I have it, but there's no notice here. Just an FYI. Don't notice anything different from 1.1.3.4. EDownloaded directly from Pandora site.
    06-03-10 05:36 AM
    Yes - sorry about that. Shortly after releasing 1.1.3.4 we realized there was a minor bug that only affected Storm (touchscreen) devices. Namely, we weren't tracking ad "impressions" in some cases, which means the ad server might re-display the same ad and the rate limiting wouldn't be properly applied.

Other than that there's no functional difference to 1.1.3.4, so if you dont' have a Storm 9530 or 9550 (or you're a Pandora One subscriber and don't see ads) then there's no need to upgrade.

Marc
    06-03-10 11:46 PM
    This is a recent problem. I have the Bold 9700 with T-Mobile. I have been using Pandora on my device for the previous couple months with no problems. The last 2 weeks I have been having this problem-- I open Pandora and start one of my stations. It will start playing a song and usually finish it....then it will just sit there for like a good 5-10 minutes before even attempting to load the next song. Occasionally I get the "tunnel" error, but most of the time It just takes a really really long time to try and load. Notice I say "try" and load. It's not a connection problem...it's just like my phone doesn't realize that it's time to try and get a new song started....once the "arrows" showing data activity start moving in the upper right corner the song will usually start playing within a few seconds and I do not get any error message?

I have tried uninstalling Pandora and re-installing. I have changed my APN settings...I have pretty much tried everything I can think of.

I hope someone can help me.

Thanks so much
    06-07-10 10:25 AM
    This is a recent problem. I have the Bold 9700 with T-Mobile. I have been using Pandora on my device for the previous couple months with no problems. The last 2 weeks I have been having this problem-- I open Pandora and start one of my stations. It will start playing a song and usually finish it....then it will just sit there for like a good 5-10 minutes before even attempting to load the next song. Occasionally I get the "tunnel" error, but most of the time It just takes a really really long time to try and load. Notice I say "try" and load. It's not a connection problem...it's just like my phone doesn't realize that it's time to try and get a new song started....once the "arrows" showing data activity start moving in the upper right corner the song will usually start playing within a few seconds and I do not get any error message?

I have tried uninstalling Pandora and re-installing. I have changed my APN settings...I have pretty much tried everything I can think of.

Thanks so much
    I followed up with dert46 via email and thanks to his help, I was able to look as some application logs and see that it was a networking issue. The HTTP calls sent out by the Pandora app to download audio over the network were hanging, eventually timing out with an "IOException". After contacting T-Mobile technical support, he was advised to try switching from 3G to 2G (EDGE) and after doing so, had better results.

While I can't make any definite conclusions from this, what it looks like is that possibly the 3G network in that particular area is/was having problems and by switching to EDGE, it resulted in more reliable connections. My only concern would be over the speed of EDGE - if it's any less than 64kbps then you won't be able to listen at the "High" audio quality and you'll have to turn it down to "Normal".

Of course, if you can connect via Wi-Fi that's ultimately the best solution as you don't incur any data usage and the speeds are usually much faster than the mobile network.
    06-08-10 11:23 PM
    Thanks for your help Marc.

I have found 2g to be more relieable. It usually will play consistently...but occasionaly I still get the long lags between songs...upwards of 4-6 mins sometimes. I live in Kansas City, MO too...so I'm not sure why the 3g would be flakey...but they coudln't seem to find me an answer. I have tried changing my APN settings....and that doesn't seem to have made the difference. As I said in emails too...I don't have connectivity problems with any other app--be it Facebook, AP, Internet....so it's kind of strange that whenI stream music...be it from Pandora or Slacker I have these issues.

As you stated...when I'm at home with WIFI connection I have no problems...so this does narrow down that it's a Mobile network issue.

Very strange. If you hear anything please let me know...otherwise...I guess I will cross my fingers that it will keep working/get better in the future.
    06-10-10 12:02 PM
    Thanks for your help Marc.

I have found 2g to be more relieable. It usually will play consistently...but occasionaly I still get the long lags between songs...upwards of 4-6 mins sometimes. I live in Kansas City, MO too...so I'm not sure why the 3g would be flakey...but they coudln't seem to find me an answer. I have tried changing my APN settings....and that doesn't seem to have made the difference. As I said in emails too...I don't have connectivity problems with any other app--be it Facebook, AP, Internet....so it's kind of strange that whenI stream music...be it from Pandora or Slacker I have these issues.

As you stated...when I'm at home with WIFI connection I have no problems...so this does narrow down that it's a Mobile network issue.

Very strange. If you hear anything please let me know...otherwise...I guess I will cross my fingers that it will keep working/get better in the future.
    Other apps such as Facebook, AP, browser, etc. use a lot less data than streaming audio or video apps - so it's much harder to notice problems with the network. They also typically use a different network transport (BIS or BES) whereas multimedia apps are restricted to Direct TCP, WAP2, or Wi-Fi. So it's not too surprising that you're seeing differences between the various types of apps.
    06-10-10 12:15 PM

Thanks so much
    My 9700 (T-Mobile) worked perfectly until I upgraded to 1.1.3.5 about 10 days ago. Now it hangs for up to 5 minutes between songs. Once it hanged permanently. Our 8900 used at the same location runs perfectly - running on the original Pandora version. I tried the 9700 on 2G. No diff. If I connect via wifi, works fine.
    I wish I could somehow reload the old Pandora ver. The two BB's in question run Pandora on their own Pandora 1 accounts.
    Wish I could reload the old version into the 9700.
    Am located in downtown Oakland - 6 blocks from Pandora HQ!!
    06-17-10 06:48 PM
    My 9700 (T-Mobile) worked perfectly until I upgraded to 1.1.3.5 about 10 days ago. Now it hangs for up to 5 minutes between songs. Once it hanged permanently. Our 8900 used at the same location runs perfectly - running on the original Pandora version. I tried the 9700 on 2G. No diff. If I connect via wifi, works fine.
    I wish I could somehow reload the old Pandora ver. The two BB's in question run Pandora on their own Pandora 1 accounts.
    Wish I could reload the old version into the 9700.
    Am located in downtown Oakland - 6 blocks from Pandora HQ!!
    Do you know what version you upgraded from? The change from 1.1.3.4 to 1.1.3.5 was very small -- only a few lines of code to fix an ad-related problem with the Storm.
    06-17-10 11:35 PM
    I don't know what ver. was on there before. It would have been the one in effect about Feb. or March when I got the 9700. Before that, had an 8320. An old ver. 1.1.1 works perfectly in wife's 8900 at same locations.
    Pandora won't give me access to dl an old ver. Why, I don't know. Would there be an easy way to tsfr. the Pandora app fm. my old 8320? I have backed up religiously for the 2 years I've had a BB - only to just discover the apps are not included in the backup process!
    06-18-10 09:08 AM
    I have been using an older version I think it was version 1.3.3 on my BlackBerry Curve 8330 with Pandora for a couple of months. Then last week I upgraded to version 1.3.5 and went for a 9 mile run on Sunday and about every 3-4 songs it would hang. I would let it go about 5 minutes and then have to stop and shut down Pandora and start it up again. I would see that the song remaining would say -0.01. I have done the same route since March on the previous version and did not have any issues.

I just deleted Pandora and am going to try and re-install. But, yeah if I could back to the earlier version I would!
    08-02-10 05:31 PM
    I have been using an older version I think it was version 1.3.3 on my BlackBerry Curve 8330 with Pandora for a couple of months. Then last week I upgraded to version 1.3.5 and went for a 9 mile run on Sunday and about every 3-4 songs it would hang. I would let it go about 5 minutes and then have to stop and shut down Pandora and start it up again. I would see that the song remaining would say -0.01. I have done the same route since March on the previous version and did not have any issues.

I just deleted Pandora and am going to try and re-install. But, yeah if I could back to the earlier version I would!
    I too have a 8330 and have been having problems since the update. I cant even get through a whole song. A song will start, play about 2-3 seconds, then hang......and hang. A new song will start and it repeats all over again. Doesnt matter how many times I reboot.
    I came searching for an answer....I *love* Pandora, its the only music program I use, but I cant even use it now.
    Any ideas where we can find the older version again?
    08-03-10 06:04 AM
    I have a Tour and began experiencing the same "hanging" issue with the new version. I previously had no issues whatsoever, now I can barely hear two songs in a row without a 5 minute break of nothing.

Would love a quick resolution.
    08-27-10 08:23 AM
    I have a 8330 runing on Sprint and since I updated a few days ago, I've had the same problem. matter of fact, I've had it this morning while trying to listen to Pandora at work. I upgraded from 1.1.3.4 to 1.1.3.5 and started having the hangs. I did a battery pul and then I was able to play several songs in a row then it hung up again. I never let it go long enough to see if it would start playing again on its own. (impatient me). I also upgraded my wifes 8530 and she has the same problem.

I popped onto Crackberry to see if I was the only one with this issue, guess not. I just upgraded to v1.1.4 and am trying it now. Will report back later if possible on results...

*UPDATE:*
    Tried V1.1.4, still have same results. Song stopped playing and even though I have the data arrows working away in the cornor, no music palying and songs not switching. I really hope this is a network issue and it gets fixed soon. I LOVE Pandora. It really is no fun stoping and starting it again just to get the music flowing.
    Last edited by skyock1; 08-28-10 at 09:39 AM. Reason: Update on newer version
    08-28-10 08:14 AM
    On TM w. 9700. I had given up using Pandora. When in Miami decided to give it one more try in car while wife was driving. Worked perfectly! No hangs in 30 min.
    Came back to Oakland and worked fine. Took 3 hour trip to Fresno, didn't miss a beat. Ran it on 3G, HQ quality setting. A short test on EDGE worked pretty well on HQ, just a couple hiccups, no dropouts in 20 min. on std. quality.

Don't know why it suddenly started working. Didn't change oS on Pandora or the BB. When I stopped using Pandora on the 9700 I could place it side by side w. the 8900. The 8900 would keep going strong, the 9700 would hang.

...mike
    09-18-10 11:36 PM
    Add me to the list. 8330 on boost. Don't recall what version of pandora I had before but didn't have any problems, saw an upgrade and thought "its an upgrade its gotta be better". That was a mistake. Downloaded Ver 1.1.4 and have not had pandora since. If I can get it to load the station It won't play at all. Most of the time it hangs on the "loading station" page. Tried to uninstall and reinstall. Tried frequent restarts of both the app and the phone. I am gonna look for an older version.
    10-10-10 11:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD