Does anyone know if you can use Tether (via Blackberry) and an iPad compatible application? The Tether app on Blackberry works very well on Leopard OS & Snow Leopard OS with the MacBook and MacBook Pro notebooks! Does anybody know if a Tether enabled Blackberry can work with the iPad thereby not requiring the 3G iPad model if just the WiFi model is purchased? This may by the deciding factor as to which iPad model I purchase...
    06-03-10 10:22 PM
    Does the iPad support bluetooth? I know it does not have a USB port so that's out.

EDIT: I'm going to move this to the MAC Forum
    06-03-10 10:25 PM
    Yes, it does support Bluetooth.
    06-03-10 11:12 PM
    Does anyone know if you can use Tether (via Blackberry) and an iPad compatible application? The Tether app on Blackberry works very well on Leopard OS & Snow Leopard OS with the MacBook and MacBook Pro notebooks! Does anybody know if a Tether enabled Blackberry can work with the iPad thereby not requiring the 3G iPad model if just the WiFi model is purchased? This may by the deciding factor as to which iPad model I purchase...
    It definitely is possible.

Check here for details: http://forums.crackberry.com/f134/fi...fi-ftw-475732/

Just so you know, you do have to jailbreak the iPad, install iBluever on the iPad, install PDAnet on the BB and that's it.

I haven't ever jail broke an Apple device before and I did so easily yesterday...just make sure you Google info on how to do it.

The speed is about half that of 3G though so don't expect to be streaming much media.
    06-06-10 10:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD