I just found out that the VZW VIP Program was canceled back in February. Does anyone know with solid information whether the main line can still do an annual upgrade? It almost seems unfair, but oh well if it doesn't exist anymore I guess. Thanks for the replies!
    06-03-10 09:08 AM
    Yes the Annual Upgrade program is still in effect, HOWEVER, you won't get the VIP waiver of the 20 fee, or the VIP 50 credit anymore.

EDIT: You still get the 2 year contract price (with a new 2 year contract), MIR (that's the rebate, or could be instant online credit, if you get it online), and you just pay that 20 fee extra.
    06-03-10 09:10 AM
    Thanks a lot Pk. I appreciate the quick reply! I'm not so worried about the discount of the phone as much as I am being able to upgrade @ the 2yr price every year.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-03-10 09:20 AM
    The annual upgrade actually had nothing to do with the VIP program, and yes, as stated above, you will still be eligible for the annual upgrade.
    06-03-10 09:22 AM
    Interesting. I suppose I was always misinformed then / never read the rules well enough then. I knew that I always upgraded every year and got a $50 credit. As already mentioned the credit doesn't exist anymore which I anticipated with the end of the program.

06-03-10 09:26 AM
    I think they did it because they bought out Alltel and there are a lot of Alltel users that have been on Alltel for years. That is personal theory but it is around the same time Alltel was bought out.

06-03-10 10:29 AM
    So what exactly is the difference between this and the New Every Two if you're the primary line?
    06-03-10 12:07 PM
    So what exactly is the difference between this and the New Every Two if you're the primary line?
    Ummm...."annual" means yearly, so that means an upgrade every year. "New Every Two" is pretty self explanatory...but just in case, it means a new phone every two years...
    06-03-10 12:21 PM
    With NE2 you receive a $100 credit if I'm not mistaken towards a new phone every two years (I believe the discount actually comes up a few months early though).

If you have the main line on an account you can do an annual upgrade with no credit applied to the phone, but you must subscribe to a new 2 year contract.

With the VIP Program through VZW (now canceled as of Februrary) you could upgrade every year and receive a $50 credit, among other discounts of I believe 25%. For me those discounts were negated from my employer affiliation discounts which were also 25%.
    Last edited by revolutionary_3; 06-03-10 at 12:31 PM.
    06-03-10 12:29 PM
    With NE2 you receive a $100 credit if I'm not mistaken towards a new phone every two years (I believe the discount actually comes up a few months early though).
    Actually... The NE2 credit for plans $79.99 and above was reduced last year to $50. I think there's a one-time grandfather-in if you haven't used your upgrade in a loooong time.

pk can probably confirm details, but the $100 NE2 credit has basically gone the way of the VIP program.
    06-03-10 12:50 PM
    Actually... The NE2 credit for plans $79.99 and above was reduced last year to $50. I think there's a one-time grandfather-in if you haven't used your upgrade in a loooong time.

pk can probably confirm details, but the $100 NE2 credit has basically gone the way of the VIP program.
    Yes, you are correct. I researched it and have provided a link for future readers. Calling Features: New Every Two�
    06-03-10 01:12 PM
    Sounds like you're lining yourself up for a 9650? I'm jealous, enjoy your new phone!
    06-03-10 02:15 PM
    Yeah, I have the 9630 right now. It has served me well. I'm going to wait 1 more month to see what the November BB releases will be for VZW. I'm hoping a solid leak of a CDMA Curve or Storm 3 (doubtful on this one) will emerge within the month. If not, yes, I will get the 9650 "Bold (glorified Tour2)."
    Last edited by revolutionary_3; 06-03-10 at 02:28 PM.
    06-03-10 02:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD