I did not feel like buying a new blackberry tour2 "BOLD" 9650 when it was released. Doing these simple changes made my blackberry tour work excellent and functions great. I will certainly buy the next blackberry if it has the 6.0 OS. All apps I purchased were easily transferred to my current tour from a previously broken tour without having to repurchase except as noted.

bought this 6/4/2010
    Paid Theme
    I highly recommend this theme.
    OS 6 v2.6 by WJD Designs $2.99 on Crackberry Store
    This is the only paid theme I have ever bought. I think it improves everything. I tried several free Themes some were good but this theme is super fast! Well worth the $2.99 its like having a whole new blackberry.

bought these apps may 2010
    SmrtGaurd $22.49 purchased on sale here on Crackberry Regular Price $44.99 for 1 year
    if you care about your info not getting into the wrong hands if you loose your phone get this app
    BeWeather $9.99
    very nice weather app very customizable, does not have push alerts but works great
    Pinball Deluxe $2.99 bought it on sale on Crackberry regular $4.99
    I like this game a lot pretty cool, I hope they make more versions.

The following apps helped improving my user experience and all were purchased last year the month I got my blackberry tour.

Paid Apps
    Tether $19.99 purchased on sale Regular Price $49.99
    tether allows you to use your berry as a modem and use the internet on you cpu
    BuzzMe Pro $2.99
    customize LED alerts
    Scanner Radio $4.99
    I love this one it is a police emergency scanner and I think its well worth it
    WeatherBug Elite $4.99 (only buy if you want push alerts the free version is just as good)
    accurate weather according to your current location. NO LONGER CAN USE THIS APP. Something was wrong with my old bb 9630 when I received my new PIN they wont reactivate it. Got BeWeather as the replacement.
    iBearBrain2 $3.99
    brain exercise app/game
    Drug Lord Wars $2.99 purchased on sale $4.99 regular price
    strategy game
    QuickLaunch $4.99
    short cuts for bb functions apps and internet

Free Apps
    Poynt
    excellent for fast info, locally or while traveling
    Google Voice
    excellent voice mail sends text/email with your voice mail or listen to your VM
    PayPal
    sales or payment accept credit cards on the go
    Seesmic
    perfect ping.fm app
    facebook
    convenient for keeping in touch on facebook
    myspace
    convenient for keeping in touch on myspace
    Flickr
    photo albums online
    Twitter
    blackberry twitter app
    UberTwitter
    twitter app
    Capture It
    screen pics of your blackberry
    Olive Tree Bible Reader
    Holy Bible different translations plus excellent study guides
    Dictionary
    dictionary and thesaurus
    Pandora
    great music streaming

So what do you think of all my apps?
    Any apps that you recommend?
    Last edited by dj2big; 06-05-10 at 12:45 PM. Reason: added info
    06-05-10 03:16 AM
    Thanks for putting this together, i use some of those apps also. Still debating on the 9650, it does have all the things i wish the Tour did, thats what kills me.
    06-05-10 08:43 AM
    Thanks for putting this together, i use some of those apps also. Still debating on the 9650, it does have all the things i wish the Tour did, thats what kills me.
    Great list but there's no reason to purchase a Tour anymore. The Bold 9650 has support for webkit and openGL, besides the hardware upgrades. I just learned the value of Wi-Fi now that I work deep in a building where 3G reception is poor...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-05-10 09:01 AM
    I wouldn't say great, good maybe. The problem is if somebody spent that much money on all of those programs mentioned, they have just covered a pretty significant portion of a new device. Maybe not a 9650, but the $129 dollars you spent on all of those paid apps would go a long way on a new device.

Can't see the benefits here and to be honest the theme can help with speed but you are limited like every other theme's capabilities by the speed of the device. Sorry but that's just a simple fact with a Blackberry device. I have to admit though, it does look like a pretty sweet theme.
    06-05-10 09:36 AM
    I have the new Bold 9650 and I can honestly say I love it much more then the Tour I had! its a very smooth fast running phone and the trackpad and wifi and the insane amount of memory is very nice to have!
    06-05-10 10:59 AM
    fyi I have had my tour since August must of the the apps were purchased back then the only recent purchase was the theme, all the other apps can be transfered free to a new device. I do want a new bb I can't justify going into a 9650 unless i really needed wifi
    06-05-10 12:35 PM
    I love that theme! Thanks! Completely changed how my phone works. Much faster a hardly any glitches. If only I could get my signal to stop going in and out then this phone would be perfect.
    06-06-10 03:04 PM
    I know that theme improved the trackball
    06-07-10 02:09 AM
    I did not feel like buying a new blackberry tour2 "BOLD" 9650 when it was released. Doing these simple changes made my blackberry tour work excellent and functions great. I will certainly buy the next blackberry if it has the 6.0 OS. All apps I purchased were easily transferred to my current tour from a previously broken tour without having to repurchase except as noted.

bought this 6/4/2010
    Paid Theme
    I highly recommend this theme.
    OS 6 v2.6 by WJD Designs $2.99 on Crackberry Store
    This is the only paid theme I have ever bought. I think it improves everything. I tried several free Themes some were good but this theme is super fast! Well worth the $2.99 its like having a whole new blackberry.

bought these apps may 2010
    SmrtGaurd $22.49 purchased on sale here on Crackberry Regular Price $44.99 for 1 year
    if you care about your info not getting into the wrong hands if you loose your phone get this app
    BeWeather $9.99
    very nice weather app very customizable, does not have push alerts but works great
    Pinball Deluxe $2.99 bought it on sale on Crackberry regular $4.99
    I like this game a lot pretty cool, I hope they make more versions.

The following apps helped improving my user experience and all were purchased last year the month I got my blackberry tour.

Paid Apps
    Tether $19.99 purchased on sale Regular Price $49.99
    tether allows you to use your berry as a modem and use the internet on you cpu
    BuzzMe Pro $2.99
    customize LED alerts
    Scanner Radio $4.99
    I love this one it is a police emergency scanner and I think its well worth it
    WeatherBug Elite $4.99 (only buy if you want push alerts the free version is just as good)
    accurate weather according to your current location. NO LONGER CAN USE THIS APP. Something was wrong with my old bb 9630 when I received my new PIN they wont reactivate it. Got BeWeather as the replacement.
    iBearBrain2 $3.99
    brain exercise app/game
    Drug Lord Wars $2.99 purchased on sale $4.99 regular price
    strategy game
    QuickLaunch $4.99
    short cuts for bb functions apps and internet

Free Apps
    Poynt
    excellent for fast info, locally or while traveling
    Google Voice
    excellent voice mail sends text/email with your voice mail or listen to your VM
    PayPal
    sales or payment accept credit cards on the go
    Seesmic
    perfect ping.fm app
    facebook
    convenient for keeping in touch on facebook
    myspace
    convenient for keeping in touch on myspace
    Flickr
    photo albums online
    Twitter
    blackberry twitter app
    UberTwitter
    twitter app
    Capture It
    screen pics of your blackberry
    Olive Tree Bible Reader
    Holy Bible different translations plus excellent study guides
    Dictionary
    dictionary and thesaurus
    Pandora
    great music streaming

So what do you think of all my apps?
    Any apps that you recommend?
    Only a few of these apps actually affect the useability of the Tour - the theme, capture-it, buzz me (I prefer berrybuzz) and Quicklaunch. All the others are really personal preference apps whose value depends on how you use the device.

Berryweather is a very attractive weather program but not everyone wants weather. Equally, I love BerryPopup as it previews emails for a few seconds and then goes away - but then again, I'm also using the Foppa_5 clear theme - a minimalistic theme that gives me plenty of space to properly display Berryweather. Combined with Quicklaunch, I get to all my programs quickly and elegantly without ever having a cluttered screen.
    06-07-10 08:23 AM
    I don't understand the point of the weather apps. Why not just punch the Nat'l weather service up on your browser? Doesn't take long if you have a bookmark. If I want instant weather, I'll look out a window.

Poynt, Capture-it and Pandora are the only ones from the list I've used. Those can be helpful.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-07-10 08:30 AM
    sandman it's not about that for some of us. I work outside ALOT specifically in bad weather because I work in the Emergency Management field so I go to work when most are taking cover. I need to know what is coming at me at any given time. That little app has gotten me out of harms way more than once.
    06-07-10 10:19 AM
    Only a few of these apps actually affect the useability of the Tour - the theme, capture-it, buzz me (I prefer berrybuzz) and Quicklaunch. All the others are really personal preference apps whose value depends on how you use the device.

Berryweather is a very attractive weather program but not everyone wants weather. Equally, I love BerryPopup as it previews emails for a few seconds and then goes away - but then again, I'm also using the Foppa_5 clear theme - a minimalistic theme that gives me plenty of space to properly display Berryweather. Combined with Quicklaunch, I get to all my programs quickly and elegantly without ever having a cluttered screen.
    can you post up some screen shots im interested on how you have your bb set up
    06-07-10 02:11 PM
    i'm curious about how a theme could help the useability? this is in no way to be taken in a bad way - i have just never heard of a theme affecting the useability of the phone.
    06-07-10 02:29 PM
    i'm curious about how a theme could help the useability? this is in no way to be taken in a bad way - i have just never heard of a theme affecting the useability of the phone.
    I would have agreed with you till I tried the theme. This theme i think was just properly made. It is easy to use maneuver around, you have to try it out for your self. I have tried dozens of free themes and lots were pretty well made and easy to use. But this theme has really impressed me.
    06-07-10 02:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD