Hi - just experienced a strange issue with my battery over night.

I powered off my Bold for about 9 hours last night as I didn't have my charger to hand and had about 40% battery left. Now I know that when the device is powered off, it is really only on a low power state with the radio and other features disabled, but you can imagine how shocked I was when I powered back up to see there was only 1% power left!!!!

Has anyone experienced this? I rarely switch the device off as I usually just stick it on the charging pod each night so never noticed this happen before. And generally have no main issues with battery life as a whole. I'm currently on .656 and this is my first major gripe

Any ideas??
    06-06-10 01:24 PM
    It's not typical if that is what you are asking.... ideas: even though you powered your device off, that is just turning off the radio... there can still be apps that run, or try to run... I have BerryBuzz and noticed the other night that I was getting an email notification in the middle of the night... I went to sleep before my Auto Off kicked in... anyways, I flipped it over and went back to sleep, the next morning it was still letting me know there was a new email... it never stopped running. Without actually pulling the battery physically out of the device, things can and will still run on your device.

What apps do you have that might not have been turned off???
    06-06-10 01:54 PM
    I had something similar where my phone would freeze so I did a battery pull and when it restarted, it would be at 0% battery. I was running .680 though. That happened 3 times before i got fed up and downgraded to .593 and now everything is fine.
    06-06-10 02:02 PM
    The only apps that I can think of, other than the main apps running in the background, would be BeWeather or Poynt...

Although, I have just recently began using the Beta Facebook 1.8. It is super quick so I dunno if it is running hidden in the background trying to update feeds, but it certainly doesn't show as running.

Just very strange how I could have moderate-heavy use of the phone for 18 hours, using about 50% battery, but then drain so fast when I ain't actively using it, and is supposedly turned off lol

Would UMA disconnect during power off??
    06-06-10 02:33 PM
    UMA should disconnect since when you turn ON your device you might notice that Wifi, as well as the radio, is Off... try looking at your device when you turn it on next time.
    06-06-10 05:25 PM
    UMA should disconnect since when you turn ON your device you might notice that Wifi, as well as the radio, is Off... try looking at your device when you turn it on next time.
    Yes thanks, I know; but something must up somewhere. Maybe the battery has simply decided not to play any more. Will see how I get on over the next few days.
    06-06-10 05:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD