I'm having a few issues with my bold 9700 that i wonder if anyone else here has experienced or can give me a hand with.

My bold is barely a month old and i have updated it to the latest software my carrier (orange) holds which is version 5.0.0.321

but sometimes when i get text messages that show up as orange and unread, i cannot get into them, and as much as i press i cannot read them, i can however set them to mark as read.

to read them i have to remove my battery and do a reset, sometimes this also happens when i want to read a text conversation.

ive also noticed sometimes when i go to make calls it says call failed, or will show its dialling but has no dial tone.

does anyone have any fixes?! as i am sick of removing my battery to use my phone
    06-06-10 03:37 PM
    This isn't normal !! ( according to my friends who both have the Bold 9700 OS V5.0.0.296 )

I would seggest that you contact Orange and tell them your issue. Since it is only one month old, you should ask for a replacement.
    Last edited by Ahmed G.; 06-06-10 at 05:26 PM.
    06-06-10 03:55 PM
    i have experienced all of the problems you have described, the sms one, where you cant read it but you can see it (cant click on it) a battery pull solves this problem, i have only experienced this a couple of times. as for the call failed and no dial tone i just keeping trying to call and it usually sorts itself out
    06-06-10 04:05 PM
    yeah its just annoying when it does do it!! i guess im not the only one with this issue
    06-06-10 04:08 PM
    I get the texting issue also, not sure how to resolve it other that a quick pull.
    SOMETIMES if you compose SMS and enter the contact who text you it will pull up the conversation and work fine, doesn't always work though.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-06-10 05:15 PM
    Strange! Glad to know I'm not the only one as I've had this issue intermittently as well.. I've found if I read other texts and then try to open the one that won't open, I can usually get it to open eventually without a battery pull.. Annoying to say the least - I'm going to try updating to 5.0.0.680 (have .593 currently) to see if that helps?
    06-06-10 05:21 PM
    simple, upgrade your OS... most of the older OSs have had this issue.. the newer version do not...
    06-06-10 05:31 PM
    this has happened to me as well. i can usually open the text if i click the menu button and click compose text and choose the person who's text won't open. Then it seems to open the text. try and see if that will work for you.
    06-06-10 07:23 PM
    I hav the same problem but I don't do a battery pull . I jus delete the text message convo . I think it does dat because it can't hold many messages . Well I hope it gets fixed soon .

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-07-10 12:50 PM
    simple procedure. early 5.0 os had that issue. update to the latest one and u will be good to go. many 9700 owners had that issue. i also did until i updated. ive been running 5.0.656 since it came out and i havent had a single problem. thats whats olding me to update to 680. its been great for me since
    06-07-10 04:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD