I have a like a knick on the screen (not the screen itself, the lens or whatever over it). It's small, and for the longest time I thought it was a piece of dirt that wouldn't come off.

Any suggestions? I'm not going to take apart a one day old phone and try to replace parts, and Verizon would probably laugh at me if I asked for a replacement, but it is annoying me already. Not even sure how it happened, had the phone in my hand or in the holster all day.
    06-05-10 02:23 PM
    Suck it up and deal with it...it adds character to the device, lol
    06-05-10 02:52 PM
    Suck it up and deal with it...it adds character to the device, lol
    Yea, pretty much what I planned on doing. I'll probably replace the cover eventually but I just can't will myself to open up such a new phone haha. I had a bad experience with a Curve once and I'd rather a nick in the screen than a phone that doesn't feel right because I mess up putting it back together.
    06-05-10 03:06 PM
    I dont think it is a cover on the 9650, i think thats the LCD display itself.
    06-05-10 03:08 PM
    I have a like a knick on the screen (not the screen itself, the lens or whatever over it). It's small, and for the longest time I thought it was a piece of dirt that wouldn't come off.

Any suggestions? I'm not going to take apart a one day old phone and try to replace parts, and Verizon would probably laugh at me if I asked for a replacement, but it is annoying me already. Not even sure how it happened, had the phone in my hand or in the holster all day.
    You won't care about it in a few months. I was using my Curve as a flashlight for my car and sliding it across a cement floor. The more you fuss with a scratch or nick, the worse it will look. Just leave it alone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-05-10 03:14 PM
    Are you sure your phone didn't come that way from the factory? Damages do occur during manufacturing. It might be worth getting it swapped out for a new one.
    06-05-10 03:15 PM
    Otterbox...

06-05-10 03:16 PM
    You won't care about it in a few months. I was using my Curve as a flashlight for my car and sliding it across a cement floor. The more you fuss with a scratch or nick, the worse it will look. Just leave it alone.

Well I've had a bunch of Berries before this and keep them in great condition (despite a bunch of friends who don't do the same) so I'm kind of upset. I've only had a scratch on the chrome of my Tour once and that was because a kid at the camp I work at knocked it out of my hand on to the ground.

And bleeker: I don't know. I want to say no because I didn't notice it right away. But at the same time I went a whole day satisfied that it was dirt that I could get off later haha so maybe I'm just dumb.
    06-05-10 03:19 PM
    Correct...9650 doesn't have screen cover...that's the actual screen

06-05-10 04:58 PM
    I wonder if a screen protector (IS, GA etc.) might smooth out and "hide" the little cosmetic blemish? Dunno... Just a thought-
    06-05-10 05:02 PM
    dont worry about it bro
    06-05-10 08:20 PM
    I understand you... I dropped mine on day four and I just brought it back and said the phone kept "locking" up. They exchanged it without question. I like my toys pretty. I don't know how verizon is about this but sprint took care of me.

06-05-10 09:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD