I called this morning to have the data service added to my phone. The customer service rep quoted me $30 a month. I called 3 or 4 weeks ago and it was $25 a month. Did the price go up? I have the fav5 family plan with 3 lines. I only want the data on my line. Is there a specific department to ask for to get the $25 data plan? Thanks for the help.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-03-10 11:57 AM
    Believe it or not, prices do go up in the world of business.. What goes today might not go tomorrow.
    06-03-10 12:32 PM
    As far as I know it's always been $30/month.

06-03-10 12:45 PM
    Believe it or not, prices do go up in the world of business.. What goes today might not go tomorrow.
    Duh! Like I really needed a dumb response like that! Thanks for your wonderful insight on the business world.

06-03-10 12:45 PM
    Ok.. well then..... DUH, like we needed a dumb question like that.

Ask a stupid question, get a stupid answer.
    06-03-10 01:57 PM
    So are you the resident dumb question answering person? If it was such a dumb question why did you respond? I don't think it was a dumb question. I figured maybe someone who works with T-Mobile would have an intelligent answer. I see dumb questions asked on all the different forums I belong to and they just don't get answered or the moderator will counsel them.

06-03-10 02:15 PM
    You asked if the price raised from 25 to 30 and I said in the business world prices to go up.. I wasn't trying to be smart or cute, that is a legitimate answer.... Not sure what other answer you were looking for.
    06-03-10 02:38 PM
    I called this morning to have the data service added to my phone. The customer service rep quoted me $30 a month. I called 3 or 4 weeks ago and it was $25 a month. Did the price go up? I have the fav5 family plan with 3 lines. I only want the data on my line. Is there a specific department to ask for to get the $25 data plan? Thanks for the help.

You should call them back and inform them that they quoted you $25 a few weeks ago however I do believe bb dataplans are $30 a month; not sure if it's different with a fam plan.
    06-03-10 03:13 PM
    The data plan is indeed $30/month. They've also started adding in their 'general' unlimited texting plan for another $10/month rather than it being included in the data plan like it used to be.

To me it's a bit much for it to have gone up in a relatively short period. I'm paying as much for my data plan as my minute plan. I'd love to up my minutes but a cell bill over $100 is more than I can afford.

If I had realized how much they had raised their data plan I likely would have gone with another carrier.

06-03-10 04:43 PM
    Do you have an older plan? (Not EM or EM+). If so, data should be 24.99 for you, not 30. The second rep is mistaken.

However, if you're on a EM plan, then it's $30. $25 for EM+ plan.

06-03-10 05:02 PM

How long have you been with T-Mobile? Are you out of contract? Try calling Loyalty department and ask them if you can get the Preferred Blackberry Web for $20 for loyal customers. It may be worth a shot.
    06-03-10 08:08 PM
    How long have you been with T-Mobile? Are you out of contract? Try calling Loyalty department and ask them if you can get the Preferred Blackberry Web for $20 for loyal customers. It may be worth a shot.
    I've been with T-Mobile almost 7 years. How do I get myself through to the loyalty department? Is that who I ask for?
    06-03-10 08:26 PM
    Do you have an older plan? (Not EM or EM+). If so, data should be 24.99 for you, not 30. The second rep is mistaken.

However, if you're on a EM plan, then it's $30. $25 for EM+ plan.
    I'm on the fav 5 family plan with 3 lines.
    06-03-10 08:29 PM
    I've been with T-Mobile almost 7 years. How do I get myself through to the loyalty department? Is that who I ask for?
    When you call CS just clue them on the problem and they will connect you to a loy-i-ality person. You are looking for the $20 PREF BB: 'unlimited BB Internet and email'
    06-03-10 11:00 PM
    To clarify, the general BB data package for grandfathered plans used to be $25, but did go up to $30. The exception to this is if you have a mandatory data plan as part of an upgrade, it is still $25 on grandfathered plans. If you're on a single line plan, the $35 data/messaging bundles are still available.
    06-04-10 01:50 AM
    Not to rub it in but I pay $19.95 for unlimted data.
    06-04-10 12:34 PM
    Yup me too
    06-04-10 12:54 PM
    Not to rub it in but I pay $19.95 for unlimted data.
    Yup me too
    Wow, I pay 25.
    06-04-10 03:17 PM
    I pay $25.00 for data a 400 messages but the 3g network on tmobile is horrible so it really doesn't matter.
    06-04-10 03:58 PM
    When you call CS just clue them on the problem and they will connect you to a loy-i-ality person. You are looking for the $20 PREF BB: 'unlimited BB Internet and email'
    Called customer care and asked to speak to someone in customer loyalty. Told her I was quoted $20 for the data plan a few weeks back. Told her I spoke with 2 different reps the last 2 days and neither one of them knew what I was talking about. The loyalty rep said no problem. Turn it on and had data in like 5 minutes later. Thanks for the help everyone.
    06-04-10 09:20 PM
    Yeah the loyalty people are great.

A couple weeks ago, I saw that the $20 BB data was offered online, but was pulled shortly afterward. I am now told that "loyal" (long time) customers can get it when they call in via Retentions to the loyalty reps. I'm glad that it worked out for you.
    06-04-10 10:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD