With all the updates for almost every other BB phone on the planet, where is ours? Haven't we been patient??? Storm 1 owners feel slighted because of the release of the Storm2 almost immediately after, so can you please get us up to speed!!
    Thanx

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-04-10 03:40 PM
    Wouldn't hold my breath.
    06-04-10 03:42 PM
    HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA. No way Verizon comes out with an update.
    06-04-10 03:58 PM
    no update from verizon we go to hope that are Chinese friends come through. we really should be saying come on china
    06-04-10 04:09 PM
    Load up .519 and lyricidals latest and forget about it. Like others have stated probably won't happen from VZW anyway.
    06-04-10 04:28 PM
    no update from verizon we go to hope that are Chinese friends come through. we really should be saying come on china

LMAO! made crack up....."hoping that our Chinese friends come through"...lol idk but that sounds funny to me...im high...sry guys
    06-04-10 05:06 PM
    LoL.... this is like a total blast from the past. I'd pretty much accept that whatever OS is out right now, is what you'll have until you get a new phone. I'm running 5.0.0.591 right now and its been just fine. If its still not enough for you, I'd suggest getting a new phone. If you're lucky, Verizon might make one more release, but I doubt it's going to be anything game-changing.
    06-05-10 10:44 AM
    Dear Ken,

We will get right on that.

Love,
    Verizon

06-05-10 11:54 AM
    At this point, I would only imagine Verizon to have updated it if something was horribly wrong with the OS they released, or if they needed to update something on the device for federal requirements. Other then that, hybrids will be your only form of updates from here on out I believe.
    06-05-10 11:57 AM
    I think the next upgrade will be OS6 later this year.
    06-05-10 06:26 PM
    I think the next upgrade will be OS6 later this year.
    The 9530 will not have anywhere near the system requirements for os6.
    06-05-10 06:40 PM
    If there is one thing I would hope for in an OS update is a way to speed up the time the keyboard takes to switch in and out of numbers/symbols after a few weeks without a battery pull. For some reason this is the one "tell" that my phone hasnt been rebooted in a while.

As for the rest of it, I am find with .328. I have a lot of friends with the storm 2 that do nothing but ***** and moan about the battery life and slow speed, they are stunned when I point out what my storm 1 can do without any fancy mods or anything. I am pretty confident I will be sticking with the storm1 until I can get a free android phone (meaning I am due for ne2 and there is a FAR sale going on).
    Last edited by jeffmeden; 06-05-10 at 07:25 PM.
    06-05-10 07:22 PM
    Ha, all great posts! Sad thing, all very true though. I have returned my phones 3 times already for various problems - from freezing, overheating battery, screen problems and the list goes on... The final time, I was in a full on pissing match with Verizon about how they should upgrade me to a storm 2 because of all the problems going on with this one. I even brought up the fact that they don't even offer the 9530 for sale anymore, and that all we are getting are refurbished POS. I was pretty much told to go flour myself.

06-06-10 02:04 PM
    Ha, all great posts! Sad thing, all very true though. I have returned my phones 3 times already for various problems - from freezing, overheating battery, screen problems and the list goes on... The final time, I was in a full on pissing match with Verizon about how they should upgrade me to a storm 2 because of all the problems going on with this one. I even brought up the fact that they don't even offer the 9530 for sale anymore, and that all we are getting are refurbished POS. I was pretty much told to go flour myself.

lol, I am not sure what "flour myself" is. Is it something like taring and feathering?

I do know that when I need or want something from someone who has what I want and I don't have many other options, I don't get in a "pissing match" with them because it is a sure way to lose. They always seem to have more pissing ability!
    06-06-10 10:55 PM

Did you expect any different? If after 30 days the phone wasn't up to par you should have returned it. It was a first generation device, yes thats not an excuse for it not working, you can't just keep it until your sick of it and expect Verizon to give you a new phone and eat the loss because you don't want to fulfill the 1 or 2 year contract you agreed to. Don't get me wrong, I'm no Verizon employee or fanboi... but I understand that when you sign a contract you should do so fully knowing what it says and with every intention of honoring it. (I want to get rid of my storm as well.. but i'm not eligible until july 25th. ive asked vzw to advance my upgrade date... but I can't be upset at them for not pushing my upgrade date forward 2 months, i agreed to the terms when i bought the phone.)

The 9530 isn't sold anymore because its 18 months old and they already have a better device available to new customers and those eligible for an upgrade. The 'issues' with the storm aren't going to suddenly go away if they were to give you a new 9530..refurbished storms meet all the same standards new storms do, sometimes even more so because they are more extensively tested to make sure they are in full working order.
    06-07-10 10:19 AM
    Well, I originally went in and was nice. I just asked that due to that type of phone always having problems. The new one was fine for the first 30 days, then usually like 1-2 weeks later it started having problems again. I guess "Pissing Math" could have been a different description. I also have no problems extending a new contract to cover the lapse in the current one - I have until October.

06-07-10 11:11 AM
    Not happening...even luck won't play a role here re: a vzw release. Some other service...hopefully!

I installed 419 and it sucked (for my phone). When I installed 591 I had "that" feeling again...its doing really well for me. I got my phone when it first came out and technically I'm not up for my NE2 for a few months. But at this point...I think I can upgrade according to the rules..since I'm 18 months deep...but I'm holding out. The best phones come out in the Fall...might as well...especially with OS6 and 4G emerging...good times...good times (I hope).

06-07-10 12:32 PM
    The 9530 isn't on RIM's radar anymore. They have moved on, which is probably a good thing. They need to focus on the future.
    06-07-10 04:32 PM
    sadly true. if the memory specs are the same as the storm2 then probably there will me more support, but for what? 3-4 more months? storm1 has seen its end. IMO of course.
    06-08-10 08:52 AM
    If there is one thing I would hope for in an OS update is a way to speed up the time the keyboard takes to switch in and out of numbers/symbols after a few weeks without a battery pull. For some reason this is the one "tell" that my phone hasnt been rebooted in a while.

As for the rest of it, I am find with .328. I have a lot of friends with the storm 2 that do nothing but ***** and moan about the battery life and slow speed, they are stunned when I point out what my storm 1 can do without any fancy mods or anything. I am pretty confident I will be sticking with the storm1 until I can get a free android phone (meaning I am due for ne2 and there is a FAR sale going on).

my thoughts exactly.
    06-15-10 12:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD