I've never had a problem with my service with AT&T until yesterday. I use to always have 3G full bars everywhere but currently i've been losing COMPLETE service or hanging on EDGE. My service bar is constantly jumping around and what not. I have tried a battery pull already. Are any of you guys having this issue as well?

Can any of you please help me?
    06-04-10 08:37 PM
    Bring your phone to AT&T sometimes a new SIM card will solve this problem.
    06-04-10 10:52 PM
    then doesn't that make me have to PAY for a new SIM card? and possibly having to change my phone number? Isn't there any other solution?

please help people !
    06-05-10 09:44 AM
    then doesn't that make me have to PAY for a new SIM card? and possibly having to change my phone number? Isn't there any other solution?

please help people !
    They should not charge for a new SIM card.
    06-05-10 09:48 AM
    Are you sure they don't charge for a new SIM card? Will i be able to keep the same number? will anything on my phone be erased?
    06-05-10 09:51 AM
    I was not charged for a new SIM card and I kept the same phone number
    06-05-10 10:03 AM
    They definitely won't charge for a new SIM card. You're paying them for service, remember?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-05-10 11:01 AM
    They will try to charge you 25 dollars if you do not speak up and say something I know this from experience, But I will add it does depend on if you get someone that is easygoing or a stickler and plays by every rule. I've had them try to charge me and then some of them won't say a thing about it.
    06-05-10 12:13 PM
    If support directs you to get a new SIM during troubleshooting, the SIM is typically free.

If you borked your SIM card, say, by guessing the PUK code wrong (which is available online on your MyWireless account), you have to buy a new one.

Your SIM card is your key to the network. Here's how it works, basically.

YOUR ACCOUNT hosts:
    - YOUR PHONE NUMBER, which hosts
    - - YOUR SIM CARD NUMBER, which gives
    - - - YOUR PHONE the services that are set up on your line.

That's why you don't lose your phone number when your SIM is replaced, and why your phone number goes with any phone you put it in. And why you frequently don't need to call in to ask AT&T to change your phone. Pfft, CDMA, aahahahaa.

Run over your phone with your car because your holster broke? Pop the SIM into another phone, and off you go, gritting your teeth and screaming obscenities on your drive to work. File an insurance claim when you calm down.
    06-05-10 11:46 PM
    Alright I might stop by an at&t store when I have time. But the thing is watch when I'm at the store ill have service and they'll be like nothings wrong but once I leave my service becomes crappyy again

06-06-10 08:46 AM
    Hey Mister X,

You seem to know a lot about the inner workings of this type of thing. I have a question - how does the IMEI number come into play? Recently I attempted to upgrade to a 9700 only to figure out there are things about it I don't like as much as my 9000, so in the process of switching back to the 9000 I called ATT and they needed the IMEI of the 9000 and told me to pop the SIM from the 9700 into the 9000.

Conversely, a while ago I loaned my Father-in-law an old Blackjack I had tucked away as his even older flip phone had stopped working. All we did was pop the SIM from his phone to the Blackjack and - as you said, we were off and running. No IMEI number came into play. Can you explain how this works?

Thanks!
    06-06-10 10:16 AM
    Only the dealer store tried to charge me $25.00 for a new SIM card. The Corporate store near where I live didn't try to charge me.

06-06-10 04:10 PM
  13. deletedaccountkimbercutes824's Avatar
    They shouldnt charge you for a new sim. The official att store did not charge me when I was having issues and the thought it was the sim card. That was when I first got my service and I had the ultra crappy LG xenon. But I think it was the phone on my case because that phone blew balls. And now I have not had much issues with service every once in a while but rarely.
    06-06-10 08:19 PM
    Curious to know what happens here after you get the new card, this is what ourBB's do all of the time in west houston.

Please update when you get a new sims if you do.
    06-06-10 08:40 PM
    still don't know how sim card has anything to do with my service.

06-07-10 07:32 AM
    still don't know how sim card has anything to do with my service.

Mister X explained it already "Your SIM card is your key to the network. Here's how it works, basically.

YOUR ACCOUNT hosts:
    - YOUR PHONE NUMBER, which hosts
    - - YOUR SIM CARD NUMBER, which gives
    - - - YOUR PHONE the services that are set up on your line.

That's why you don't lose your phone number when your SIM is replaced, and why your phone number goes with any phone you put it in. And why you frequently don't need to call in to ask AT&T to change your phone.
    "

And you know there is also this wonderful thing called google. You could always find your answer there too ya know.
    06-07-10 07:58 AM
    I agree, I understand that the card needs to be registered, but dont know whay it would impact the level of service: 3g and edge, especially since it is a 3g card.
    06-07-10 02:56 PM
    Hey Mister X,

You seem to know a lot about the inner workings of this type of thing. I have a question - how does the IMEI number come into play? Recently I attempted to upgrade to a 9700 only to figure out there are things about it I don't like as much as my 9000, so in the process of switching back to the 9000 I called ATT and they needed the IMEI of the 9000 and told me to pop the SIM from the 9700 into the 9000.

Conversely, a while ago I loaned my Father-in-law an old Blackjack I had tucked away as his even older flip phone had stopped working. All we did was pop the SIM from his phone to the Blackjack and - as you said, we were off and running. No IMEI number came into play. Can you explain how this works?

Thanks!
    The difference is you called AT&T. Your SIM is your permission slip to access the services you pay for. You don't HAVE to tell AT&T that you changed phones, but it helps if all the ducks are in a row. It really DOES NOT MATTER with most BlackBerry phones, as long as the right PIN and IMEI are in your BIS account. I never tell AT&T when I'm swapping between my five BlackBerry phones. No need to. It's just SOP to ask for the IMEI and make sure everything is correct. No random variables when it comes to troubleshooting service issues.

I agree, I understand that the card needs to be registered, but dont know whay it would impact the level of service: 3g and edge, especially since it is a 3g card.
    3G and EDGE are largely controlled by the hardware. A 3G SIM is just new enough to be compatible with the 3G network. The distinction is pointless, as many non-3G SIM cards have been remotely killed if they're not already active on someone's line. They just won't activate. You have a new-enough SIM if you have a 23 or 32 in its ICCID.
    06-08-10 02:00 AM
    could be the phone
    like the other said
    AT&T can fix this problem
    06-08-10 06:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD