theme released: http://forums.crackberry.com/f148/pr...e-dock-482301/

hey guys

I love the interface on my zune HD so thought I would try to make my BB fit along with it

i want to post up to see if anyone would be interested in a theme like this, and what would you would like to see for it to be a premium theme

features as of now:
    ..hideable 5 icon dock (slides down when you move the cursor down from the dock)
    ..weather slot
    ..clock is selectable
    ..fade transition from/to apps (i know some people say this slows down the theme but i havent noticed this at all)
    ..custom icons
    ..the same font used in windows phone 7 (Segoe WP)

also, disclaimer.. all the images have been resized, on the device every icon is very crisp (custom made )

here are some images of the theme, it has a hidden dock along the bottom

and there will be two versions at least, one with black background and one with white.
    here is the black background:

white will just be the default white background, with the same menus and everything. i do this because the one with black, some of the text is not visible (for example in the SMS app so you will have to use crunchsms - i can post up a screenshot of how it fits with the theme (very well)). i am guessing most people who text a lot will be using the white background though, because even in crunchsms you can barely see what you are typing - limitation in themeing the OS i guess)

and with a custom bg (beautiful artwork by julian callos (colors slightly tweaked in PS) - wont come with the theme of course)

the only thing I cant find out how to do is make the status text always visible (via svg or otherwise) so those status texts you see like for "Calendar" are images right now... if i cant figure it out (if no one can help me) i will probably just make the theme without status text.

let me know!

thanks
    bbtourer

PS I was htctoucher when I was themeing for windows mobile, just in case anyone wants to know
    Last edited by blackberrytourer; 07-16-10 at 09:23 PM.
    06-04-10 08:38 PM
    Looks very promising
    06-04-10 08:59 PM
    looks awesome, id definitely purchase the black version.... i have a new affinity for themes with blacked-out menus now.... the ONLY drawback for me would be the Zune colors, the pinkish-orange focus and whatnot, wish there was maybe a greenish-blue or blueish-green version, but i guess at that point it would no longer be Zune-inspired.... but still looks very appealing to me.
    06-04-10 09:08 PM
    Looks very promising
    thanks!
    any suggestions or things youd like to see implemented?

looks awesome, id definitely purchase the black version.... i have a new affinity for themes with blacked-out menus now.... the ONLY drawback for me would be the Zune colors, the pinkish-orange focus and whatnot, wish there was maybe a greenish-blue or blueish-green version, but i guess at that point it would no longer be Zune-inspired.... but still looks very appealing to me.
    yeah i figured not everyone would enjoy the pink/orange gradient, i can always do several versions since that is just a matter of changing a few things

would you still be interested in the theme if there is no status text on the homescreen (to tell you which icon you're hovering over)?

it will be out soon, im guessing if i make it premium though i will have to support more devices than the tour

glad you like it!
    06-04-10 09:25 PM
    thanks!
    any suggestions or things youd like to see implemented?

yeah i figured not everyone would enjoy the pink/orange gradient, i can always do several versions since that is just a matter of changing a few things

would you still be interested in the theme if there is no status text on the homescreen (to tell you which icon you're hovering over)?

it will be out soon, im guessing if i make it premium though i will have to support more devices than the tour

glad you like it!
    with the icons the way they are, with the titles included within the icon, as long as there's a glow or something of the sort to show which icon you're on, the status text wouldn't even be necessary imo.....
    06-04-10 09:57 PM
    with the icons the way they are, with the titles included within the icon, as long as there's a glow or something of the sort to show which icon you're on, the status text wouldn't even be necessary imo.....
    great, i was actually thinkin of removing the text anyway cuz it just kind of gets in the way

the icons glow when you hover over them, and theres a little box around it as you can see in the one preview shots

thanks for the feedback!
    06-04-10 10:02 PM
    I also love my Zune, and I love this theme.

Please let me know when it is ready for the 9700.

Thank you
    06-04-10 10:13 PM
    great, i was actually thinkin of removing the text anyway cuz it just kind of gets in the way

the icons glow when you hover over them, and theres a little box around it as you can see in the one preview shots

thanks for the feedback!
    no problem! that space could be used for more HT entries lol! if you happen to need a 9700 tester, id be more than willing to do so....
    06-04-10 10:22 PM
    verry nice themes...
    06-05-10 12:07 AM
    I want this!!!
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

06-05-10 07:15 AM
    when will this be ready to download?i want this theme.
    06-05-10 07:43 AM
    I have been searching for a Zune Hd theme and I must say I love the concept! The icons look nice but I wonder could you give the options for a colored and b and w version and possibly one without the icons on the homescreen? Anyway great work and I hope to see this on my phone soon!

06-05-10 11:21 AM
    I also love my Zune, and I love this theme.

Please let me know when it is ready for the 9700.

Thank you
    i will, i am working on the 9700 now, then i have to figure which other devices to support
    glad to see another zune lover!

no problem! that space could be used for more HT entries lol! if you happen to need a 9700 tester, id be more than willing to do so....
    haha, yup thats exactly what I did, one more today item fit in that space

i may pm you today as the theme may be soon ready for 9700

I want this!!!

awesome! hope to have it out soon

verry nice themes...
    thanks!

when will this be ready to download?i want this theme.
    as soon as i can work on it some more, most likely by next weekend!

I have been searching for a Zune Hd theme and I must say I love the concept! The icons look nice but I wonder could you give the options for a colored and b and w version and possibly one without the icons on the homescreen? Anyway great work and I hope to see this on my phone soon!

interesting about the color icons, what color would you like?

you can hide the today icons, but do you mean you just want no icons at all?

thanks and glad you like the theme!

let me know if any more suggestions come to you

bbtourer
    Last edited by blackberrytourer; 06-05-10 at 03:53 PM.
    06-05-10 12:31 PM
    I'm not real sure wht colors would go well but I was thinking of the HTC HD2 icons in the sense ui when I saw your opera mini icon. Maybe even the puprle/ orange etc. Of the Zune ui. Also I missed over where you said the today screen icons can be hidden that would be perfect. Just some thoughts I can't wait to try this out!
    You could also maybe offer a plain version of the appscreen wallpaper, that I think would help to make it more wallpaper friendly. Anyway thanks again and keep up the great work!

06-05-10 06:37 PM
    this looks dope! try to go with the sliding screen transitions. The fade out transition is so played out, and does lag at times. That's my 2cents. it looks amazing though and cant wait for it to be done.
    06-05-10 07:04 PM
    well as soon as its ready for 9700, ill be waiting on the PM! cant wait to try this one out!
    06-05-10 07:42 PM
    I'm not real sure wht colors would go well but I was thinking of the HTC HD2 icons in the sense ui when I saw your opera mini icon. Maybe even the puprle/ orange etc. Of the Zune ui. Also I missed over where you said the today screen icons can be hidden that would be perfect. Just some thoughts I can't wait to try this out!
    You could also maybe offer a plain version of the appscreen wallpaper, that I think would help to make it more wallpaper friendly. Anyway thanks again and keep up the great work!

by plain version of appscreen wallpaper, do you mean just like flat black bg? i think you will like the look of what is there now instead of just flat black (classier)

ill try seeing what the icons look like with color but i think it will be too overwhelming if all of them are full of color. maybe i can make the selection like a shine of color/gradient or somethin

this looks dope! try to go with the sliding screen transitions. The fade out transition is so played out, and does lag at times. That's my 2cents. it looks amazing though and cant wait for it to be done.
    i can always do multiple versions, i havent been around for very long so dont have much experience with which transitions most people like

thanks for the support!

hope to have it out soon (i have 9700 and 9600 pretty much done.. on to storm/8900 now i think)

bbtourer
    06-05-10 08:08 PM
    This really does look like a great theme.
    06-05-10 11:12 PM
    This really does look like a great theme.
    thanks man!

im working on storm right now.. but i need a tester

anyone willing please let me know!
    06-07-10 12:24 AM
    I'm ready and willing to test on my Tour. BBM me 30BB1741

06-07-10 01:39 AM
    I can test it on my tour, email me...
    06-07-10 07:01 AM
    I will test also!!I have the tour os 5.0.thanks
    06-07-10 07:04 AM
    i would love to give this theme a test drive...looks awesome and i like the icon selection
    06-07-10 10:16 AM
    thanks man!

im working on storm right now.. but i need a tester

anyone willing please let me know!
    If you need testing for the Tour OS5.0 let me know. It would be my pleasure.

06-07-10 10:21 AM
    I'm ready and willing to test on my Tour. BBM me 30BB1741

I can test it on my tour, email me...
    I will test also!!I have the tour os 5.0.thanks
    i would love to give this theme a test drive...looks awesome and i like the icon selection
    If you need testing for the Tour OS5.0 let me know. It would be my pleasure.

hey guys thanks for the support!

unfortunately i have all the testers i need right now for 9700 and tour, however i am looking for a storm, 8900 and possibly a 9000 tester

i should probably post in their respective forums for more luck

glad you all like the theme
    hope to have it out soon!

bbt
    06-07-10 11:57 AM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD