Sorry if this a repeat message. I checked the forum but didn't see anything. My blackberry 9700 keeps giving me this message "Blackberry message memory is full. Please delete some SMS messages". I deleted all of my SMS messages and this message keeps popping up. I checked options to make sure the messages weren't being saved to my Sim card and they're not. I've done a battery pull 5 times and that hasn't worked. I went into media and lowered my memory threshold. That hasn't worked. Any suggestions help please.
    06-04-10 04:52 PM
    Go to options / status, then click the menu button and choose "Database Sizes." As you scroll through, it'll give you the database name, the number of entries, and the total size of those entries. Any database over 1 or 2 mb (1000kb) is eating up a good chunk of memory. Pay special attention to your emails (the "Messages" database), SMS, MMS. and PIN messages as those are the ones that tend to get out of control.
    06-04-10 05:07 PM
    ok i did this and it shows that i have 17608 messages eating up 9477 kb but i already deleted my messages yesterday. I'm confused
    06-04-10 05:15 PM
    you deleted all your SMS?

one thing i have enver understood is why oh why do you need to keep SMSs older then a couple days... emails i can see maybe keeping longer, but really...

have you tried to do a battery pull (removing the battery with the device still on, leave out for 30 secs, and out battery back in)
    06-04-10 06:12 PM
    Messages mean emails as well as SMSs.

Connect your PC to the BlackBerry and run Desktop Manager.

Go to Backup / Restore and then select Advanced.

Scroll down the list of databases until you find Messages.

Select the database and press Clear. Tis will WIPE all your Messages so do a Backup first.

ANother way would be to go tto Messages on your phone and press Menu, now selct Options and then General Options. Scroll down to Days to Keep Messages. Set it to anything other than Forever.
    06-04-10 06:21 PM
    Yeah I would adjust how long your phone keeps your messages for.
    06-04-10 06:37 PM
    ok i've figured out the problem but i don't know how to fix. because the 9700 supports chat format text messages i have about 5 contacts where this thing has been storing my text messages since like january. i try to hit clear chat and my phone freezes. Need to figure how to clear these threads and then I should be ok. any suggestions?
    06-04-10 09:09 PM
    ok i've figured out the problem but i don't know how to fix. because the 9700 supports chat format text messages i have about 5 contacts where this thing has been storing my text messages since like january. i try to hit clear chat and my phone freezes. Need to figure how to clear these threads and then I should be ok. any suggestions?
    Connect your PC to the BlackBerry and run Desktop Manager.

Go to Backup / Restore and then select Advanced.

Scroll down the list of databases until you find SMS.

Select the database and press Clear. This will WIPE all your Messages so do a Backup first.

Aother way would be to go to Messages on your phone and press Menu, now select Options and then General Options. Scroll down to Days to Keep Messages. Set it to anything other than Forever.
    Last edited by neoman1314; 06-04-10 at 09:28 PM.
    06-04-10 09:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD