers that have no administration fee and are cheaper than new customer pricing.
    06-14-10 12:04 AM
    for smart fones ur allowed to do a hardware upgrade every 2 years on a 3- year contract, its bascailly renewing ur contract or some ppl seeing it as extending..too mee the longer ive stayed with my plan the better deal im getting...ive been with my same plan for about 7 years now and im payin dirt cheap for the crap there charging now
    07-12-10 03:51 AM
    So can someone please explain to me rogers cellphone upgrading because i had an lgvu tu915 (smartphone) and i wanna upgrade to a pearl 9100 but don how it works.

Explain please!
    .....well....to start...you really should get rid of the Toronto Maple Leaf logo.....hahaha.....just kidding....( just an old Montreal fanatic throwing a barb)
    07-12-10 07:40 AM
    Congrats on bringing back a month old topic.
    07-12-10 04:30 PM
    BB's are less than a 2 year upgrade cycle by a few months, iPhones are a 2 year cycle. I know because I asked recently and they told me. I just cannot remember exactly how many months a BB upgrade takes. Just call *611 from your phone and ask them.
    07-12-10 04:33 PM

You have to be 24 Months into your contract in order for them to let you upgrade. At least that's what they told me when I called 2 days ago.

And it's 1-888-ROGERS1.
    07-22-10 05:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD