I don't have one yet but look forward to hearing from all of you that do. I returned my bb 9650 to order one.
    06-04-10 09:06 AM
    It is balla.
    06-04-10 11:21 AM
    It is balla.
    Review of the year!
    06-04-10 12:13 PM
    It's fantastic. Seriously. You won't be disappointed.

I picked mine up this morning. The Sprint computer system was running really slow because they're being overloaded. When I finally left with my phone I discovered it wasn't working. Turned out it wasn't activated correctly... but I got it all fixed after talking to someone on the Sprint online chat.

It's big, but I disagree with all of the reviews that said it was almost too big. It's thin, which makes it manageable. It's really not THAT bad.

It's super responsive, the screen is gorgeous... it is an amazing phone.

I haven't had a chance to do too much with it yet (I'm at work right now), so I can't wait to play with it more.
    06-04-10 02:08 PM
    Review of the year!
    +1!!!!!!
    06-04-10 04:11 PM
    Luving it!
    06-04-10 08:43 PM
    i threw my blackberry in the trash 4 the evo. Evo 4g is the best phone ever made, i'm not even typing this. This is all text to speech blackberry needs to step
    their game up. Android for life
    06-04-10 09:39 PM
    This is the phone I have been waiting for....this should have been named the Incredible because thats what it is...HTC is putting out some high quality phones and this is the gem! Congrats to HTC and Sprint for getting this out and living up to the hype! nothing ever lives up to the hype..this did in my book....I work and live in a strong 4g/wimax area though so that helps alot
    06-04-10 09:39 PM
    Not to hate on BB as it was good to me but the EVO is so far ahead of a BB it's not even funny.
    06-04-10 09:42 PM
    Does the EVO have a compact qwerty keyboard? Has anyone tested the video calling feature yet? What about the battery life? I would also like to know if the live wallpapers really look as cool in person as they do on video?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-04-10 09:49 PM
    WOW, sad to say that unless BB steps up big time, they're gonna lose alot of customers. I thought my 9630 was on steroids running the latest driphter hybrid....EVO out performs every other phone i've every used and ever played with. btw... i still have my job's 8530 that i transfered all my bbm contacts to. My 9630 is definately gonna collect dust
    06-04-10 11:35 PM
    If you want to donate your old BB, I'm definitely interested.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-05-10 12:04 AM
    Only real complaint so far....no hole for a wrist strap.
    06-05-10 02:07 AM
    Ordered mine tonight. Leaving verizon and gonna try Sprint. I hope I hear some more reviews on here.
    06-05-10 03:46 AM
    Its just everything I hoped for and more. Its like a "crossover" smart phone, part smart phone part tablet computer. Its not to big for every day use as a phone and the screen is large enough to use as a tablet. The 4G network is spotty at best. I live in a 4G city and I have no 4G signal hopefully Sprint improves this. However the browser on 3G is still super fast. No real disappointments here for me.
    06-05-10 08:43 AM
    I'm really interested in seeing how the new EVO owners defend the wicked battery life. The main complaint from most major review sites and even sprint's own forum(s) is the very limited battery life.

Sprint's own literature instructs the user to turn off all features not used. I don't remember having to scroll through 3 menu's to turn off features not needed on my bb. For me, a power user, the bells and whistles are NOT worth the extra $10/month and the 3-4 hour battery life.

Every HTC device I have owned was like that. Whats the point in the extra features if you cannot use them?
    06-05-10 09:17 AM
    Here is the deal about the battery. The EVO has a larger battery than the IPhone. It has a faster processor and a bigger brighter screen and a fast 1 gig snap dragon processor So now people are surprised it has a high battery drain? What people forget to mention is that the Sprint store and Ebay sell extra batteries for this handset all day long. NOW, I purchased FOUR batteries and TWO stand alone chargers. With my 5 batteries 4+ the one the phone came with I can surf the internet or talk on the phone for TWO DAYS Straight without EVER needing a cord or wall plug. Can you do this with the IPhone? Its a big phone with big needs folks just belly up the $ for more power thats all there is to it. Battery issue solved!
    Last edited by Bettermost; 06-05-10 at 09:53 AM.
    06-05-10 09:42 AM
    Here is the deal about the battery. The EVO has a larger battery than the IPhone. It has a faster processor and a bigger brighter screen and a fast 1 gig snap dragon processor So now people are surprised it has a high battery drain? What people forget to mention is that the Sprint store and Ebay sell extra batteries for this handset all day long. NOW, I purchased FOUR batteries and TWO stand alone chargers. With my 5 batteries 4+ the one the phone came with I can surf the internet or talk on the phone for TWO DAYS Straight without EVER needing a cord or wall plug. Can you do this with the IPhone? Its a big phone with big needs folks just belly up the $ for more power thats all there is to it. Battery issue solved!
    Has it really come to the point that we need to carry extra batteries for our phones? I have a HTC touch Pro, and a Touch Pro2 for Sprint, and in both cases I killed a battery in less than 4 hours, and I had to actually carry extra batteries in my pocket. Now that is just a disgrace.

With my BB, I send 8k+ texts a month, use all my apps, use 3-5 gb of data monthly and make 2500+ minutes worth of calls, all of this with just a single battery, one car charger and a home charger. I never get less than 6 hours of battery life and in some cases well over 24 hours of light use.

Really I have no issue spending money, especially when you are getting a superior product. But in the case of the EVO, they added a trillion useless features and that killed the battery life. There is no excuse for it. Look it up, even the HTC officialy spokesperson for that line of phones said he wished he could have said there had been improvements to battery life, but unfortunately it likely has gotten worse.

RIM is behind on tech, according to most android users. Except a BB can multitask, and outlast most power users' smartphones.

For the power user, blackberry is really the only alternative that can least more than 6 hours with heavy use hands down. Alot of people have just today returned their EVO's. 3 of my 8 friends who got it, not have their blackberry's in hand lol. To each his own. If battery life doesnt amtter, or you don't mind carrying a pocket full of batteries for your touch screen, then the EVO is a great solution.

EVO = the next pre or instinct.

Seriously, spending money on more batteries is nuts. Not only did they jip you into buying something that has useless/unusable features, but they got you for all the extra hardware. Now that is hilarious.
    06-05-10 10:27 AM
    JMilch,
    I don't know what the **** you are talking about. What "useless/unusable" features do you think drain the battery ?

So what if I carry an extra battery with me? I am not talking 5 batteries as one of the previous posters mentioned, that is just insane, I am just talking about 1 extra battery in case I need it.

Most of the day I am in a place where I can have my phone plugged in, be it at the office, in the car or at home so this battery life is not a big issue for me.

This phone really has everything anyone could want and need. Things I don't need I will just not use. That is no different than the voice dialing feature of the BB. I never used it. Does that mean it is useless? No, of course not.
    Not all features of every phone appeal to everyone.

I loved my BB, don't get me wrong, but the daily battery pulls and 5 minute reboot times were just pathetic.

I have only had this EVO for 27 hours now but I haven't found anything that I dislike about it yet.

This phone is top notch and FAR from the Instinct etc. !!

Don't listen to people like JMilch who has no frame of reference other than what he reads elsewhere. If you want reviews here then just ask the people that actually own one
    06-05-10 11:21 AM
    Has it really come to the point that we need to carry extra batteries for our phones? I have a HTC touch Pro, and a Touch Pro2 for Sprint, and in both cases I killed a battery in less than 4 hours, and I had to actually carry extra batteries in my pocket. Now that is just a disgrace.

With my BB, I send 8k+ texts a month, use all my apps, use 3-5 gb of data monthly and make 2500+ minutes worth of calls, all of this with just a single battery, one car charger and a home charger. I never get less than 6 hours of battery life and in some cases well over 24 hours of light use.

Really I have no issue spending money, especially when you are getting a superior product. But in the case of the EVO, they added a trillion useless features and that killed the battery life. There is no excuse for it. Look it up, even the HTC officialy spokesperson for that line of phones said he wished he could have said there had been improvements to battery life, but unfortunately it likely has gotten worse.

RIM is behind on tech, according to most android users. Except a BB can multitask, and outlast most power users' smartphones.

For the power user, blackberry is really the only alternative that can least more than 6 hours with heavy use hands down. Alot of people have just today returned their EVO's. 3 of my 8 friends who got it, not have their blackberry's in hand lol. To each his own. If battery life doesnt amtter, or you don't mind carrying a pocket full of batteries for your touch screen, then the EVO is a great solution.

EVO = the next pre or instinct.

Seriously, spending money on more batteries is nuts. Not only did they jip you into buying something that has useless/unusable features, but they got you for all the extra hardware. Now that is hilarious.
    If your 3 friends just got the EVO yesterday and returned them today due to battery life then they are really too stupid to be using such a powerful phone. Its probably better they did return them because its way too much phone for them. Anybody with common sense knows these batteries have to be conditioned through no less than a week or two of use before becoming optimal. It was the same way with my Tour when I got it, my Droid and any other phone. Your comment that "a lot of people today returned their EVO" is stupid. How does your 3 friends represent the entire population? I can tell you based of what Ive seen just as many people if not more have returned their 9650's than the EVO.
    06-05-10 11:35 AM
    I love this phone, being new with touch screen it's taking some getting use to. I loved my BB, but to me this surpasses it and how responsive it is. I haven't had any battery issues yet.
    06-05-10 11:57 AM
    I'm really interested in seeing how the new EVO owners defend the wicked battery life. The main complaint from most major review sites and even sprint's own forum(s) is the very limited battery life.

Sprint's own literature instructs the user to turn off all features not used. I don't remember having to scroll through 3 menu's to turn off features not needed on my bb. For me, a power user, the bells and whistles are NOT worth the extra $10/month and the 3-4 hour battery life.

Every HTC device I have owned was like that. Whats the point in the extra features if you cannot use them?
    I would burn through at least two batteries a day with my 9000 so I have no problem with battery swapping. Its also easier on the USB port to swap batteries which is one of the reasons why I love OEM external battery chargers (RIM makes great chargers) even though I can easily make an 18 hour day with my 9700.
    I imagine its even better with an android that boots in 1 minute compared to 5 minutes with a Berry
    06-05-10 12:05 PM
    Where did you get the chargers from? Are they made by HTC?
    06-05-10 12:07 PM
    JMilch,
    I don't know what the **** you are talking about. What "useless/unusable" features do you think drain the battery ?

So what if I carry an extra battery with me? I am not talking 5 batteries as one of the previous posters mentioned, that is just insane, I am just talking about 1 extra battery in case I need it.

Most of the day I am in a place where I can have my phone plugged in, be it at the office, in the car or at home so this battery life is not a big issue for me.

This phone really has everything anyone could want and need. Things I don't need I will just not use. That is no different than the voice dialing feature of the BB. I never used it. Does that mean it is useless? No, of course not.
    Not all features of every phone appeal to everyone.

I loved my BB, don't get me wrong, but the daily battery pulls and 5 minute reboot times were just pathetic.

I have only had this EVO for 27 hours now but I haven't found anything that I dislike about it yet.

This phone is top notch and FAR from the Instinct etc. !!

Don't listen to people like JMilch who has no frame of reference other than what he reads elsewhere. If you want reviews here then just ask the people that actually own one
    I agree, boot times are insane. I also would like to point out, we are comparing apples and oranges. RIM is NOT known for being particularly "flashy" with their designs or features. They are however well know for being productive beasts.

I was speaking on behalf of the battery front, and really the EVO, or any other phone like it, lose terribly.

As I stated before, if your accompanying literature mentions having to disable the 4g service when not in use (manually mind you), there is a issue....

And the most exciting part of this thread is that I bought the EVO for my Fiancee, and she's charged it already, since we picked it up at 8 am this morning. Good thing we have 30 days, I have a feeling this phone will be going back.
    06-05-10 12:25 PM
    Anyone know if the Evo can be unlocked to run on Verizon? Not worried about the lack of 4G on Verizon.
    06-05-10 12:26 PM
165 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD