I traded in my BB9650 today for the HTC Evo. I've owned a BB of some sort for the last 9 years. I was a BB diehard and blowhard. I always recommended them to friends and co workers.

My previous Curve 8330 worked near flawlessly for the last 3 years. The day the 9650 came out I used my upgrade to get the new Bold. The phone itself was great and a huge step up from the 8330. My problem is I could never get a decent signal. I got NO signal at all in my house and couldn't even place or receive a call. The Sprint CS people were great and sent me an Airave for no charge and this helped immensely. Away from the house I was still dropping calls left and right. Sprint CS wiped my phone and did all the necessary diagnostics but to no avail. In the 3 weeks I had the 9650 I dropped over 25 calls in various area on various towers. My signal ranged anywhere from No Signal to -122 to -102 dbm

So it is with much regret that today I left the BB world for the HTC Evo. It's a nice phone but the touchscreen is going to take some getting used to and I'm going to miss BBM like crazy.

Good luck with your new Bolds.
    06-04-10 04:56 PM
    Every time I got a full touchscreen phone I just ended up hating relying purely on a touchscreen. I much prefer sliders over pure touchscreen for this reason.
    06-04-10 04:58 PM
    I traded in my BB9650 today for the HTC Evo. I've owned a BB of some sort for the last 9 years. I was a BB diehard and blowhard. I always recommended them to friends and co workers.

My previous Curve 8330 worked near flawlessly for the last 3 years. The day the 9650 came out I used my upgrade to get the new Bold. The phone itself was great and a huge step up from the 8330. My problem is I could never get a decent signal. I got NO signal at all in my house and couldn't even place or receive a call. The Sprint CS people were great and sent me an Airave for no charge and this helped immensely. Away from the house I was still dropping calls left and right. Sprint CS wiped my phone and did all the necessary diagnostics but to no avail. In the 3 weeks I had the 9650 I dropped over 25 calls in various area on various towers. My signal ranged anywhere from No Signal to -122 to -102 dbm

So it is with much regret that today I left the BB world for the HTC Evo. It's a nice phone but the touchscreen is going to take some getting used to and I'm going to miss BBM like crazy.

Good luck with your new Bolds.
    That's understandable, the EVO is a hard device to pass up if you have the chance to get one. However, you had the device that I want in the 9650. That's just like my tour, but better. That would be the perfect device for me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-04-10 09:56 PM
    Enjoy your new phone, I've heard it is impressive.
    06-04-10 09:58 PM
    Better devices will come in months and then yull be crying oh I shouldn't of got my evo ohhh.. thats what i hear when a new android device comes out after the other. Or maybe not its not on all cases.
    06-05-10 06:08 PM
    The EVO is a great. But I am super excited about the BB slider that's coming out this summer. I think that will be the one to get this year.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-05-10 09:40 PM
    I got the 9630 when it first came out then did my upgrade to the 9650 and I had and used it for 2 weeks I had never had so many dropped calls and I never got any of my emails...so I exchanged it for the Evo and OMG I looove it...I always stayed away from touch screens, but oh man this phone is the best!!
    06-06-10 07:16 PM
    OP- Congrats!!

so I exchanged it for the Evo and OMG I looove it...I always stayed away from touch screens, but oh man this phone is the best!!
    ahh really? Just curiously, why you tried to stay away from touch thingly?
    06-07-10 04:36 PM
    You know there is an Android forum, right?
    06-07-10 10:37 PM
    Welcome to android
    06-29-10 02:07 PM
    To be honest leaving my blackberry 9630 and getting the evo was the best jump i ever made,since i got the evo i have not had one dropped call on it yet the touch keyboard is great hands down i'm happy.
    06-30-10 06:41 PM
    left tour for the EVO and I'm enjoying. It's a breath of fresh air man.
    07-19-10 05:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD