So this is the deal...I've been getting these bbm's all over the place..and I suddenly realized..wow these sound really familiar to th eones we GOT A COUPLE OF MONTHS AGO!!!!!!!!!!

So anyway..just a heads up and please dont send them....I really believe they are fake......I mean how does RIM have an account for me...or you...??? I never bought anything DIRECTLY from them..........just another test on how gullible some people can be.......

do me a favor y'all........DONT SEND IT!!!!!!

I think it is very clear that it is FAKE..........thank you and have a good night..
    06-03-10 06:58 PM
    It would have to be fake, lol, the main clue being VZW or any carrier offering to credit or refund money for any kind of BBM outage.
    06-03-10 07:28 PM
    Actually, the first clue was the grammar. Don't these idiots know how to WRITE?
    06-03-10 07:35 PM
    lol trust me, I noticed the grammar from the beginning to the middle and on to the end...but I didn't post anything due to the 30 people (give or take) that passed it on, not knowing it was fake..but oh well......that's why thier r edumicated peepl lyk we,

----------EDITED------------

By the way, I think its Apple iPhone users that get blackberries and do this to freak those of us that are gullible enough.....but that just MY theory, lmao
    Last edited by Markv; 06-03-10 at 07:43 PM. Reason: corny joke at end
    06-03-10 07:41 PM
    Yea, it's gotta be from the BB haters.
    06-03-10 08:12 PM
    I got this too. Sooo stupid ...
    And obviously not true. Why r people so gullible??

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-03-10 08:16 PM
    everywhere you go there will be chain messages like this.
    heck, on FARMTOWN there is something almost word-for-word
    06-03-10 08:25 PM
    You KNOW there's someone making these up that should really move out of mommy's basement and get a real job.
    06-03-10 08:29 PM
    Blackberry should actually be honored for being added to the lengthy pedigree of this scam:

snopes.com: Free E-Mail/Instant Messaging/Social Networking Cancellation Hoax

You hit the big time, baby!
    06-03-10 08:32 PM
    i got this too. knew automatically that it was blatantly fake.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-03-10 10:22 PM
    I got this too and knew immediately it was garbage. Real blackberry users would know this is fake. I don't know why anyone would take time to compose and send out a message such as this!
    06-04-10 12:21 AM
    The same reason so many of these stupid emails and such keep going round and round the web. "Well, I better send it, just in case..." Also, people with poor grammar skills don't notice poor grammar.

If I had a penny for every email I got forwarded to me because MS "...is testing email and a friend I know got $11,567 just for forwarding this..." I'd be rich.
    06-04-10 12:31 AM
    I think these are just from BB haters that want to try and crash the BBM network...
    06-04-10 04:01 AM
    Like the original virus writers, the aim is "bragging rights" from how widely it is propagated.
    06-04-10 05:44 AM
    some people just really need to get a life....
    06-04-10 07:49 AM
    If I had a penny for every email I got forwarded to me because MS "...is testing email and a friend I know got $11,567 just for forwarding this..." I'd be rich.
    If you'd forwarded the email, you'd already be rich...

(thangyew-verr-much I'll be here all week, tip your waitress!)
    06-04-10 08:22 AM
    I have a simple rule for bbm email text and so on, if it did not come from a contact that i already have, its deleted. With out a second look .
    06-04-10 08:30 AM
    Why would any service provider send a message to someone asking them to forward it to all of their contacts who are using the same service, when they could just send that information to everyone subscribed to their service?

Wouldn't that be the first clue that it is fake?
    06-04-10 09:13 AM
    I don't get how dumb some people are to pass these on.
    06-06-10 02:07 AM
    Yeah I know I received it from multiple contacts. Seriously people??? WTF
    06-09-10 09:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD